April 3 - Charlotte Bobcats - Dilemma Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 3 - Charlotte Bobcats - Dilemma Edition

To tank or not to tank that is the question.

Or is it to be professional or not be professional, maybe that is the question.

Regardless of the question (or more importantly the answer) I hope the Raptors bring it 100% and let the chips fall where they may. The Raps have not beat the 'Cats this year.

Monty Williams gave a really good quote that sums up the importance of the last 14 games for the Raptors players:

“If you have guys who think these games don’t mean anything, those are not the guys we want going forward,’’ Williams said. “I’ve addressed it. It’s nothing new to our team. Trust me, we’ve seen it, and we’ve seen it here.

“This is the time of the year where you find out who is playing for the right reasons and who isn’t playing for the right reasons. I’m not going to single guys out, but I know what I’m looking at. I’ve been in the league long enough.’’
    Williams was referring to players dogging it through injuries but the message is the same even if my implied context is slightly different.

ESPN preview:

The Toronto Raptors have a 10th opportunity this season to win back-to-back home games for the first time since 2010.

Even a visit from the league-worst Charlotte Bobcats is no guarantee the Raptors can finally accomplish that feat.

Toronto looks to avoid a seventh consecutive loss in this series -- and third this season -- Tuesday night when the Bobcats go for their first victory since their last meeting with the Raptors.

Since winning Dec. 1 and 3, 2010, the Raptors (18-35) have gone 20-38 at Air Canada Centre, failing to win two in a row.

The Raptors had great balance in Sunday's 99-92 home win over Washington, with eight players scoring at least eight points, but coach Dwane Casey needs to see a better overall defensive effort. Toronto's last four opponents are averaging 104.5 points on 50.2 percent shooting.

"That's going to be our challenge as a staff, to keep tuned defensively the rest of the way and not lose what foundation we have," Casey said.

The Bobcats (7-43) could stand in the way of that happening Tuesday.

Charlotte is scoring a league-low 87.9 points per game on 41.6 percent shooting -- also worst in the NBA -- but coach Paul Silas' team has shot at least 50 percent and averaged 102.5 points in two wins over the Raptors this season.

The Bobcats could use another effort like that after blowing an eight-point lead in the final two minutes of regulation in Saturday's 110-107 OT loss at Detroit.

"We weren't really pushing it as fast as we were the first three quarters," forward Byron Mullens said after scoring 20 points and grabbing nine rebounds. "I think we were stuck on 80 (points) for a while and then they finally got it going, but it's something we learn from. We slowed the ball down. We were up -- we just got to keep our foot on the pedal."

The Bobcats, losers of seven straight since a 107-103 home win over Toronto on March 17, will have to seriously pick up the pace this month to avoid posting the worst winning percentage in franchise history. The club went 18-64 during its 2004-05 inaugural season.

Corey Maggette, the team leader with 37 points against the Raptors this season, will be unavailable Tuesday after suffering a strained right Achilles' in Friday's 99-88 loss to Denver.

With Maggette out, swingman Reggie Williams should make a second consecutive start. Williams hit four 3-pointers and scored a season-best 22 points in a 98-91 win at Toronto on Feb. 17.

DeMar DeRozan led the Raptors with 24 points in that contest as they dropped their third in a row at home against the Bobcats.

Toronto's last victory in this series was 103-101 in Charlotte on March 29, 2010.

no worries guys forbes is out
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I see your Maggette and raise you Forbes

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

Wow, the house is FULL tonight!! ahahaa There can't be 10,000 there yet...

Comment

Some NICE dimes from JJ! Thats one of my favourite things about his game.

Comment

Debating if I want to win this or not but gotta say A.Grey, & JJ are playing fantastic.
            Espically James Johnson- he is just getting better and better at all aspects of his game- passing the ball, shooting, good decisions. Great stuff.

Comment

RNsteve wrote: View Post
              Debating if I want to win this or not but gotta say A.Grey, & JJ are playing fantastic.
              I always want the win. Karma will pay us back accordingly.

Comment

Man watching Ed shoot jumpers is painful. He has terrible form: he jumps first and the shooting motion has no connection to the jumper, it's all arm strength. That's poor fundamentals from a guy with "pedigree"
                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Fuck
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Lol, I'm all for pride wins at this point. At best we get the third worst record, chances are we get the 4th. Nothing to be done about it now
                    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                      Lol, I'm all for pride wins at this point. At best we get the third worst record, chances are we get the 4th. Nothing to be done about it now
                      I think we will be fifth or sixth. SAC has a tough schedule ahead, and we will be trying to fight CLE and NJN for the 5 and 6th. Hopefully we get the fourth, but it's not looking good.

We have four games against teams under .500 left.

Bucks, Pistons, Cleveland and the Nets. Two of which are at home. I think we have four wins in our future, might not be all against the under .500 teams, but I think we will be 23 wins or better at the end of the season.
                      Last edited by saints91; Tue Apr 3, 2012, 11:36 PM.

Comment

That game was painful.

You know it is bad when Matt and Jack are talking about the lack of 'flow'. In other words, the game was awful - but they can't come out and say that.

Comment

I was not impressed with Andre's game. He had 30 but 22 shots. The 3 rebound was bad like usual but, he let a no body(Mullens) have career night 14 rebounds. If your not going to rebound make sure your opponent doesn't get it at leats. His lucky were falling out of the range of T-Rob..
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Mcadoo
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              Mcadoo
                              Very interesting but, I think he will go back to school.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                              X