Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is everyone ready for the worst offseason ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positives:

- I think Rudy Gay is a tremendous talent. He's an all-star caliber talent imo. Shot selection needs to be better though as well as his 3pt shooting.
    - JV is a big time talent. He'll be an all-star one day there's no question in my mind.
    - Ross is still an unknown but i like his skillset alot.
    - Love what i'm seeing from Amir this season. MIP candidate this year and i think he's good enough to be a starting PF in this league. Also, he's only 25 years old.

Negatives:

- Coaching. I don't want to sound like a broken record but the coaching this year has been really bad.
    - Kyle Lowry needs to get his shit together. His decision making on defense and offense needs to be better. Way better. He also needs to be smarter with his selection. His random 3's drives me nuts.
    - DeRozan needs to be more aggressive and assertive on offense. Needs to be TOUGHER, needs to be a better finisher, if he can dunk the ball DUNK IT. His SOFT finger rolls drives me nuts. Needs to develop a 3pt game. This is DeMar's 4th year in the league and to be honest i'm seeing very LITTLE improvement.
    - Bench needs to be more consistent.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

They need a new GM/President, a better bench, and no more Bargnani. None of those is going to happen...Go Jays!

Comment

I would not be opposed to seeing the Raptors flip Lowry for a first round pick this year. Find a team like Orlando or NO in the off-season, make a straight Lowry for pick trade, find some bum to play the point for us and suck for the season with two shots at Wiggins..
        Lowry isn't the guy, so why not cut him now? If (I know.. a BIG if), but IF we land a stud in this draft to pair up with JV, Ross and Demar, than we can use whatever is left to bring in a point guard. I'm not interested in a mediocre season. Suck. Pull a Charlotte. Let's get Wiggins

Comment

Casey will probably not be fired, regardless if we all dislike him or not

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            So when Detroit eventually plans to play Drummond and Monroe together, they got it wrong? Oh, and that wonderful extension for Demar coupled with Fields signing is ok with you? Duplicating the wing position is ok, but god not the frontcourt!!!
            what the hell does drummond have to do with anything. we already had a rotation of jv-amir-davis-bargs-acy

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I'm not giving up hope. Colangelo and Bargnani will be gone this summer.
              I hope you are right but fear you are wrong.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                Here are the plus sides:

-No money means BC can't sign someone to another horrendous contract
                -No draft pick for BC to trade away for less
                -The team can't get much worse
                BC may still try to flip AB for Boozer...could be good but could be horrendous re cap situation.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  BC may still try to flip AB for Boozer...could be good but could be horrendous re cap situation.
                  Raps are already screwed until 2015, might as well get a productive player out of it.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Raps are already screwed until 2015, might as well get a productive player out of it.
                    At this point, technically anyone is more productive than Bargs. I don't care if we trade him for a bag of basketballs, I want him gone.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      My thoughts:

- BC will probably be retained and I'm hating this team
                      - We drafted Ross ahead of Drummond
                      - This team has a $23 Million anchor in Bargnani
                      - Gay is blind as a bat and his back isn't any better.
                      - Let's go Blue Jays!!!
                      Agreed with everything but the Blue Jays, lol, live in Vancouver, and I don't give a smitch about baseball to be honest.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Bingo! If we can flip Bargs for Boozer you do it in a heartbeat. Then we'd have a real playoff team at least for the next 2 years.

Comment

Not making the Boozer deal was the blunder of the season..... If he did it asap he porbably could have been in some GM of the year talks but thats probably going to Houston? GSW??? I dont know but BC would have looked like a genius and signed a fat extension after the year is out.

Really makes me wonder whats going through his mind right now? What is his plan for Bargnani? whats he going to do first? nobody knows cause BC is on the borderline of madness and genius.

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                            what the hell does drummond have to do with anything. we already had a rotation of jv-amir-davis-bargs-acy
                            You realize Acy wasn't on the team when we had a chance at Drummond right?

and you realize BC/Raps passed up a guy with #1 potential because it would cause a redundancy to draft a guy who plays the same position as the guy they were about to extend for more money than anyone would have ever imagined right?

Ok good

If BC is here next Halloween I'm going to be depressed.......so standard start to Raps season for me.

Comment

My off season prediction :-

-BC retained.

-Transactions :

Out: A Bargnani, K Lowry, L Fields, A Gray and Coach Casey.

In: starting PG, backup PG, PF, backup SF, backup center and new Coach.
                              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

1. We need a GM, one with good asset management, and one who can stay patient and earn trust of MLSE (if team doesn't make the playoffs next year, blow it up) #No3rdYearOption

2. A new coach, a complete coach, or at least one that knows how to sub a damn player into a game.

3. A big man, who has a presence on both ends of the court, and a consistent rebounder.

4. Back-up point guard, one that doesn't average a technical foul a game, and one that doesn't shoot 4000 shots, and makes 2.

5. A veteran/defensive wing i.e Tony Allen, Dahntay Jones, Raja Bell.

6. Veteran, whether it be a big, guard, wing, I don't care. This team SERIOUSLY lacks leadership. Casey is a great motivator, I'll give him that, but at some point, with all the losing and bull-shit he throws out, the team will start to tune him out (I personally would like to smack him silly so he stops talking about stupid shit we all know about, or what the team pretty much WON'T do).
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X