Airball Magloire NBA's worst player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airball Magloire NBA's worst player?

Airball Magloire makes his living under the basket and has a FGP barely above 30%... how is that possible?
    Stevie Wonder could do better than that.

There is no way in Hell Airball Magloire is better than Solo.

Not at shooting
    Not at shot blocking
    Not at hustling
    Not at finishing
    Not at running the floor
    Maybe at defending against a strong back down player.... maybe

In the past couple of games I have seen Jamaal air-ball from the freethrow line and Airball a 6 footer!!! OMG OMFG!! The guy does not care!!!

He stopped caring about basketball a long time ago
    He never cared for Jay Triano
    He never cared for Canada
    Leo always goes on and on about what a great guy he is but he shunned Leo and Jay every single time they asked him to join the National program.... now he wants to play the Canadian card? when no one else would even stop to fart on him?

He is clearly trying to parles his final season in Toronto into a broadcasting role or some Sherman Hamilton - type personality. Well I know of many who will occupy maple leaf square and start a riot if MLSE ever gives him employment.

For goodness sake you have young players on the team like Ed Davis and he is taking them aside and talking to them like he is a respectable veteran.. WTF?? He is a chronic underachiever and an infection - and Jamaal Airball Magloire is the reigning champion as the worst player in the NBA today BAR NONE!

...all the little Rap fans are on JM's half assed self serving ways - I snapped a picture of one after an airball... wants his money back...

"I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Magloire's only purpose on this team is to box-out, and use fouls (the only 2 things he does well).

I don't expect anything else from him. And if our wings are passing him the ball, shame on them.

Comment

To the OP.. really? I mean.. really? Seriously dude. Magloire wasn't brought here to be a superstar. His job his just to be a back up to the back up (- and when called upon, bang bodies and box out), and be a veteran presence. I don't know what you're expecting.

I'm all for free speech, but bring this thread up to snuff or else I'm locking it up. No good is coming out of it.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        To the OP.. really? I mean.. really? Seriously dude. Magloire wasn't brought here to be a superstar. His job his just to be a back up to the back up (- and when called upon, bang bodies and box out), and be a veteran presence. I don't know what you're expecting.

I'm all for free speech, but bring this thread up to snuff or else I'm locking it up. No good is coming out of it.

I think now is a great time for JM to face the court of public opinion and this is the thread to do it.

Was anyone else not bothered to see him never lace up for his country when we have seen guys like Garbo and Calderon diminish their pro value to play for their country?

This looks good on Airball Magliore - we have had a chance to see what his is contributing - Post defend or Dump. JM this is your life...

Comment

With Triano/Rautins running the show, would it really matter if Magloire suited up for Canada :P

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
            I think now is a great time for JM to face the court of public opinion and this is the thread to do it.

Was anyone else not bothered to see him never lace up for his country when we have seen guys like Garbo and Calderon diminish their pro value to play for their country?

This looks good on Airball Magliore - we have had a chance to see what his is contributing - Post defend or Dump. JM this is your life...
            Sorry, I don't see the real point of this. It's not like he was starting. He's the backup's backup. He doesn't even see the floor on most nights. He doesn't get paid massive dollars by NBA standards and he's doing exactly what he was brought in to do. Complaining about his contributions to Basketball Canada (or lack-thereof) has nothing to do with what his role on the Raptors is.
            Last edited by MangoKid; Thu Jan 19, 2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I locked this in my haste, but decided to re-open it.

Comment

Airball Magloire makes his living under the basket and has a FGP barely above 30%... how is that possible?.
                Maybe Shaq would be willing to tutor him?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  With Triano/Rautins running the show, would it really matter if Magloire suited up for Canada :P
                  seriously.... now that he's gone, can we stop pretending triano was a good coach?

he could have had lebron and chris paul on his canada teams and they still would have lost to the likes of botswana, papau new guinea, turkmenistan, and other obscure countries that barely anyone has ever heard of

Comment

Magloire is not a great any player anymore... actually, even though he was an All-Star, he was never great.

However, his role and expectations for this team have been quite clear and the sad (or good depending on perspective i.e. lottery balls) part is shooting airballs is probably part of the role and expectations of him on this team when he was originally signed.

I have always held a grudge regarding his national team involvement - especially when he came back flashing the "I AM CANADIAN" card.

However, regarding the bold statement, I think Jamaal would laugh and say, "I've made about $40M playing basketball.... that is my life and a great one it is."

Comment

This thread stinks of 100% pure Haterade.

Comment

Btw, that kid is a dutch kid with his father at a homegame of the football club Feyenoord from Rotterdam. We have extensive youth hooliganism trainingsprograms. This is how you let the referee know you don't like a call as being taught in one of the first lessons.

Comment

this thread is worse than jamaal magloire

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                            This thread stinks of 100% pure Haterade.
                            I think the problem is that there is no fear of what he might do if he were to discover this thread. Everyone knows that they're 100% safe from everything from fists to projectiles as long as they stay outside say around... 15ft?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

I have always held a grudge regarding his national team involvement - especially when he came back flashing the "I AM CANADIAN" card.
                              ok I could not have said it better myself! People may read my post and say - Charlz is just hating, he is a looser with a miserable life, his wife hates him, his dog hates him, he looks like a newb every time he plays Call of Duty *sniff* ... and that may be true. But I will hold that grudge against him - fans had better not forget... make and example of him.

I remember 2000 Olympics in Australia watching Nash and Todd MacCulloch play Canada into basketball relevency with every ounce of their being... and all the while I wondered how much better they could have done with another big man like Jamaal... or world championships and Olympics since then.

Instead of helping the program he - the only other Canadian allstar besides Nash avoided it like the plague and even Nash stopped playing after Jay was dumped.

Congrats on the 40 mill. Yes I am hating. No I wont ever forget. Thank goodness we have classy up-and-comers like Cory Joseph and Tristan Thomson.

Comment

Working...
                              X