It sounds like Barbosa wanted to be a Raptor long term

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red and White wrote: View Post
    I think you would want to address the talent of the starting five before the talent of the bench. If Barbosa plays well to finish off the season there is no doubt he would want more money (especially in the Raptors situation where he proved his worth in the system already). Why spend money where it is not needed as of now? There are some clear problems like the PG position in the future, the SF position in the future, the log jam at PF (too much depth). To be honest, I think we have a Barbosa like spark already in Bayless. If we draft well and grab a PG (while not likely) there would be no point in having Bosa and Bayless with other talent already. Now whether you want Bayless is another discussion.
    +1 Except I don't think you can ever have too much depth in ANY team. It would be nice if all 12 guys played and contributed.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      I really like Forbes' game. Really steady player, he deserves time for sure. Solid player on both ends of the floor, he's got good, quick defensive hands too. Bayless I hope can continue these streak of good games, and I hope he can make better decisions down the stretch of games.

I really do hope Barbosa comes back for next season.
      one of forbes kleiza amir has to go soon. if the intention is to keep bargnani around til at least the final year of his contract.

unless the plan is to get rid of davis.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

If they want to keep Kleiza then Amir should be traded. Actually at this point I'm thinking Kleiza should stay and one of Ed or Amir should be used to upgrade another position. Kleiza can come off the bench in either forward spot and do a solid job. That versatility can be over looked and underrated. I know I've been guilty as charged.

As for Barbosa, I've been thinking about this. I don't think he gets a better offer than full MLE. To put that in perspective Bayless' qualifying offer is $4M... Give me Barbosa anyday. I don't think he'll be back though. Colangelo wouldn't have moved if he felt Barbosa was part of the long term plan because instead of being focused on talking himself into Bayless' stupid qualifying offer he'd be focused on tinkering with different things in a Barbosa led second unit.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          If they want to keep Kleiza then Amir should be traded. Actually at this point I'm thinking Kleiza should stay and one of Ed or Amir should be used to upgrade another position. Kleiza can come off the bench in either forward spot and do a solid job. That versatility can be over looked and underrated. I know I've been guilty as charged.

As for Barbosa, I've been thinking about this. I don't think he gets a better offer than full MLE. To put that in perspective Bayless' qualifying offer is $4M... Give me Barbosa anyday. I don't think he'll be back though. Colangelo wouldn't have moved if he felt Barbosa was part of the long term plan because instead of being focused on talking himself into Bayless' stupid qualifying offer he'd be focused on tinkering with different things in a Barbosa led second unit.
          I'm not sure what to think about Barbosa. Like I said in the 'hitting the ground running' thread, if the Raptors make a trade which adds significant salary prior to July 1st, they will go in to free agency armed with their exceptions. Without this trade, Colangelo loses significant flexibility in orchestrating a trade prior to July 1st.

If Colangelo only has the desire and, more importantly, the ability to spend up to $5M on Barbosa over 3 years (full MLE), then that is not a bad thing in my opinion. Given LB's age and production, a larger or longer contract would be a mistake.

Comment

Who's honestly giving Barbosa more than full MLE at this stage in the game? For the teams who can, this is a deep FA class and Barbosa is way down the list if you're ranking options. For those who can't, a lot of these teams are trying to get under tax or avoid tax. I honestly think you'll see less money spent this summer overall.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              ...I honestly think you'll see less money spent this summer overall.
              Good for the Raptors if that is the case.

Comment

Working...
              X