No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really high release on that shot, going to be tough to alter that with his wingspan

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
      Really high release on that shot, going to be tough to alter that with his wingspan
      His shot in the Open Gym segment looked waaaay better than in the clips we saw from YouTube. Better mechanics, better follow through, more fluid. And just watching him dribble the ball, he looked quite comfortable with it in his hands. Just 1:57 of video, but I am very optimistic.

Comment

• Says he did not start playing until he was 13...5 yrs. That is a pretty good display of skills in/for that time. High level game experience is probably what he needs most.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
          His shot in the Open Gym segment looked waaaay better than in the clips we saw from YouTube. Better mechanics, better follow through, more fluid. And just watching him dribble the ball, he looked quite comfortable with it in his hands. Just 1:57 of video, but I am very optimistic.
          The power of editing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• What I want to know is when we come across a team like sac and Demarcus cousins try's to bully him. Or he goes to the rim and gets a hard fool is he going to get pinked and back down

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
              What I want to know is when we come across a team like sac and Demarcus cousins try's to bully him. Or he goes to the rim and gets a hard fool is he going to get pinked and back down

very good question
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

What I want to know is when we come across a team like sac and Demarcus cousins try's to bully him. Or he goes to the rim and gets a hard fool is he going to get pinked and back down

You should have the same question with any rookie, even one that was tough in NCAA games. This is a men's league, and none of these picks have played against giants like those in the NBA before.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Well if we're trying to guard Cousins with a SF/PF, there are bigger issues to debate. But I don't know if there's any reason to assume anything about his physicality.

Comment

• Who was stronger, Kevin Durant as a rookie or Bruno

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                      Who was stronger, Kevin Durant as a rookie or Bruno

I don't know, but I'm optimistic about Bruno. He doesn't look like he has the same body type as Durant. His shoulders look like they will get bigger and like he will naturally fill out a bit.

Comment

• We got the Chuckster for Cousins.
                        Myself (March 2014):
                        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Those ESPN turkeys made it sound Bruno is such an idiotic pick when we could have drafted a future HOFer.
                          I went back to 1998 to see how many All stars & HOFers there are drafted at No 20:
                          2013 -Tony Snell (possible serviceable bench player)
                          2012 -Evan Fournier (Same)
                          2011 -D Montijunas (same)
                          2010 -James Anderson (WTF is he?)
                          2009 -Eric Maynor
                          2008 -A Ajinca
                          2007 -Jason Smith
                          2006 -R Blackman
                          2005 -Julius Hodge
                          2004 -J Nelson (best of the bunch by a mile)
                          2003 -Dahntay Jones (from that great 2003 draft)
                          2002 -Kareem Rush (drafted by To)
                          2001 -B Haywood (decent backup at the best)
                          2000 -Speedy Claxton
                          1999 -Dion Glover
                          1998 -Roshown McLeod
                          As you can see not a lot. I would guess average career stats: around 10-12 mins, 5 points, 2 RB & maybe 2 assists.
                          MU made his bones in scouting. Iff he saw something in Bruno, there has to be some potential. If not -big deal. What did we miss? See above list.

Comment

• I missed a lot of this thread on draft night but just wondering: with some added size and strength, might this be the Raptors long term PF?

Stretch 4 who can put it on the floor and block shots?

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                              As you can see not a lot. I would guess average career stats: around 10-12 mins, 5 points, 2 RB & maybe 2 assists.
                              MU made his bones in scouting. Iff he saw something in Bruno, there has to be some potential. If not -big deal. What did we miss? See above list.
                              That is a very flawed logic. Make a list of good players who were drafted below 20 in past 20 years and have contributed so much to their team ... I bet you that the list would be huge ... With the way our team is constructed, we will be drafting late in the draft for next few years. This is the tool that has to help us get better.

One of the things that Spurs are praised for is how they can get talent late in the draft and use them to keep themselves competitive.

If you have the logic that well, 20 pick are not usually good and if we miss, so what, we miss !!! Then might as well, trade that pick for teams who value draft and get some player. Guess who used to do that Our very OWN RR favourite for 7 years, Mr.BC.

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                                I think MU made a great decision, we finally have someone who can guard guys like Joe Johnson, LeBron, Durant, all he needs is to add some strength, even though that long wingspan will help him recover on his lapses a lot

Too much homerism here. Spurs fans thought the same thing when they got Austin daye.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X