• Show
Clear All

• should be a great offseason
    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      So who's taking Bruno?

Time to start dissecting the landing spot of each pick.
      Lol My dog that I just got in February I named Bruno. So it's kinda weird to hear people using the name.
      I'm really quite curious to see if/where he gets drafted.

Comment

So who's taking Bruno?

Time to start dissecting the landing spot of each pick.
        I'd say he's 2 years away from being 2 years away from being ready to play in our dynasty league.

Comment

• I'm gonna take Wiggins and Parker in the draft. You guys can have everyone else, doesn't matter to me.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
            I'd say he's 2 years away from being 2 years away from being ready to play in our dynasty league.
            He is looking like a high risk high reward at 14 - lol

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              He is looking like a high risk high reward at 14 - lol
              That's what I was thinking. Anyone interested in trading into the Top 7? Send me your offers!

Comment

• Crazy thought of day time:

Can we do sign and trades?

For example, I have Isaiah Thomas. Lets say someone wants to trade for him. What if I used one of my 2 re-sign free agents, signed him to a 3 year deal, and traded him to another team?

Obviously the team receiving and me receiving would have to make sure we do not go over the year cap of 40.

What do you think?

BTW, insert me with Isaiah Thomas to anyone who has a free agent they are eligible to resign. Underline is key obviously.

Comment

Crazy thought of day time:

Can we do sign and trades?

For example, I have Isaiah Thomas. Lets say someone wants to trade for him. What if I used one of my 2 re-sign free agents, signed him to a 3 year deal, and traded him to another team?

Obviously the team receiving and me receiving would have to make sure we do not go over the year cap of 40.

What do you think?

BTW, insert me with Isaiah Thomas to anyone who has a free agent they are eligible to resign. Underline is key obviously.
                  I see no reason why not. Seems pretty cut and dry. Sign your man. And then trade him. We have no set time period with which that player must remain with the team, from what I know, so I say heck ya!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    I see no reason why not. Seems pretty cut and dry. Sign your man. And then trade him. We have no set time period with which that player must remain with the team, from what I know, so I say heck ya!
                    I think the two keys are:

1) cap rules must be adhered to
                    2) counts as 1 of 2 resigns.

Comment

I think the two keys are:

1) cap rules must be adhered to
                      2) counts as 1 of 2 resigns.
                      Based on most peoples cap space, can't see #1 being an issue.

Here's a potential quandary for your thoughts. What about draft and stash? Say you draft a player who isn't currently in the league (examples from this draft would be Saric, and Bogdanovic); you own their rights but they aren't on your cap sheet or use one of your roster spots (they would need to be listed down in the cap hits section or something as zero. You can carry the forward as long as they aren't in the NBA but if they are coming over (say Mirtoc or whatever the guy for the Bulls name is) then you have to use one of your re-signs to bring them in. It's a risk cause if you are planning your expiring deals to pairs of very good players, then suddenly this guy can be forced upon you by real NBA actions, or you choose to forfeit their rights and they simply enter the FA auction.

Complicated yet seems to fit the parameters of dynasty.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Based on most peoples cap space, can't see #1 being an issue.

Here's a potential quandary for your thoughts. What about draft and stash? Say you draft a player who isn't currently in the league (examples from this draft would be Saric, and Bogdanovic); you own their rights but they aren't on your cap sheet or use one of your roster spots (they would need to be listed down in the cap hits section or something as zero. You can carry the forward as long as they aren't in the NBA but if they are coming over (say Mirtoc or whatever the guy for the Bulls name is) then you have to use one of your re-signs to bring them in. It's a risk cause if you are planning your expiring deals to pairs of very good players, then suddenly this guy can be forced upon you by real NBA actions, or you choose to forfeit their rights and they simply enter the FA auction.

Complicated yet seems to fit the parameters of dynasty.
                        I don't see why not.

I personally wouldn't do it but whatever! lol

You'd be burning 2 assets for an indefinite period of time: the draft pick and later a resigning.

Comment

I don't see why not.

I personally wouldn't do it but whatever! lol

You'd be burning 2 assets for an indefinite period of time: the draft pick and later a resigning.
                          But for someone with 2 draft picks, taking a player who would be a top 10 pick if he were coming over immediately but falls due to overseas commitment; landing a future player with high potential might be better than another draft pick taken at the end of the lottery or later. Plus the draft rights could be a trade sweetener.

I also don't consider resign slot really an asset. It's a function to be performed with great consideration but it isn't something you can accumulate or improve on (which is what I would call an asset).

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Upon hearing LeBron's announcement, the first thing I thought of is how the subsequent fallout moves would affect my dynasty players.

RR Dynasty > NBA

Comment

Upon hearing LeBron's announcement, the first thing I thought of is how the subsequent fallout moves would affect my dynasty players.

RR Dynasty > NBA
                              Hahaha it is better, and I pay more attention to it than the NBA as a whole these days.

Comment

• I hope everyone is doing their draft scouting through the draft process, free agency happenings, and now summer league.

August 1st picks are due via personal message to mcHAPPY (aka Matt52).

No pick received means forfeited pick.

Remember to send your list of players in order of preference. If you're picking 7th, send me your top 7 players.

Comment

Working...
                                X