Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

While the rest of the league YINGs, should the Raptors now YANG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    This would actually be a smart move by BC (perhaps the first?). The Raptors weren't going to win a title this year by adding Boozer for Bargnani. The Raps are in the position of power in this negotiation because a) very few teams willing to take on Boozer's contract, b) Chicago's position into the tax means they are more pressed to make a deal. If BC is smart enough to wait, use the tax leverage and the "only game in town" angle, then perhaps we can get a better return in the deal than if we had done it at the deadline. As much as fans want Bargnani gone, the Raps aren't in the position where they HAVE to trade him, while the finances might dictate that the Bulls must make the deal.
    You don't think the Raps HAVE to trade Bargnani?? I think if Bargnani comes back next year ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE. I don't think management should be so eager to test our patience regarding Bargnani.

Basketball wise --- Bargnani must be moved
    Smart $$ wise ---- Bargnani is unproductive at $10-11 million per season and must be moved

I think we're just as desperate as Chicago (only difference is they have playoff revenue to make up for Boozer's contract) whereas we just plainly suck with AB. Not to mention Bargs is injury prone as well.....First order of business this off-season should be trading bargs IMO. The dude is a cancer on this team.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
      You don't think the Raps HAVE to trade Bargnani?? I think if Bargnani comes back next year ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE. I don't think management should be so eager to test our patience regarding Bargnani.

Basketball wise --- Bargnani must be moved
      Smart $$ wise ---- Bargnani is unproductive at $10-11 million per season and must be moved

I think we're just as desperate as Chicago (only difference is they have playoff revenue to make up for Boozer's contract) whereas we just plainly suck with AB. Not to mention Bargs is injury prone as well.....First order of business this off-season should be trading bargs IMO. The dude is a cancer on this team.
      We want to move Bargnani, but we don't have the luxury tax penalties/ownership pressure to move him like Chicago seems to have with getting below the tax line, so yeah, we dont have to move Bargnani. That is negotiation leverage to use with Chicago.

I also don't see Bargnani as a cancer on the team. Cancers are usually guys who rip the team apart by talking behind players/coaches backs and vocally complaining about their lot in life. Bargnani doesn't seem to care enough to complain, so guys will ignore him easily.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        We want to move Bargnani, but we don't have the luxury tax penalties/ownership pressure to move him like Chicago seems to have with getting below the tax line, so yeah, we dont have to move Bargnani. That is negotiation leverage to use with Chicago.

I also don't see Bargnani as a cancer on the team. Cancers are usually guys who rip the team apart by talking behind players/coaches backs and vocally complaining about their lot in life. Bargnani doesn't seem to care enough to complain, so guys will ignore him easily.
        Bargs DID say that we're basically the worst team in the nba.

Also, his effort is always questioned.

Also, he gets coddled like NO OTHER (ask JV and ED).

He makes Dwane say dumb things like "come hell or high water.".... the list goes on

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
          Bargs DID say that we're basically the worst team in the nba.

Also, his effort is always questioned.

Also, he gets coddled like NO OTHER (ask JV and ED).

He makes Dwane say dumb things like "come hell or high water.".... the list goes on
          Reach

Reach

...and Reach.

None of those things equal cancer (did you see the bench stand up and applaud when Bargs came into the game, to counteract the booing. This is not what a team does when a guy is a cancer. His team mates support him. there are qualities that they see behind the scenes that are not obvious to the casual fan like yourself.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            Reach

Reach

...and Reach.

None of those things equal cancer (did you see the bench stand up and applaud when Bargs came into the game, to counteract the booing. This is not what a team does when a guy is a cancer. His team mates support him. there are qualities that they see behind the scenes that are not obvious to the casual fan like yourself.
            Thanks, couldn't have put it better myself. Barg's isn't the most popular guy on the team (lazy people usually aren't) but he is so far away from being a cancer.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

"Cancer" may be too harsh of a word, but there's no denying that he's a glaring example of injustice within the locker room.

But that's Casey/Colangelo's fault....not Bargnani's.

Comment

Tye

What do you think the salary cap will be this off-season? Will it stay at 58M or is it more likely to jump up to 60M?

Larry Coon

I’ve been running with $58.5 million to $60 million for the cap and $71.5 million to $73 million for the tax for most of the season. I haven’t heard any updated projections in a while.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-salary...rry-coon-52413
                Not really sure where to put this so I figured I'd throw it in here.

It also bumps the idea of the Raptors becoming spenders to the forefront. It has been rumoured on twitter by media folk that the Raptors are an enticing team because ownership is willing to spend beyond the tax if need be.

Comment

Didn't see it mentioned, but does it follow from this that we should also be trading first round picks for good players since they're seemingly overvalued now? Before anybody reacts, I'm not implying anything. Honestly just a question.

Comment

TRX wrote: View Post
                    Didn't see it mentioned, but does it follow from this that we should also be trading first round picks for good players since they're seemingly overvalued now? Before anybody reacts, I'm not implying anything. Honestly just a question.
                    The obvious cop-out answer is to say that it depends on the opportunity. On the plus side, for whoever comes in as the new GM, the Raptors suddenly have multiple future 1st round picks to use as trade bait, which they didn't have a week ago. Theoretically, the new GM could go out and trade up to 3 future 1st round picks (ie: 2014 + 2016 + 2018), giving the Raps significant additional assets.

Comment

Working...
                    X