No announcement yet.

The Dark Knight Rises Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True that. But, Bruce Willis doesn't have to pack on the pounds to play a cop.

Also, at 57. I doubt he does his own stunts, if he ever did.

Plus, Bruce makes a living off of action movies. I mean he doesn't do a whole lot outside of that genre.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

people seriously liked Norton's hulk over Ruffalo?
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Yeah I thought Ruffalo was solid, liked his more than Nortons.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          people seriously liked Norton's hulk over Ruffalo?
          Red and White wrote: View Post
          Yeah I thought Ruffalo was solid, liked his more than Nortons.
          i think norton is a better actor than ruffalo, we can argue over who is a better banner when ruffalo carries a whole hulk movie alone, and the writers try to show the depth of character. i have a feeling that they might just stick with banner in charge of the hulk and then half way through the movie he loses control and hulk breaks some stuff and ruffalo has to regain charge of the hulk.

but for cgi i thought that nortons hulk was awesome. he was ripped to shit and pure emotion. he clearly was not in control or understanding of anything. screaming at the thunder. he was a pure rage monster. the story arc they gave is that banner has now been the hulk for who knows how many years and the hulk is starting to understand things but in the comics the only time the hulk isn't a rage monster was when banners brain was in control of the actual hulk.

i like rage monster hulk. no one control rage monster hulk.

Comment

Ya, ruffalo was good in what he had as banner. But, untilhe gets the film. You can't say much to back up your statements.

I liked Norton. He was always trying to control from becoming the Hulk. But, he knew he couldn't deep down and so he just tried avoiding emotional situations. I though it was great.

It was like a sequel to Ang Lee's. But, way better.

Word on the web is that Ben Affleck is front runner to direct the justice league film. Which means he'll likely have a role in it as well. Which made me think he'd reprise his "Daredevil" role. But, Datedevil belongs to Marvel, not DC. So, he'd be an avenger.

Personally, Affleck's work as director, while small is impressive. "Gone Baby Gone" and "The Town" were great.

Plus, his work as Daredevil. He seems like the man for the Job.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

i hope affleck doesn't play daredevil again. the script and director of the first one played a big role in it's suckiness but so did it's lead man. god that movie sucked. daredevil, electra, cat woman and the newest of the punisher movies were so so bad. afleck is a smart guy from what i can gather from good will hunting.

i want to see who plays wonder woman and marsian manhunter. i hope they spend the money on cgi to make the manhunters powers look wicked and real.

Comment

Affleck can really suck at times. Daredevil was good though. Well received as well garnering 3 out of 5 stars. I'll agree all the rest were hogwash.

The only reason Elektra was made was because of the uber sexiness of Jennifer Garner as her In Daredevil, same with why Hathaway will get a catwoman spin.

Comment

Also, as I said Daredevil is Avengers not JL.

Comment

Daredevil was one of the worst movies ever
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                      Affleck can really suck at times. Daredevil was good though. Well received as well garnering 3 out of 5 stars. I'll agree all the rest were hogwash.

The only reason Elektra was made was because of the uber sexiness of Jennifer Garner as her In Daredevil, same with why Hathaway will get a catwoman spin.
                      ceez wrote: View Post
                      Daredevil was one of the worst movies ever

after lbf' defense i went and watched it again. garner is super sexy with the dirty blond hair, green/blue eyes and tits out to everywhere. the first 25 minutes of that movie are god awful and then it gets somewhat watchable. but you can clearly see how much they loved that stupid rope/pulling for flying kicks, backflips and shit. forgot favrau is in the movie, you'd think the director would have asked some suggestions.

people weren't as angry with kingpin being black as they were with spiderman and nick fury, strange that.

daredevil is still one of the worst to me. catwoman, electra, newest punisher, daredevil. i will give it 4th worst
                      Last edited by Miekenstien; Sun Aug 12, 2012, 01:18 AM.

Comment

I was young when I saw it and i haven't seen it since it's release so daredevil might be shit now.

But, I still remember Garner being hot as shit. She might have been my first movie crush.

Daredevil is 6th worst on your list, though. You forget "Hulk" and "Batman & Robin".

Favreau has been top notch with both Iron Man films. He's just actin in the third one though. Guess, he wasn't up for it.

Swingers was a top notch comedy. But, gosh I wish he had of said no to "Couples Retreat". I realize vince vaughn is his bf, but, that movie was a stinker.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                          I was young when I saw it and i haven't seen it since it's release so daredevil might be shit now.

But, I still remember Garner being hot as shit. She might have been my first movie crush.

Daredevil is 6th worst on your list, though. You forget "Hulk" and "Batman & Robin".

Favreau has been top notch with both Iron Man films. He's just actin in the third one though. Guess, he wasn't up for it.

Swingers was a top notch comedy. But, gosh I wish he had of said no to "Couples Retreat". I realize vince vaughn is his bf, but, that movie was a stinker.
                          didn't mind the first hulk, while he was a hulk. so that bit of cool put it up for me. i did forget the second ghost rider movie though. ouch that one hurts the eyes. i think that if you took the worst batman movie and put it in a fight with the greatest superhero movie not batman that the batman movie would somehow win the fight and earn a draw against the better batman films.

Comment

What would that be "spider-man 2" or "the avengers"?

Comment

spiderman 2 was pretty wicked but avengers has been the funnest movie out for a while. i am pretty partial to thor though. i really liked the second punisher movie with travolta. x-2 is also a really good one. liked wolverine killing the swat team. superman 2 pretty wicked.

Comment

Iron Man was great. Iron Man 2 might have been better.

Comment

Working...
                                X