2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    I always wanted Demar to be put at 3 since he can't play SG (ie shoot) but IDK about Davis playing C...
    You don't need to be a 3-point threat to be called a Shooting Guard ...

And Ed Davis is just as tall as Kendrick Perkins and Serge Ibaka. All listed at 6'10". All he needs is a bit of weight.

Comment

• Knight at SG would be tantalizing
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• OR

Burks
        Knight
        Derozen
        Davis
        Gasol

You're probably saying to yourself "I think ceez has Burks and Knights' positions mixed up" to which I reply, no. That'd be a pretty great backcourt defensively.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'm not sure how we get burks exactly (trade Calderon? Bayless?) but that'd be so, so hot.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• We might be called the new Timberwolves for a while but I promise it would work
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Enes Kanter

What you guys think is he worthy of a potential #3 pick by the raptors?
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5kAZL0Q3ic
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• bballnut27 wrote: View Post
                First off I hope this doesn't get moved to the Who should we draft sticky becuase i dont think it is about drafting Walker as much as it is about our possible future. If the mods disagree than feel free to move it.

What do people think of drafting Walker, trying him out at PG for a season. If that doesn't work than we can dedicate the season to bulking Derozan up, move him to the 3 and move Walker to the two. Then we can draft Kabongo or another strong pg next season. If he does work at PG then we have a future PG and can put Derozan at the 2 or 3 depending on who we then decide to draft, or add by free agency. We try Walker at 1 and derozan at 2, see how well they play together, and give them a fre odd minutes at 2 and 3. Ease their way in if that is the direction we want to go.

What do you guys think about this?

Kabongo
                Walker
                Derozan
                Amir
                Davis

We have three solid wing players and two solid big guys in the back. We can run, score, rebound and play defence.
                Would you guys be willing to take a risk on Walker if something like this were to happen?

How many times do people have to reply to posts like this by saying "No. Davis should never be played as a center. His frame does not allow him to bulk up enough to defend the position on a night-in and night-out basis. JO was asked to put on weight to play the C and it destroyed his knees."
                Welp, that sucked.

Comment

• I heard if we draft him Apollo said he'd buy us all wings and beer at the draft party
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I know this will get moved to the main draft thread....and that sucks because you have to sort out 500 posts to read about certain players.

He looks to have a good outside shot that will open the game up for him. He does lack some of that "NBA athleticism", but we have seen many guys show that it is not needed to succeed in the league, Charles Oakley made a career out of not getting of the ground, and Kevin Love put up a crazy season to win MIP.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                      I know this will get moved to the main draft thread....and that sucks because you have to sort out 500 posts to read about certain players.

He looks to have a good outside shot that will open the game up for him. He does lack some of that "NBA athleticism", but we have seen many guys show that it is not needed to succeed in the league, Charles Oakley made a career out of not getting of the ground, and Kevin Love put up a crazy season to win MIP.
                      I see him running the floor and scoring on a fast break as well as rebounding and dunking. For a kid 18 years old who still growing and is already a true big I agree his athleticism doesn't look like a problem.

Comment

• Read an article about Tristan Thompson being a possibility for the raptors at the 3rd pick ? do you guy think that is a possibility or is it pure speculation?

"Tristan Thompson has a legitimate shot to be drafted by the Raptors at number three overall and would provide the Raptors with another gritty, hard-nosed defender."

Source: http://www.raptorsdigest.com/is-tris...three-overall/
                        Last edited by pesterm1; Wed Apr 27, 2011, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Ive really warmed up to the ida of drafting kanter ( aslong as his knees are in good shape). he seems like he good be a really great player.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                            Read an article about Tristan Thompson being a possibility for the raptors at the 3rd pick ? do you guy think that is a possibility or is it pure speculation?

"Tristan Thompson has a legitimate shot to be drafted by the Raptors at number three overall and would provide the Raptors with another gritty, hard-nosed defender."

Source: http://www.raptorsdigest.com/is-tris...three-overall/
                            No way he goes top 3 to us, we have solid young power forwards on the team and he is not clearly the best player available.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Ed davis is the starting center next season

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                                Ed davis is the starting center next season
                                +1

Comment

Working...
                                X