X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jarrett Jack Wants Out?

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1018004

If this is true, its further proof that CB4 won't be coming back but could show some merit to the rumours of Mo Williams to Toronto.

Excuse my french, but all these players who signed contracts and ask for trades can go fuck themselves. If you sign a BUSINESS CONTRACT to provide services for X number of years at Y Million Dollars per year, then you either provide those services for X years or sit at home and be willing not to accept your pay check.

Now, I'm not saying Jack asked for a trade, but if he did, I lump him with all the other unprofessional players that do so (whether it be publicly or privately). I don't care if the situation with the team is no longer in their best interests. If that's the case, they should have asked for a 1 year contract so they can re-evaluate how they feel afterwards.

If you sign a 4-5 year contract for "job security", then you accept the fact that you're in it for the long haul, whether you like it or not.

Comment

Of course, I always trust the sources of people who write on realGM forums

Comment

Any player that wants out of any team should be willing to forego the rest of the contract and walk away without the rest of the money. Used to be that players were happy just to be in the league, now they want to pick where they play also.
        Why is the NBA the only league that has so many of these sort of situations? Is it because of the low number of ppl on the rosters, the fact that 1 person can make a huge difference or is it cuz nowadays players make so much money that they think they're above everyone else ?

Comment

RikkJames wrote: View Post
          Any player that wants out of any team should be willing to forego the rest of the contract and walk away without the rest of the money. Used to be that players were happy just to be in the league, now they want to pick where they play also.
          Your missing one important point: the team has to allow the player to leave that contract as well. Using your idea, players who had their stocks rise after one year would simply leave their team and their contract and sign big money elsewhere (or again with the same team). Contracts provide security for both the player and the franchise.

Imagine LeBron James signing a 5 year max contract with the Knicks, playing for one year, walking away from the contract, and then signing with the Nets. Not exactly good for business.

Comment

I don't see why a player shouldn't be allowed to ask for a trade. GM's trade players all the time without the players blessing, forcing a guy to pick up and move to a new situation and possibly even a new country. If I was forced to go work in and acid mine, I'd probably be ask t get moved somewhere else too. My problem with these situation is that it should never get to the point where the media knows about your desire to be moved. Just go tell the GM and let him work it out for you. Jack is ok, but I will not be super upset to see him go as long as it's for something good.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
              Your missing one important point: the team has to allow the player to leave that contract as well. Using your idea, players who had their stocks rise after one year would simply leave their team and their contract and sign big money elsewhere (or again with the same team). Contracts provide security for both the player and the franchise.

Imagine LeBron James signing a 5 year max contract with the Knicks, playing for one year, walking away from the contract, and then signing with the Nets. Not exactly good for business.
              Ur right, I had tunnel vision thinking of the Hedo situation.

Comment

If this is true, then we better close the doors of this franchise and ship it down south.

Comment

wow. everything is going downhill

Comment

I think Toronto needs to play a little hard ball with these guys, like the Pacers did with Tinsley.

Comment

IMO i think alot of this has to do with Jay Triano as the head coach... players just don't want to play for an unproven coach that doesnt really have a system. His decisions are all inconsistent and questionable, Hedo wants ball...so Hedo gets ball leaving the PGs to stand around, which is what JJ must be thinking about and want no part of it again. Jack goes from starter to bench when the whole starting 5 was doing crap as a way to shake up the starting 5? Jay isnt respected enough from the players, once the first big losing streak starts next season, PJ will be taking over ( as planned? ).
                      We need to kidnap or clone Jerry Sloan.

Comment

The forum mod there just stated about the guy who posted it:

Malcolm has a remarkably long and storied history of spreading false rumours. Treat this with the same respect you would the word of a man wearing a loaf of white bread as a hat.
                        So who cares...all it said was that JJ was thinking of asking for a trade out of Toronto, which is a pretty lame rumour to begin with.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Stay away from the rumour mill(s); it'll fry your brain.
                          Eric Smith's Blog

Some rumors interest me but not those from random unidentified people on some other message board. Guys, come on now, really? Has anyone in here heard the radio program he's talking about to validate if he actually heard a rumor from another guy who didn't name a source?...Ugh...

Comment

Working...
                          X