Will The Raptors Make The Playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will The Raptors Make The Playoffs?

All interesting activity happening in the Eastern Conf.

Will Raptors make the top 8 cut in the Eastern Conf. for playoff

My picks

1) Bulls
    2) Heat
    3) Magic
    4) Boston
    5) Hawks
    6) Bucks
    7) Dog fight
    8) Dog fight

Pistons, 76ers might be ahead of Raptors .... What you all think?

1) Miami
    2) Boston
    3) Orlando
    4) Chicago
    5) Atlanta
    6) Bucks
    7) Bobcats
    8) Dog Fight (76ers/Raptors(sleeper)/Cavs)

Comment

I know many dont expect BULL to make alot of noise... but they have a nice team.

Have PISTONS done anything? Why did you pick BOBCATS

Comment

I like Miami in the number one spot, especially if they land Fisher/Miller/Ilgauskas which have all been rumoured to possibly be heading there. Charlotte should take the 7 spot, with an outside shot of taking the 6 ahead of the Bucks, the Knicks will get the 8th. I like us better than the Pistons, but Indiana and the Sixers may finish ahead of us.

The East has gotten a hell of a lot stronger this offseason, I'm hoping our rebuild doesn't take too long because we could be looking up in the Standings for some time.

As for the West, it looks like Utah may fall off big time as well as the Suns, but you can never really count out teams led by Jerry Sloan and Steve Nash.

Comment

Nash

Mack North wrote: View Post
          As for the West, it looks like Utah may fall off big time as well as the Suns, but you can never really count out teams led by Jerry Sloan and Steve Nash.

NASH despite his age, despite changes to rosters or whatever not... plays his heart out night in night out. Even though I presently hate the HEAT... I was hoping somehow he can manage to fit into HEAT ROSTER.. he deserves a Championship ring.

I know it aint happening.... but this guy is among the best...consider his age.

Comment

who cares if raptors finish last we ll get harrison barnes or enes kanter or brandon knight.

Comment

I love the Raptors... but I too feel they wont make the playoffs... u never know

Comment

i hope they finish last and get a top 3 pick and draft barnes kanter or knight

Comment

i know kanter is another euro but he broke the record in the nike hoop summit game and has a bit of david lee and tim duncan in his game

Comment

TO

rapsfan wrote: View Post
                    i know kanter is another euro but he broke the record in the nike hoop summit game and has a bit of david lee and tim duncan in his game
                    IF BC can pickup a goto and/or Impact player via trade or what not... we're in the PLAYOFFs. If we make a habit of winning and get deep in the playoffs... other players would want to play here....

SEE UTAH, SEE SPURS ... These Cities are not better then what TORONTO offers..
                    but they win and have a habit --- thus all players would rather play in UTAH then TORONTO.

I see BUCKS as a sleeper team...

Comment

I like New Jersey in the 7/8 spot if Devin Harris can stay healthy.

Comment

Interesting pick with NJ at 8.

I feel RAPs are better then NJ but both would make it... just my opinion

Comment

Bobcats had the best defence in the league last season i blv.
                          They will most likely finish 7th or 8th or above (they are sleepers).

Personally i would like raptors to not make the playoffs and be at the bottom of the standings so we can land barnes or other top potential player. We need to realize that the only way this organization can win a championship is through drafting top notch talent rather than late lottery picks aka role players(u may find a jewel here and there).
                          Still raptors should let the young gunz develop and not worry about making the playoffs. Worry about it 2 years from now when you have a talented young group such as Oklahoma.

Comment

Raptors wrote: View Post
                            Bobcats had the best defence in the league last season i blv.
                            They will most likely finish 7th or 8th or above (they are sleepers).

Personally i would like raptors to not make the playoffs and be at the bottom of the standings so we can land barnes or other top potential player. We need to realize that the only way this organization can win a championship is through drafting top notch talent rather than late lottery picks aka role players(u may find a jewel here and there).
                            Still raptors should let the young gunz develop and not worry about making the playoffs. Worry about it 2 years from now when you have a talented young group such as Oklahoma.
                            Bang on Raptors! That is what I am saying too! Why not tank and get an Harrison Barnes or Brandon Knight instead of falling to a range of #9-#13 in the draft when all the franchise and all-star players will have been taken like BC wants. I don't see this team making the playoffs and even if we do, we still lose in the first round(when last have we seen the 6-8 seeds in the playoffs beat higher seeds in the East, a while, 3rd seed raptors losing to 6th seed New Jersey Nets and an 8th seed beating the first seed(don`t know the year and the teams) are anomalies).That is what BC needs to know hopefully and the other fans supporting retooling instead of rebuilding need to know too. Ask OKC and Portland, they are happier for taking such route since free agents were not going to sign there anyway(and it is possible but without BC, we need an assistant GM of Spurs or OKC or Kevin Pritchard and some shrewd Spurs-like drafting)..

Comment

I can't believe no one has mentioned New York. I'm pretty sure they're going to be competing for one of the last playoff spots. And there is no way the Raptors, with the roster they have now, are going to vie for the last playoff spots. If they finish 10th I'll be surprised.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X