Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Like to See Nocioni As a Raptor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Like to See Nocioni As a Raptor?

Now I know that most Raptors fans for years have been infatuated with Andres, but apparently he's not happy with his lack of a role in Sacramento this season. So, its looking like we're going to have a busy offseason of restructuring this team, should Colangelo be interested?

Ignore the fact that he's an international player because I don't want people to think we should continue building a team merely because of our current international flavour, but I've always considered Nocioni much of the same mould as Garbajosa with his toughness, hustle and grittiness. Something that we've continued to lack again this season. (Sorry Reggie Evans fans)

Andres Nocioni would like to be traded if he's not going to be a part of the plan in Sacramento.

"I think they've shown here, that one: I am not part of this group. Therefore, I don't have a problem. I have to accept it. I think that not being part of a group or not being in the coach's plans or of those in charge is not bad at all. Therefore I accept it," Nocioni said.

He actually saw his minutes increase when the Bulls dealt him to the Kings last season, but this year his playing time has decreased significantly.

"For me it's very difficult. I still don't understand what happened. Why there was so much change. Why I found myself playing 30 minutes and all of a sudden I moved to playing five or playing 10. No, no, no, I don't know why. Therefore, how can I tell you, sometimes one doesn't have the answer," Nocioni added.
    Source - Click here

He would be a nice addition. Maybe they could land him for an expiring 2010/2011 contract plus a filler? In other word, maybe they would be willing to dump him?

Comment

Andres Better SF than turk... hmmm ok! :P

Comment

I always liked him as a Bull
        I wouldnt mind him coming to toronto, he would bring some REAL toughness
        But like always you only want him at the right price

Comment

Does he have a good offensive game? which goes along with his defense?

Comment

No, taking on two years of Nocioni's contract is a bad idea. It will limit the team's ability to make other moves.

Even if he's available for a Marcus Banks package ... that added year is a non-starter.

The Raptors can get a better talent through free agency with their MLE than Nocioni. They should keep the financial flexibility for that option instead of settling for a less talented player (Nocioni).
            nbaroundtable

Comment

Faithleader wrote: View Post
              Does he have a good offensive game? which goes along with his defense?
              Think a more skilled Jorge Garbajosa.

Comment

Kind of like the Arenas talk, Nocioni is a nice piece when paired with a reasonable contract.... and like Arenas/J.O./Shard/Banks and about 100 other players in the league they will be avoided like the plague until their contracts are expiring...
                When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Free agents to get for a small price... (fairly small price...lol)
                  Carlos Boozer
                  Manu Ginobili
                  Brendan Haywood
                  Hakim Warrick
                  Udonis Haslem

Comment

I like Nocioni. He is a very good two way player, and has a bit of a nasty streak, some might even call him a dirty player. The Problem is you need to find a place for him on Toronto. I think that is tough with Hedo here. Now if Sacramento would be willing to take back Hedo, then I think you can find a spot in the rotation for Nocioni. But as it stands now there isn't much room for him since he can really only play the SF position, maybe a bit of PF if the team goes small.

If Hedo was going the other way then I would love to get Nocioni. I think he would be a great starting SF playing close to 30 minutes a game. I like him as a starter because he is a good defender and rebounder, and the starting lineup could use that. He would not be a liability on offense because he is a pretty good three point shooter. If Demar develops his offensive game a starting lineup of Bosh, Bargs, Nocioni, Demar, and Jack would have more than enough offensive firepower. As a bonus, they might actually be able to defend somebody.
                    I Am Shutup

Comment

I agree with a couple of ppl who said they would like to see Nocioni here if Turk was gone. But if Turk is staying here, which is most likely, then Nocioni just makes the logjam bigger. Really excited to see the possible shake-up of this offseason, say what you will about BC but he has shown he's able to move big pieces if necessary.

Comment

Nocioni would be a really nice piece to add. Guy is full of grit and he's not afraid to bang. I think a 'more skilled Garbajosa' is a really good analogy. But like you guys've already said, it'd be hard to get him minutes here at SF.
                        http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

JYFelony wrote: View Post
                          I agree with a couple of ppl who said they would like to see Nocioni here if Turk was gone. But if Turk is staying here, which is most likely, then Nocioni just makes the logjam bigger. Really excited to see the possible shake-up of this offseason, say what you will about BC but he has shown he's able to move big pieces if necessary.
                          it's going to be a real b**** getting rid of Turk
                          I dont see someone jumping at the chance to add a crappy contract

Comment

I havent seen him lately but liked his game when he was with the Bulls. Does any know what happened to his relationship with coach Paul Westphal?...or has he just slowed down?...because he was a hound on defence and did not shy from playing inside...on o or d.

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
                              it's going to be a real b**** getting rid of Turk
                              I dont see someone jumping at the chance to add a crappy contract
                              Oh I know it won't be easy to get rid of that whale of a contract, but BC has shown he's been able to work some magic on the trade tables.

Comment

Working...
                              X