Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Arse, that quote sums it up for me.

Not to mention his contract is actually only guaranteed for $5Mish.
    And buy-outs CAN be negotiated. Just because he's owed a certain amount on his contract, the buy-out can be negotiated to any price really. I guess Camby will be very flexible!
    What if no team wants him after we buy him out? Does that mean he's out of a job and should retire?

Comment

Buyouts don't count against the cap. Waiving him would.
      Buyouts still count against the cap

Comment

I would be surprised if Ujiri agrees to a buyout. There are been rumors that Ujiri is unwilling to use the amnesty on Kleiza because he views it as a waste of an asset. I don't see this situation any differently. Buying him out does nothing for the Raptors. I think he will either be traded this summer or held on until the trade deadline where he basically will function as an expiring contract.
        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

I guess he's still mad at the raptors for trading him for oak. Alonzo 2.0. I expected more from him, I thought he would be gracious enough to play a player-assistant coach type of role like juwan howard, since his career started here. maybe he could mentor jonas defensively.

at least we still have novak, who's happy to be here, and is guaranteed to be of use. ship this bums ass outta here for 2nd round picks. we don't need him.

Comment

Good subheader: No Canada!

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
              I guess he's still mad at the raptors for trading him for oak. Alonzo 2.0. I expected more from him, I thought he would be gracious enough to play a player-assistant coach type of role like juwan howard, since his career started here. maybe he could mentor jonas defensively.

at least we still have novak, who's happy to be here, and is guaranteed to be of use. ship this bums ass outta here for 2nd round picks. we don't need him.
              Novak suuucks so hard! Guy can drill an open 3 9/10 times. That's it.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                I would be surprised if Ujiri agrees to a buyout. There are been rumors that Ujiri is unwilling to use the amnesty on Kleiza because he views it as a waste of an asset. I don't see this situation any differently. Buying him out does nothing for the Raptors. I think he will either be traded this summer or held on until the trade deadline where he basically will function as an expiring contract.
                Also, we could fine him and save some money for rogers if he doesn't want to suiting up

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  You know, in some ways this trade is reminiscent of the Vince Carter trade. Some serviceable players coming to Toronto, picks and a former star big man who has no intentions of suiting up:

Source: NY Post

How are you going to feel if they buyout Camby, who is owed $7.6M?
                  Next year is just $1M guaranteed.... so owed $5.3.

Raps have leverage:

1) try to find trade,

2) save money on buyout,

3) tell him to be a good soldier and they'll trade him before deadline OR release him by March 1st so he can join playoff team.

If he doesn't like these options, he can give up money or sit at home suspended without pay (still counts on Raps books though).

Comment

Buyouts don't count against the cap. Waiving him would.
                    Waiving counts full contract against cap.

Buy outs count against cap for whatever the buyout amount is.

Comment

It's bad timing for Camby to think this way, because the Raptors are heading into a season that won't matter a whole lot. We're not exactly in a desperate situation where a guy like Camby holding out on us would be something that hangs a dark cloud over the team.

The other part of this is that he's not exactly at a point in his career where you think OH GAWD I WISH H3 WERE PLAYING 4 US, and the reality is there probably aren't that many "contending" desperate for his services either.

On the other hand do you really want someone with this kind of attitude mentoring JV? I don't. Send him to Olajuwon's camp if you want him to learn.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                        It's bad timing for Camby to think this way, because the Raptors are heading into a season that won't matter a whole lot. We're not exactly in a desperate situation where a guy like Camby holding out on us would be something that hangs a dark cloud over the team.

The other part of this is that he's not exactly at a point in his career where you think OH GAWD I WISH H3 WERE PLAYING 4 US, and the reality is there probably aren't that many "contending" desperate for his services either.

On the other hand do you really want someone with this kind of attitude mentoring JV? I don't. Send him to Olajuwon's camp if you want him to learn.
                        Or just spend the summer working with Sabonis once Summer League is over.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Or just spend the summer working with Sabonis once Summer League is over.
                          Sure, if you think that would be useful. I'd rather him just watch Sabonis tape. Sabonis isn't doing too much these days, while Olajuwon has devoted his time to teaching young big men. There's something to be said about learning from an expert vs learning from an expert who has spent the last 7 years training others. Of course I take it all back if Sabonis has been doing the same thing.. I didn't find any evidence of this.

Edit: I meant for the NBA. I'm sure Sabonis is helping out with the Lithuanian team or something like that (as opposed to sitting at home and watching tv all day).
                          Last edited by ebrian; Sat Jul 6, 2013, 08:09 AM.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                            Sure, if you think that would be useful. I'd rather him just watch Sabonis tape. Sabonis isn't doing too much these days, while Olajuwon has devoted his time to teaching young big men. There's something to be said about learning from an expert vs learning from an expert who has spent the last 7 years training others. Of course I take it all back if Sabonis has been doing the same thing.. I didn't find any evidence of this.

Edit: I meant for the NBA. I'm sure Sabonis is helping out with the Lithuanian team or something like that (as opposed to sitting at home and watching tv all day).

I think you are over valuing Hakeem's sessions with others and undervaluing Sabonis' knowledge.

Sabonis works very closely with the Lithuanian national team and JV.

Comment

Maybe you mean amnesty does not count but that doesn't apply to him, obviously it counts against the cap or teams would use it to get out of contracts all the time, what are you smoking?
                              Change the name...Give this city and this country something we can be PROUD of... something we can EMBRACE... something that REPRESENTS us... Please MLSE any name except Raptors...anything, please?

Comment

If we can buy him out for 1 mill or less I say do it. He's not worth the 3-4 mill that we'd have to pay him. In talent or cap space.
                                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X