Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who will have most positive impact on Raptors BIG V or TROSS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who will have most positive impact on Raptors BIG V or TROSS?

I hope this wasnt already discussed....if yes, my apologies in advance.

With all the hype with BIG V and lots of positive feedback on TROSS (TREX)....which one will have most positive impact on Raptors who will challenge for Rookie of the year or closest thing to it? Trex or Bigv

I'm going with TROSS on this one. This because I havent seen anything of BIG V.

Regardless we have some good rookie level talent and I see good things happening this coming season.

Peace

"Demar will be on the All-Star Ballot this year - watch for it"
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Both have qualities that Raptors haven't seen in a long time. Personally, I think Big V will have more of an impact because the Raps haven't had a solid starting center for years (both Bosh and Bargnani are more ept to play the PF). As for TRoss, he has the shooting ability that we haven't seen from anyone since Kapono (and he was a bust in T.O., let's face it). He will be able to make up for DeRozan's horrible shooting ability and will be a nice 6th man, or even starting SG, moving DeRozan to his natural 3-spot.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post

"Demar will be on the All-Star Ballot this year - watch for it"
      Where is that quote from? He was last year.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/01/04/2...lot/index.html
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

My initial reaction is to say that Ross will have a more immediate impact given that it's far easier for SGs and SFs to adjust to the NBA game than it is for big men. Centers impact teams by distorting the game (see Shaq, Yao, Howard, etc.) and I don't think JV is going to be able to make that kind of an impact in his first season. Long term, if Jonas is everything he's hyped to be then it shouldn't be all that close...

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
          moving DeRozan to his natural 3-spot.
          Anyone have an idea where and when this DeRozan is a 3 movement started? I'd be curious to find out.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
            Anyone have an idea where and when this DeRozan is a 3 movement started? I'd be curious to find out.
            Probably the moment Ross was drafted

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
              his game is more ept to play at sf. when he was drafted, everyone talked about his athleticism, but he hasn't been showcasing it. if he plays at the SF he'll be facing slower guys.

plus he's a poor ball handler, which makes him easy to guard at the 2-spot
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Probably the moment Ross was drafted
                No, I think Ross was drafted to push DeMar a little harder at the 2 spot. No consistency or step-up from DeMar this season and he'll likely be gonzo next summer. JMO!

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                  his game is more ept to play at sf. when he was drafted, everyone talked about his athleticism, but he hasn't been showcasing it. if he plays at the SF he'll be facing slower guys.

plus he's a poor ball handler, which makes him easy to guard at the 2-spot
                  So the basis is because he's not a good SG he must be a better SF?

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                    So the basis is because he's not a good SG he must be a better SF?
                    supposedly...
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I think JV will have the bigger impact. Being a rookie I don't think they design many plays for Ross to score and to have an impact Ross needs to score as that is the primary skill set he brings to the table. JV, as the C on the other hand just needs to be active and rebound to have the same impact as any of our starting C's from last year as there were none that were overly skilled. He will likely come off the bench at the start of the season and will benefit from playing next to a great pick and roll pg like Jose, whom I'm expecting to be here at the beginning of the season. JV from the limited video I've seen excels at the pick and roll.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                        No, I think Ross was drafted to push DeMar a little harder at the 2 spot. No consistency or step-up from DeMar this season and he'll likely be gonzo next summer. JMO!
                        +1

I would only add he could likely be gone before the trade deadline.

Comment

JV will have more of an impact - he will get rebounds blocks, and easy buckets, TROSS needs to have a good shooting night to be effe

Comment

But JV will also get in foul trouble some nights....so they will both be have inconsistent positive impacts throughout the season...such is life with NBA rookies. I guess the real question is who will be more consistent.

Comment

Considering their respective competition for minutes, I can see Jonas (battling Gray) playing significantly more minutes than Ross (battling DeRozan). That alone might give Jonas the edge.

Comment

Working...
                              X