Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jennings due to Calderon's age.

Comment

with apollo. jennings only because of age, as i also think jennings is over rated.

Comment

Hey if a player of Jennings caliber openly give Toronto love, that is unprecedented. I'd love to see him, fast, uptempo, can score, playmaker and has his entire career ahead of him. Im cool with that and would willing dish out an appropriate contract. Him and Demar are pretty tight and I think they could attract a(n) all-star/superstar. With those 2, Bargs, Jonas, and a allstar/superstar 2 or 3 man, plus ed, amir, jay-bay, JJ, and LK off the bench. In 2 years Im stoked about that team if it happens.
        Last edited by visko23; Sat Feb 11, 2012, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Austin Rivers

Comment

if we are just tossing around names jennings or kobongo?

and the "he said something nice about our city" so now we are getting all wet makes us look like a 10th grade loser who just got his first compliment from a girl and now believes she wants to fuck him
            Last edited by Miekenstien; Sat Feb 11, 2012, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Kennay wrote: View Post
              Jeremy Lin
              Championship next year if we picked him up LOL

Comment

There are other point guards around that may be available in the off season like Luke Ridenour and Ramon Sessions.

Back on the subject, Jose is only 30 and is not showing signs of slowing down, yet. Still, the Raptors are in dire need of some point guard depth right now with Bayless' wonky ankle.

Comment

This is a good question. Jennings has improved his fg% this year and his assist to t/o ratio. He is more of a scoring PG than a pass first one, so I have to think about if he is a good fit or not. He has ability, he is younger than Jose, I think he is affordable going forward...but will he make this team better?

Jose is the type of PG that I always like, great with the ball, able to make open shots, and makes his team-mates better. While he has given much better effort on defence this year, I would still like a guy who is a bit better in that department. Jose will have a busy 2012 with the Olympics, so next year could be an ugly one, but with a real back-up he could be just what we need. Also, with the emergence of Rubio, Jose may not have to log many minutes at all.

If I am thinking about what will be best to get our new members of the team (Jonas, draft pick FA) acclimated to the NBA and having success to start their careers, I think Jose is the guy for that.

So for me I choose Jose for 2012/13. I would love to have a solid young PG on the roster for Jose to mentor and hand the reigns over to in 2012/2014.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                    ...If I am thinking about what will be best to get our new members of the team (Jonas, draft pick FA) acclimated to the NBA and having success to start their careers, I think Jose is the guy for that...
                    I was going to write this when I read WJF's post. The kind of point guard you want depends, to some extent, on the make up of your team. The Raps don't have a lot of talent who can create their own scoring opportunities do they? There is a reason they do so much better with Calderon on the floor. All of the other PG's they have had over the last 5-6 years seem to be scorers. Works when their shots are on, but not so much when they aren't. If the talent on the roster doesn't need a distributing PG next year, then Jennings works. but where are the assists going to come from? JJ seems to be developing the ability to find guys in position to score, but nobody else jumps out at me.

I think Jose is the Raps guy for the next three years, until another distributor comes along.

Comment

• Give me Jose.

He's better now than Jennings, he's going to make Val look great as a rookie, and he's the style of pg that should age well.

Comment

• If they were the same age, Jose, but right here right now to move forward with? Jennings.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                          If they were the same age, Jose, but right here right now to move forward with? Jennings.
                          +1

Comment

• Calderon, due to Jennings' seeming insanity....sorry, this is just a personal opinion, but something about this guy has always seemed kind of unstable to me. I don't think he's Artest crazy or anything....like he's not violent....but something about him just really seems kind of stupid and random to me....I'm a true believer in needing your PG to be a floor general, meaning a leader, and especially, with time, almost another coach on the floor. I would rather have any # of PGs just in the east starting with obvious ones: Rose, Rondo, Williams, Wall, Irving, Holliday(seems to improve a bit every year and GREAT defender), and I would rather try and develop Knight or Walker, though I'm not at all upset we passed on them last year. They all seem to have that floor general quality...

Oh! I've found out the perfect way to describe what I mean by unstable, and random....I think Jennings would fit in perfectly on this current, wacked out, Javale McGee running back when there's no D to play, Andray Blatche(and Nick Young, and Jordan Crawford, and...) allergic to passing, Washington Wizards team.

So yeah, move forward with Jose, and wait for a better option than Jennings to come along.

Comment

• That Guy at the 1:05 marks looks really familiar.

Looks like there might be some chemistry equivalent to Jose Calderon between Brandon Jennings and That Guy. Check 1:18, 1:26, and 1:38.

Comment

• Jennings. He's a better closer and has the heart of a lion.

No disrespect to Jose, who I really like.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X