Raptors Re-Brand Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Re-Brand Under Way

Sid Lee has been selected to lead the Toronto Raptors through a rebranding following a formal review.

Following Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment‘s announcement in September that the team will rebrand, the company held a formal review with a “handful” of agencies, selecting Sid Lee for the project this week.

This is exciting and Sid Lee Toronto is a fantastic agency. I'm very interested in the final designs.

Read the rest here.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Awesome

I've long hated our unis so this is fantastic news to me
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Looked into Sid Lee a little and found it interesting they've done a lot of architecture stuff and from their portfolio take a really interesting "clean lines" approach. they've also helped rebrand adidas and red bull. very interesting. i'm excited to see what they do.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Will they just be changing the color and designs of the uniform and logo, or will they be changing the name of the team as well?

Personally I'd like them to keep the Raptors name.
        OG is our king

Comment

Awesome news. Hopefully we get some hints as the process goes on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think it's fair to say it.....big tings coming big tings.

Also, the **** on my toilet is cracked. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement ****? Or would it just be cheaper to buy a new toilet instead of getting a replacement ****?
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
              Will they just be changing the color and designs of the uniform and logo, or will they be changing the name of the team as well?

Personally I'd like them to keep the Raptors name.
              I think Lieweke said previously that they were thinking of changing the name, but ultimately decided to maintain the "Raptors".

Mostly likely just a colour/uniform change.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                Looked into Sid Lee a little and found it interesting they've done a lot of architecture stuff and from their portfolio take a really interesting "clean lines" approach. they've also helped rebrand adidas and red bull. very interesting. i'm excited to see what they do.
                Red bull is the single best marketed product imo
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                  Red bull is the single best marketed product imo
                  Coke might have something to say about that

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I think Lieweke said previously that they were thinking of changing the name, but ultimately decided to maintain the "Raptors".

Mostly likely just a colour/uniform change.
                    So if they went from 'raptor' as in dinosaur to 'raptor' as in bird of prey, this could still work?

Anyone know anyone at Sid Lee? Can we get this passed along?
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

As long as the purple pinstripes and cartoon dinos remain a thing of the past, I don't have much interest in marketing of the Raptors. I am enjoying the product on the floor this season and hope the product improves moving forward.

Comment

So we could say the raptors sore above the competition? Send that to sid Lee too
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

I'm pretty sure it'll be the dinosaur.

In fact, i'm just going to throw this out there. Who thinks Drake night was just an excuse to see what people thought of the black and gold look? Essentially a marketing test? I do. People LOVED the black and gold. Personally, i'm a fan.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            I'm pretty sure it'll be the dinosaur.

In fact, i'm just going to throw this out there. Who thinks Drake night was just an excuse to see what people thought of the black and gold look? Essentially a marketing test? I do. People LOVED the black and gold. Personally, i'm a fan.
                            I 100% believe it was a test. And it seemed to have went over well with the fans.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                              As long as the purple pinstripes and cartoon dinos remain a thing of the past, I don't have much interest in marketing of the Raptors. I am enjoying the product on the floor this season and hope the product improves moving forward.
                              I agree, unless new uniforms are going to get us more wins, I'm not really that concerned. Re-branding is a marketing tool, and I am already a part of the market, so whatever.

Comment

Working...
                              X