No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think they just got sick of people saying...hey "why can't we sign so and so at such and such a price".
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      Boston has soooooo many assets right now
      They're gonna make a big offer for Love now and it's gonna be hard for Minny to turn down (barring Cleveland offering Wiggins or something).

Comment

• Team up with LBJ? Would also allow them to ditch Waiters and ship him out for more frontcourt help.

Comment

• Things might finally be heating up
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• The Cavs No. 1 option is using the nearly $24MM in cap flexibility the deal creates to chase LeBron, but if not, they’ll reportedly go after second-tier free agents, with Trevor Ariza apparently among their targets.
            http://www.hoopsrumors.com/

CLE receives a futures 2nd rounder from Boston
            Myself (March 2014):
            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• EDIT: Apparently I was late on the Broussard tweet..

I wonder what implications this has for getting Lebron.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post

Team up with LBJ? Would also allow them to ditch Waiters and ship him out for more frontcourt help.
                Irving is still a pylon on defense but with this Blatt guy coaching and a return of James with Allen in tow, makes this an instant second round playoff team

Comment

• Miami has explored the possibility of sending Mario Chalmers out in a sign-and-trade to add more talent, sources tell Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders
                  Who would trade talent for Mario Chalmers
                  Myself (March 2014):
                  The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Why couldn't we be Boston in this trade? 1st round pick, and good players.... literally for nothing.
                    We did. Only earlier. John Salmons expiring for a better SG in Lou Williams and a prospect in Nogueria who has more upside than Tyler Zeller. We didn't get a draft choice but this is why the GM's wait and take advantage of situations. IF and its still an IF at this stage LBJ goes home to Cleveland their draft pick is going to be in the mid to high 20's.

All in all I like our deal with Atlanta to create in year cap space better.
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jul 9, 2014, 11:14 AM.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                      http://www.hoopsrumors.com/

CLE receives a futures 2nd rounder from Boston
                      Yup it's probably heavily protected. It was likely only added because Boston has to trade SOMETHING for an actual trade to happen. This might mean they didn't use the TPE.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        Irving is still a pylon on defense but with this Blatt guy coaching and a return of James with Allen in tow, makes this an instant second round playoff team
                        I would say they could easily get to the finals. Lebron alone could will them.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                          Who would trade talent for Mario Chalmers
                          Superb defender, create steals, shoots lights out from 3.

I wouldn't give up jack for him, but a team that needs a solid backup PG might send help at another position.

Comment

• If LBJ is indeed going to the Cavs that 1st to Boston is going to be towards the bottom in all likelihood. Clev needs another big though with Zeller gone and Varejao being injury prone.

Comment

• Cavs with LBJ are going to the finals at least. Let's not be naive here. Who in the East is going to beat that team? MAYBE Chicago with Melo added and a healthy Rose.

Comment

• If Bron goes to Cleveland I hope Wiggins gets shipped. I don't think he would develop well in James shadow

Comment

Working...
                                X