2006-2007 over again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006-2007 over again?

Don't know about you guys but I think the win against the pacers can be a turning point. If I remember correctly we started off 2-7 and ended winning the atlantic. Besides the okc game, the raptors have been very competitive and I think adding another scorer to this roster can really make the raps a top four spot in the east.
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

I think we're much better than our record shows, but imo it's not scoring where we've been hurting it's at the defensive end. If we played defense like we did last season we could easily be at .500 or better. We were one of the best teams last season at not letting teams score in the paint, but this year we're one of the worst teams in the league in that stat.

I had mentioned in previous threads that Bargnani being injured last season may have made our defense look better than it was because we had either Ed or Amir starting in his place. Now that AB is back to starting at the PF our D is looking like it did when Triano was coaching.

Comment

The 2006-07 Atlantic Division standings:

Toronto: 47-35
      New Jersey: 41-41
      Philadelphia: 35-47
      New York: 23-49
      Boston: 24-58

There's no way in hell all 4 teams fail to finish above .500 this year....making it difficult for the Raptors to repeat the miracle.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        I think we're much better than our record shows, but imo it's not scoring where we've been hurting it's at the defensive end. If we played defense like we did last season we could easily be at .500 or better. We were one of the best teams last season at not letting teams score in the paint, but this year we're one of the worst teams in the league in that stat.

I had mentioned in previous threads that Bargnani being injured last season may have made our defense look better than it was because we had either Ed or Amir starting in his place. Now that AB is back to starting at the PF our D is looking like it did when Triano was coaching.

The stats last year say otherwise do some research this has been discussed several times already.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
          [/B]

The stats last year say otherwise do some research this has been discussed several times already.
          Actually the stats say exactly what Mediumcore posted. The Raps were approx 2 pts per 100 possessions worse with Bargnani than without, which would have moved Toronto into the low to mid 20s in defense rating.

The stats have always said this, people just seem to forget he missed half a season.

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
            Don't know about you guys but I think the win against the pacers can be a turning point. If I remember correctly we started off 2-7 and ended winning the atlantic. Besides the okc game, the raptors have been very competitive and I think adding another scorer to this roster can really make the raps a top four spot in the east.
            We are much better than people think, however the coaching choices need to be tightened up and the Refs need to start respecting our team before that can happen in my opinion.

Comment

The team was much worse overall last year without Bargs, even if the defense was better with him injured, that said 37% FG won't cut it and without his offense he is useless... If he had scored with better efficiency and more we would be a .500 team this year

Comment

Although I have been as frustrated as everyone else with his general lethargy, AB is not the reason we are losing. In fact, in a couple of th elosses, we probably should have looked more for him. Once he leaves the floor initially, we always seem to forget about him and then bitch when he gets cold.

Also, he does appear to be playing (for the most part) good defence this year (but his defensive IQ is just not that high).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  The 2006-07 Atlantic Division standings:

Toronto: 47-35
                  New Jersey: 41-41
                  Philadelphia: 35-47
                  New York: 23-49
                  Boston: 24-58

There's no way in hell all 4 teams fail to finish above .500 this year....making it difficult for the Raptors to repeat the miracle.
                  flip this around, including the records, and this is how it may finish

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                    We are much better than people think, however the coaching choices need to be tightened up and the Refs need to start respecting our team before that can happen in my opinion.
                    never going to happen. The nba is about ratings and we don't appeal to the american market. I realized this a few years ago hen the nba, tnt and espn screwed us out of the 8th place spot so they can have a d.rose/lebron playoff matchup.
                    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

wtfraps wrote: View Post
                      flip this around, including the records, and this is how it may finish
                      I was gonna say the same, though I'd flip BK and Philly.

I wish I shared the same view as you knickz, but I don't unfortunately. Too much going wrong too early, and it's gonna put us in a serious hole that will be near impossible to climb out of. I'd just like to have everybody(Lowry/Fields) back, healthy and playing on the same page. Kleiza is playing well but he likes to chuck it a bit too much IMO, though he may be asked to given the roster that's out there lately. Sticking with my 34-37 wins prediction based on the fact that injuries are inevitable!

If we can survive this road swing(11 of 14 or whatever) around .500 ball I may change my pitch up.

Comment

Working...
                      X