NBA.com: Bosh is the New Vince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA.com: Bosh is the New Vince

Chris Bosh will take over for you as the greatest villain in Toronto.

For years, Carter has had to endure the venom of Toronto Raptors fans for stealing his way out of town without delivering the goods for the local fans. They made it a point to boo him and make sure he never escaped their wrath after he bolted for the states.

Now that Bosh has decided to join Dwyane Wade in Miami, he will assume Carter’s place atop the hate-list for Raptors fans. In fact, he’s already moved into the top spot if you sample the darts being thrown his way today. The only target taking on more fire than Bosh is the organization, mainly for allowing yet another franchise player to leave town, per some.

Honestly, the Raptors didn’t have many options.

Once it became clear that Bosh was anxious to vacate the premises, basically all they could do was wait and see where he decided to go. The guy we really feel for here at the hideout is recent Raptors lottery pick Ed Davis, who now assumes the mantle of the next great franchise player (in training).

And you better believe the countdown to his exit is already on the minds of many of our friends north of the border.
    Linky: NBA.com

What a knob! What kind of research and interviewing went into that article in all of three hours! And who in Toronto has declared Ed Davis our new franchise player???

Comment

Meh. VC deliberately tanked games. It's hard to top that.

Yeah, Bosh is being selfish and insincere, but he's a free agent and everything he's doing is well within the rules. To treat him the same way as VC would be an overreaction.

Not to say that Toronto fans don't overreact, but I think most would prefer to just get on with things and see what the youth movement on the team is capable of. Why flatter Bosh with more attention? It's what he craves, after all.

Comment

I think the writer of this article is taking some sort of smugged glee in all of this.

Comment

Wince tanked games in a rebuilding year and demanded a trade because the team was garbage. What he did was unforgivable as far as I'm concerned, well maybe when he dies I will forgive him.

Bosh seemingly gave up after the all star break, milked an injury and then used the Jamison elbow to disappear forever in the middle of a playoff race.

I think they are both in the same ballpark, I don't know why raptor fans aren't more upset with his actions on and off the court. The guy treated the organization, his teammates and the fans with an utter lack of respect and acted as if the last 7 years were simply preamble for his trip down south.

Comment

Vince Carter demanded a trade and tanked games until he got his way. Chris Bosh honored his contract and left via free agency after meeting his contractual agreements in a strictly professional manner. While he didn't handle his free agency professionally, he wasn't a Raptor anymore. I don't think Bosh is worth booing. He never achieved anything here and had he stayed it probably would not have changed. By signing on with Wade he is signaling that he realizes the blatantly obvious as well, he's not a Champion level leader. If Raptors fans boo him it will be ridiculous. They aren't harming Bosh but they will certainly be harming their league perception.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
              and then used the Jamison elbow to disappear forever in the middle of a playoff race.
              Is this the new conspiracy theory? That he faked the severity Jamison elbow so he's have more of a reason to bail on TO?

That's pretty ridiculous.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

nba.com just doesnt get it

bosh in nowhere near VC's stratosphere... both in what he accomplished for the franchise, or the disdain he'll get from the fans..

Comment

I agree, Bosh may hold more individual records but Carter accomplished more for the team and was a more dominate force on the court. Carter could take over a game at will, Bosh can't do that unless his quarterback is on his game.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I agree, Bosh may hold more individual records but Carter accomplished more for the team and was a more dominate force on the court. Carter could take over a game at will, Bosh can't do that unless his quarterback is on his game.
                    Come on, how many power forwards have ever been able to do that?

Compared to how many 1s, 2s and 3s?

Carter had consistenly better pieces and a deeper team.

Comment

Who cares? I would say this is more of a compliment to the intensity and passion us Raps/Canadian fans have. Its apparent that Bosh nor VC couldn't handle the pressure in the great white north. This is becoming a staple for the raps franchise, and is it bad? I wouldnt' say so, the rooks we have right now get whats goin down and know how to appeal.

Comment

Copywryter wrote: View Post
                        Come on, how many power forwards have ever been able to do that?

Compared to how many 1s, 2s and 3s?
                        And this helps your argument how?

Copywryter wrote: View Post
                        Carter had consistenly better pieces and a deeper team.
                        Maybe but Colangelo put together a couple squads that had enough talent to make it out of round one. Bosh tended to regress when the pressure was on, Carter tended to elevate when the pressure was on.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                          Is this the new conspiracy theory? That he faked the severity Jamison elbow so he's have more of a reason to bail on TO?

That's pretty ridiculous.
                          Roy came back from arthroscopic surgery after a week to play in round 1, Paul came back and played long after the Hornets had been eliminated from the playoffs, Kobe could get hit with a truck and play later that night. Bosh got his face smashed and abandoned the team.

As the supposed leader and 'emotional center' isn't that fairly cowardly?

What was the severity of the injury, did anyone find out? Could he have played with a mask, could he have played if the raptors made the playoffs. None of these questions were really asked or answered.

I'm not saying he should have saddled up and played the next night, but he handled that as poorly as anyone could have imagined and clearly put his own self interests ahead of the team he was still playing for.

Champion level leader? I wouldn't let him lead a troop of boy scouts for fear of him getting some poison ivy and helicoptering out of the woods.

Comment

wow enough with this villian stuff its a player who left his team because the nba is a business rather then a league.....if theyre were to be a blame on anybody its BC by not reacting on thing sooner when our return-potental was at its highest

Comment

Sekou had to put something out there on the bosh situation

Comment

Working...
                              X