X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's a good thing you're not running the team
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

anyways, of the players listed i picked henson. i don't see him contributing in the pros any time soon. he's thinner than biyombo.

if you take recent comments from Casey as word, specifically that he wanted players with "motor" because its a "important nba skill" that takes a few players off the draft board, namely Barnes, PJ3 Drummond, J-Lamb and Terrence Jones.

That leaves the big board (im going with obvious, i don't actually know what their board looks like) as:

Davis
      MKG
      Beal
      Robinson
      Sullinger
      Lillard
      Rivers

as players most likely in our drafting range. I left off good players like Zeller, Leonard and Moultrie simply because they'd be playing the same position as big Val.

Of those guys, i don't see Robinson. I liked him coming into the tourney but he didn't do anything for me during it. Yes they overachieved and got further than anyone thought they would, but Robinson was a detriment at times more than anything. Sullinger is just too small and doesn't have the strength of a Al Jefferson to really be a factor offensively. His motor is a little questionable as well. That leaves Davis, MKG, Beal, Lillard and Rivers. I left out Marshall because he's just a little too slow. I think he'll be a good PG in the pros but nothing sensational.

Basically, i think everyone should start reading up on Lillard and Rivers. If we end up drafting 5-9 they're probably what we're looking at.

From Casey's recent comments though, i wouldn't be shocked if BC trades up for MKG or Beal. I'd be pretty pleased if we did, actually, even if it means throwing in our 2013 pick.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think the only position they should stay away from is pf.

Even center I'd be fine with. I might be a bit uneasy about it at first, but...
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

i like Beal or MGK...we badly need both of those types of players

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            You're going to be pissed if we draft the consensus best player in the draft????? Now, I know Raptors fans, or fans in general, tend to overvalue or get easily confused, but isn't Anthony Davis right now better than Amir and Ed? And isn't he the only guy in the draft so far that scouts have pegged as a potential franchise centrepiece, which we always complain about not having these days?
            I get the whole "not another PF" thing, but really, if he could be a top 10 players within 2-3 years, why wouldn't you? We don't have one of those now, and one thing this poll makes clear is no one believes another player fits that bill. People like me hate on Barnes for his weak college career, or MKG for his offense (though I'd like to point out Barnes struggled quite a bit to create his own shot too). Beal with his size. Lamb with his laziness. Drummond looks like he could be the next Kwame Brown type pick....

Maybe I don't particularly want Davis, but if we get the #1 pick and don't draft him, then I will actually think that the people running the team are completely delusional.
            LOL. No one is dumb enough to be pissed off to draft Anthony Davis..
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Anyone who's not named Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Anthony Davis......

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                pretty sure that one was sarcasm
                You were the only one.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Jared Sullinger wears dresses. No thanks.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                    Jared Sullinger wears dresses. No thanks.

It does look better on him than it would on me ...

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                      It does look better on him than it would on me ...
                      Plus, Dennis Rodman wore dresses

Comment

Sullinger is my boy. He's gonna make a lot of people eat their words. I want no part of Jones III, Robinson or Henson or Zeller (the last three because we have a log jam at the 4 and 5 positions)

Comment

yeah I'm gonna be pissed if we draft the consensus number 1 guy... come on people
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

although if we pick 1st I would understand if we drafted MKG
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              although if we pick 1st I would understand if we drafted MKG
                              No that would be just stupid in my opinion. Anthony Davis is a potential superstar. The drop off in talent from him to number 2 (most likely MKG) is a huge one.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                                Sullinger is my boy. He's gonna make a lot of people eat their words. I want no part of Jones III, Robinson or Henson or Zeller (the last three because we have a log jam at the 4 and 5 positions)
                                For me it's the other way around. Pj3 will make a lot of people eat their words. Did you see what happened to sullinger when they faced Kansas? Robinson totally outplayed him, sullinger has trouble scoring and defending taller guys and it's only going to get worse in the nba.

Comment

Working...
                                X