No announcement yet.

Barg gots to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's been said a million times before but it's just so damn frustrating to watch him play. I have no idea why teams don't pick up on the fact that he's a lazy defender. He's very one-dimensional on offense and always has been...if he has a bad shooting night he has a bad game because he can't do anything else consistently! Gosh, I cringe every time someone falls for his pump fake...
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
      I know it's been said a million times before but it's just so damn frustrating to watch him play. I have no idea why teams don't pick up on the fact that he's a lazy defender. He's very one-dimensional on offense and always has been...if he has a bad shooting night he has a bad game because he can't do anything else consistently! Gosh, I cringe every time someone falls for his pump fake...
      i feel the exact same way man

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        With all this talk about players being held accountable, I am dissapointed more in Dwayne Casey for having such a long leash on Bargnani while keeping someone who is hungrier like Ed Davis on a much shorter leash.

The coach has to be accountable for this.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          With all this talk about players being held accountable, I am dissapointed more in Dwayne Casey for having such a long leash on Bargnani while keeping someone who is hungrier like Ed Davis on a much shorter leash.

The coach has to be accountable for this.
          I'm not sure how hungry ED is as his motor is often inconsistent, in my opinion.

With that said, I definitely think it has to be frustrating for ED as a teammate of Bargnani's. Casey is calling him out ("Make your minutes count vs. counting your minutes") and being told that effort and defense is what is needed from him, yet look at AB. That is the type of 'c-word' I am talking about. There is a glaring double standard in Toronto and it is a great way to poison team moral when one player is held to a different (and lower) set of standards.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I'm not sure how hungry ED is as his motor is often inconsistent, in my opinion.

With that said, I definitely think it has to be frustrating for ED as a teammate of Bargnani's. Casey is calling him out ("Make your minutes count vs. counting your minutes") and being told that effort and defense is what is needed from him, yet look at AB. That is the type of 'c-word' I am talking about. There is a glaring double standard in Toronto and it is a great way to poison team moral when one player is held to a different (and lower) set of standards.
            I know Bargs is arguably the most "talented" player on the team but no one really believes he's putting that talent to it's best use. That has to really bug Ed, but he's also gotta get past this on again/off again play. I've heard he and DD are tight and DD is a gym rat but I just don't get the feeling ED is as hard a worker. Maybe he is but inconsistency is often a sign of a poor work ethic but maybe it's a mental thing with him getting discouraged by working hard and watching AB coast through 25 minutes of a 30 minute workload.
            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

I want Ed to be our future PF. Screw Bargnani

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                I want Ed to be our future PF. Screw Bargnani
                I really like Davis, but the problem I see with him starting instead of Bargnani, is that he and Valanciuncas would clog the paint so much that DeRozan/Lowry would have no lanes to penetrate. Plus, the entire opposition defense could sag in from the 3pt line, since there wouldn't be a long-range threat on the court, unless DeRozan becomes the primary ball-handler (as if) and Lowry camps out behind the arc.

Despite his extremely sluggish (being polite) start, Bargnani does a lot for his teammates that isn't captured on the stat sheet. He's still enough of an offensive threat that the opponents gameplan to stop him. When he plays outside it draws out one of the opposition's 2 best interior defenders and, simply by spreading the floor, he creates more lanes for DeRozan/Lowry to penetrate and for Fields to run around looking for backdoor cuts. When he draws double-teams, which he still does despite his inefficient scoring so far, he also opens up teammates for open looks. I also see him and DeRozan developing an on-court chemistry that wasn't there last season, especially with Bargnani's ability to set picks on DeRozan's defender as he's receiving the ball, giving him separation to either spot-up or make his initial move to get to the basket.

I just think Bargnani is a better fit with the starting unit than Davis is, as long as Valanciunas is the starting C and the offense is dependent on DeRozan/Lowry being able to penetrate consistently.
                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Nov 20, 2012, 05:10 PM.

Comment

DeRozan seems to have an ok 3pt shot. Its just not amazing, I'm sure fields will come back with a much better shot and lowry is lights out from deep. I'd say its a pretty good lineup, Ed just need to polish up his post up game and mid range jumper

Comment

Ed is more of a pivot, JV is more of a mobile PnR type, they compliment eachother in my opinion!
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Ed is more of a pivot, JV is more of a mobile PnR type, they compliment eachother in my opinion!
                      need someone to drop that elbow jumper or further or they will be in each others way i think.

Comment

Ed's jumper looks as ugly as last year's. The only difference is he releases it on the left side of his head. We need a four who can hit enough mid-range jumpers that defenses will respect. I don't see that from Ed although he might develop that.

All I know is, him being buried on the bench to make way for Bargnani's chucking won't help him nor the team.
                        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

the problem with these two together is there is zero bulk. Even some of the bigger 3s in the league will be able to bully ball them out the way.
                          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

A Lakers Fan proposed this on a redditt page:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6qjvont

Jose + Bargnani

For

Gasol + Steve Blake

What does everyone think?

Comment

A Lakers Fan proposed this on a redditt page:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6qjvont

Jose + Bargnani

For

Gasol + Steve Blake

What does everyone think?

In an earlier post i was for this deal or morris in place of blake. Today i read that pau has tendinitis in both legs and if thats true at 32 i don't want. Love blake amd would love a healthy pau.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                                the problem with these two together is there is zero bulk. Even some of the bigger 3s in the league will be able to bully ball them out the way.
                                0 bulk for now, they are 20 and 23 respectively. JV is gonna bulk up just fine, and Ed HAS been bulking up since his rookie season. He isn't ZBO thick, but he has a thickness to him with an incredibly quick hop, its what allows him to rebound the way he does.

Comment

Working...
                                X