Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You listed a whole bunch of players that aren't on this team. What does Iggy or Deng or Landry have to do with the Raptors, unless new rumors (with credence) have surfaced?
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

• Demar_8756 wrote: View Post
      yeah man I agree wit u Big chieft Charlz, You can't let go of talent....I dont know why ppl want to throw away JJ, this guy is good defensivily and he got some nice footwork offensively. !
      First ... What talent?
      and second.
      Since when is JJ a "good defender"?. Just because he blocks , steals , and rebounds does not make him a good defender. So often JJ makes a good defensive play and then the next play down completely screws up on defense.

JJ's problem is that he is inconsistent on both offense and defense. Let someone else be his farm team for once.

Raps fans are way to into athleticism and not enough into actual basketball skills.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
        First ... What talent?
        and second.
        Since when is JJ a "good defender"?. Just because he blocks , steals , and rebounds does not make him a good defender. So often JJ makes a good defensive play and then the next play down completely screws up on defense.

JJ's problem is that he is inconsistent on both offense and defense. Let someone else be his farm team for once.

Raps fans are way to into athleticism and not enough into actual basketball skills.
        It's the same reason they treated Reggie like a god and chanted "MVP" for Gray. I'm all for heart & hustle, but skill makes the playoffs and wins championships.

Comment

• You all think so low of BC....give the dude some credit...he is trying with what he has...thats what a manager has to do.
          WHen he lost on NASH...it took him less then 48hr to go to plan b.

This talk of past errors of JO or TJFORD stuff...was all handled based on the time and perspective.

BC has a plan...and he will execute. I know this because I work in the same building as him.
          I'm the secuirty guard at the gate.

Peace out
          It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

• Sheesh lol. I hear ya. I love our fan base and all their passion but I'm sick of potential... and freak athleticism. Ill take skill any day.

Comment

• Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
              You all think so low of BC....give the dude some credit...he is trying with what he has...thats what a manager has to do.

This talk of past errors of JO or TJFORD stuff...was all handled based on the time and perspective.

BC has a plan...and he will execute. I know this because I work in the same building as him.

Peace out
              hmmm interesting. Im a security guard as well. Whats the craziest story you have? Anything really weird go down at the ACC ?

Comment

• Demar_8756 wrote: View Post
                poo poo players lol
                DeRozen is below average for a starting 2 in the NBA. He'd be OK if he was a bench guy playing limited minutes. He has 0 star potential.

Strengths:
                --> Transition finishing
                --> Athleticism/Energy
                --> Decent rebounder for a 2 guard
                --> Good teammate

Weaknesses
                --> Shooting (even though he's been in the league for 3 season and as a solid work ethic, he still can't shoot. hmm...)
                --> Defensive intelligence
                --> Passing
                --> Passiveness

I wanted to say he's got a strong work ethic, but the evidence is that he's been around for 3 years and still cant shoot. He also routinely disappears on O and misses assignments on D. These are signs of a lack of self-confidence (not something usually associated with a strong work ethic). I like Demar as a person and he could be a nice bench player/emergency rotation guy for a good team, but he's nothing to get excited over. His propensity to disappear and take nights off has not faded in 3 seasons.

Comment

You all think so low of BC....give the dude some credit...he is trying with what he has...thats what a manager has to do.

Peace out
                  that nash thing was a fiasco from the beginning. A terrible fit with Casey's new team culture, an aging PG for a rebuilding project, and overpaid by 4 million a year. Now we have three shooting guards, none which are starter caliber, thanks to the backfire. This is not a well executed plan. It's a red-headed clown walking a tight rope blindfolded.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                    +1

DO NOT TRADE DD - he can definately improve with his work ethic

I would keep JJ as a spot starter or 6th man - he has skills, can defend and has IMPROVED his shooting
                    I can't argue the fact that JJ is a great defender and should be on our roaster. THe only cause for concern was the fact that JJ was benched for 2-3 games (not sure) due to an internal matter with DC. I don't think they have released as to why JJ was benched-CD, but i trust DC, and if DC wants him gone, ill be fine with that too.

Remember, JJ barely played for the Bulls and TIBs so there must be some underlining issues.

Comment

Do lots of other company presidents and CEOs share their plans with you or is it just Bryan Colangelo that sits with you in the lobby discussing the future of his multi-million dollar organization?

Comment

• *Sigh* This thread should be merged with "Dumb things Raptor Fans say."

Moderators, get er' done.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Peace out
                          Are you sure he has a plan? I'm on the fence with BC, but lately it seems like he's making it up as he goes. The Lowry acquisition was a nice fallback to Nash (and arguably the better option anyway), but the Fields contract is as laughable as Brook Lopez's max contract.

And how did BC not see the Calderon situation developing? A lot of potential suitors have now addressed their PG situations, and BC seems caught off-guard that Calderon is unhappy, with very few trading partners left. Meanwhile, anyone with half a brain would've anticipated Calderon's reaction, regardless of how "professional" he's been in the past.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                            *Sigh* This thread should be merged with "Dumb things Raptor Fans say."

Moderators, get er' done.
                            the over-merging that goes on here is ridiculous.

just let the topics run their course and drop to the bottom when they lose steam.

If 2 threads are about the exact same thing and are posted at the same time.. go ahead and merge. But don't merge threads just because they are semi-related and you are a mod who can merge things. It's so frustrating to be involved in an exchange and then is just disappears because some mod decided the board wasn't pretty enough.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Are you sure he has a plan? I'm on the fence with BC, but lately it seems like he's making it up as he goes. The Lowry acquisition was a nice fallback to Nash (and arguably the better option anyway), but the Fields contract is as laughable as Brook Lopez's max contract.

And how did BC not see the Calderon situation developing? A lot of potential suitors have now addressed their PG situations, and BC seems caught off-guard that Calderon is unhappy, with very few trading partners left. Meanwhile, anyone with half a brain would've anticipated Calderon's reaction, regardless of how "professional" he's been in the past.
                              How do we know he was caught off guard with Calderon? BC's been trying to unload him for 2 years, I highly doubt he was ever really solidly in the plans for the upcoming season, despite all the politically correct bromance stuff he's said about Jose in the media since the Lowry trade went through. I think it's just a matter of Calderon's agent going public with his agent's desire to leave Toronto, rather than a new, shocking, unexpected development.

It also sounds like BC had been talking to Houston about Lowry since well before the draft, so I'm guessing he already had his contingency plan in place. I do agree that the Fields offer might have been a little high, but RFA offers usually are and BC admitted as much... it would have been a genius move had Nash signed and he could still be made to look good if Fields returns to the form he showed during his rookie season and improves on that each of the next three years.

I agree that I'm waiting for the next move with baded breath, but I think BC definitely has been following a plan this offseason, whether we fully agree with it (so far) or not.

Comment

• Alright, maybe instead of questioning whether he has a plan, I should've re-phrased to question the legitimacy of his plan

Comment

Working...
                                X