Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is BC trying to Surround Bargs with athletic Players ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    You can't hide a big man who's a defensive liability. You can try and make up for it, but it will always be exploited at the worst time, especially in the playoffs. It's great if people want to keep Bargnani and try to utilize his strengths, but a team where he plays a large role will always be at a disadvantage in the playoffs. And I"m not fine with that.
    That sums it right there and neither am i.

Comment

You can't hide a big man who's a defensive liability. You can try and make up for it, but it will always be exploited at the worst time, especially in the playoffs. It's great if people want to keep Bargnani and try to utilize his strengths, but a team where he plays a large role will always be at a disadvantage in the playoffs. And I"m not fine with that.
      Trying to surround him with athletic players? Do bears shit in the forest? You can mask it but you can't hide it. Running ISO plays like Bogut on him cannot be hidden. Last night, Rose attacked Calderon and nearly took the game away from us. Adding two or three athletic bodies cannot mask the deficiency. NBA coaches are much smarter than that. They tried the Reggie experiment and it bombed badly as they were playing 4 on 5 in the offensive zone. BBall is a team sport and the better team will always find the weak links and exploit it.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        Trying to surround him with athletic players? Do bears shit in the forest? You can mask it but you can't hide it. Running ISO plays like Bogut on him cannot be hidden. Last night, Rose attacked Calderon and nearly took the game away from us. Adding two or three athletic bodies cannot mask the deficiency. NBA coaches are much smarter than that. They tried the Reggie experiment and it bombed badly as they were playing 4 on 5 in the offensive zone. BBall is a team sport and the better team will always find the weak links and exploit it.
        7-9 is an experiment that bombed? That was record when Reggie went down.

Comment

What if Davis becomes a Ben Wallace/Al Horford hybrid? Davis in time might be able to defend the C.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            What if Davis becomes a Ben Wallace/Al Horford hybrid? Davis in time might be able to defend the C.
            WOuld Bargnani still be on the team? It has nothing to do with whether or not Bargnani plays center or PF. If Bargnani is on the floor, he will be exploited.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

WOuld Bargnani still be on the team? It has nothing to do with whether or not Bargnani plays center or PF. If Bargnani is on the floor, he will be exploited.
              James Johnson will yell at him in the locker room to play defence and if he doesn't he'll go Bruce lee on his ass.

Comment

Bargnani is an above average one-on-one defender. He wouldn't be bad in iso situations. He just can't play help defense to save his life.

Comment

dballa21 wrote: View Post
                  Bargnani is an above average one-on-one defender. He wouldn't be bad in iso situations. He just can't play help defense to save his life.
                  True, he just stands there half the time.

Comment

Jose stated that he made sure to run pick and roll plays for whoever Kyle Korver was guarding....every team has a weak link that if you have the right personal can be exploited. Bargs was left to defend Bogut with single coverage, no one even showed a double team, don't blame that on him, that is coaching or players not doing the right thing.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
                      He better not be building around Bargnani, but trying to implement useful players in this team "system"... *shudders*.

Bargs is looking like an UN-injured version of Kieth Van Horn, without the terrible experience of dealing with Stephon Marbury. Basically someone who is over 6'10" and shoots jumpers and scores 20pts a game. I'll accept it. He sucks at rebounding and another player must get the rebound, but it would help if Bargs "tried" to get a rebound or "box out".

There is never any player in the league that can carry a team full of D-League scrubs and win a playoff series. Michael Jordan couldn't do it alone either.

You need to hope the Raptors can develop two or more All-Stars down the road through draft and development. Not one-time All-Stars, I'm talking about 4 to 5 time All-Stars when playing on the Raptors.

I laughed. And I was not alone.
                      “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Seriously Matt, do you honestly feel that our record would be that much better with Reggie in the lineup everyday? I mean 13 rebounds a game for 30 minutes of PT is supposed to last all season long? He was just a ball grabber. I'm not hating but opponents leave him open or give him space only to lose his dribble was the way to play Reggie. Our turnovers were getting really ugly at one point. I know it's been a while but I never forget. Reggie's paint defence wasn't stellar either. And when paired with Bargs, it was simply porous defence at best.

And correction, the Raps had a 6-10 record. The last loss was the loss in Boston, Nov. 26 (110-101).
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
                          He better not be building around Bargnani, but trying to implement useful players in this team "system"... *shudders*.

Bargs is looking like an UN-injured version of Kieth Van Horn, without the terrible experience of dealing with Stephon Marbury. Basically someone who is over 6'10" and shoots jumpers and scores 20pts a game. I'll accept it. He sucks at rebounding and another player must get the rebound, but it would help if Bargs "tried" to get a rebound or "box out".

There is never any player in the league that can carry a team full of D-League scrubs and win a playoff series. Michael Jordan couldn't do it alone either.

You need to hope the Raptors can develop two or more All-Stars down the road through draft and development. Not one-time All-Stars, I'm talking about 4 to 5 time All-Stars when playing on the Raptors.
                          When will people give up on the "he plays centre so he needs to have a ton of rebounds"? Is he that terrible? Looking at his uber-comparison, bargnani gets 5.6RPG and Nowitzki gets 6.6...one whole rebound more..for $17 million dollars a year...one whole rebound more. Defense? That may be another story, but give up the rebound thing already.

Comment

True dat.
                            “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

dballa21 wrote: View Post
                              No. No, he's not.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                                Seriously Matt, do you honestly feel that our record would be that much better with Reggie in the lineup everyday? I mean 13 rebounds a game for 30 minutes of PT is supposed to last all season long? He was just a ball grabber. I'm not hating but opponents leave him open or give him space only to lose his dribble was the way to play Reggie. Our turnovers were getting really ugly at one point. I know it's been a while but I never forget. Reggie's paint defence wasn't stellar either. And when paired with Bargs, it was simply porous defence at best.

And correction, the Raps had a 6-10 record. The last loss was the loss in Boston, Nov. 26 (110-101).
                                Complete disagreement.

Comment

Working...
                                X