Josh Hamilton "The Lord Told Me I Was Going To Hit That Home Run."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Hamilton "The Lord Told Me I Was Going To Hit That Home Run."

I'm getting really sick of this bullshit about the lord told me this and helped me do this from athletes. Whether you are a believer or non-believer, this statement from Josh Hamilton just wants to make you go up to him, punch him in the head and tell him to STFU.

I would tell y’all something, but y’all wouldn’t believe me. The Lord told me it was going to happen before it happened. He said, ”You hadn’t hit a home run in a while. You’re about to right now.”
    Gee, Josh. Did he tell you to swing the bat hard too?

http://blogs.thescore.com/mlb/2011/1...josh-hamilton/

This is a great article that helps explain how I feel.

Now besides the fact that you beleive in God, jesus and all that or whether you don't.

This random wish fulfillment shit has got to stop.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

irony

LBF wrote: View Post
    Whether you are a believer or non-believer
    So he cant thank the lord as a believer, but you can rant on about being a non-believer?

Kind of a double standard , no?

Comment

SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
      So he cant thank the lord as a believer, but you can rant on about being a non-believer?

Kind of a double standard , no?
      did you read that article i linked to or did you just skim through the first thing you could pick a fight out of?

no, you know what not even going to get started there. read the article
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I personally think the mass media has been waging war on Religion for a while now. Someone, somewhere is pushing their agenda but whatever. At the end of the day there needs to be a level of respect and tolerance in other people's beliefs. Whether you are a believer or non-believer.

Dustin Parkes sounds like a sad little man. He just needs to shut the hell up if all he can do is put a guy down for being comfortable in his beliefs. Josh Hamilton did not say anything offensive. Let him be. Parkes basically said "I respect Josh Hamilton for blah, blah, blah but I just hope no one minds me disrespecting him." Right. If you're going to be ballsy enough to write something like this then go all in, otherwise you sound weak. What about Religion is "reasonable" if you don't believe? This article is poorly thought out.

Comment

Im sorry but claiming some psychic insight is definitely up for scrutiny, especially as a public figure.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

He didn't say he was psychic. He said he was given a message that he would hit the homer. For all we know it could have been mere intuition and he interpreted it as a message. Just what are you going to scrutinize? His sanity? 53% of the world believes in the Abrahamic religions. All those scriptures are laced with visions and encounters with spirits, demons, angelic beings, beings from other worlds, God, Lucifer, etc. You're in the minority. Dustin Parkes is in the minority. Guys pray to God all the time before football games and baseball games, that's "ok". Dustin Parkes is basically saying it's a bunch of nonsense but he's ok with guys talking to the wall as long as they don't get anything back. Right.

Comment

It's nice to see the good guys win every once in a while. The fact that anyone can be angry about that little comment is embarrassing. We're NBA fans. We can tolerate immensely high levels of stupidity and it's usually infused with selfishness and arrogance. We've got a problem with this?
              .. And unlike most of the stupidity we deal with in Toronto, this guy actually delivered

Comment

he had a meeting with the lord apollo. thats reserved for moses and the such, and any claim that god himself spoke to him should be investigated the same way we investigate ufo sightings. back in the day, you get killed by the state for any blasphemist talk...
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  he had a meeting with the lord apollo. thats reserved for moses and the such
                  Can you forward me the rule book because I read the Bible and I don't remember seeing it in there.

any claim that god himself spoke to him should be investigated the same way we investigate ufo sightings.
                  How are they investigated?

back in the day, you get killed by the state for any blasphemist talk...
                  How is it blasphemy to say you experienced something that's at the very core of your belief system?

Comment

if he wants to believe that snuffalufagus talked to him... that's his business.. religious kooks have been around about as long as FOREVER. organized crazy is nothing new.

if you dont like what he has to say... treat it like a lap dancer's "rules".... ignore them.

Comment

Why is it crazy? At one point in time you were a complete nut job to think the world was anything but flat. It would seem that humanity has been driven for sometime now in believing nothing you cannot see with your own two eyes or that was not told to you as being true by someone of high power. Science hardly has any answers to anything. I respect the belief of those who feel that they're simply meat bags waiting to die and rot but I do not share it. There are many doctors and scientist who do not a share it. There are many eye witnessed accounts of happenings which support the idea that this material world is only one part of life. Those accounts span from ancient societies right up to now. Over many different religions and cultures. You'd be surprised at how many respected people in today's society have had experiences which have led them to believe in something after this material world.

And there is no need to mock people because they don't believe in the meaningless meat bag theory like you do.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        How are they investigated?
                        1. Receive report.
                        2. Collect data.
                        3. Build empirical model.
                        4. ??
                        5. Profit!!!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Why is it crazy? At one point in time you were a complete nut job to think the world was anything but flat. It would seem that humanity has been driven for sometime now in believing nothing you cannot see with your own two eyes or that was not told to you as being true by someone of high power. Science hardly has any answers to anything. I respect the belief of those who feel that they're simply meat bags waiting to die and rot but I do not share it. There are many doctors and scientist who do not a share it. There are many eye witnessed accounts of happenings which support the idea that this material world is only one part of life. Those accounts span from ancient societies right up to now. Over many different religions and cultures. You'd be surprised at how many respected people in today's society have had experiences which have led them to believe in something after this material world.

And there is no need to mock people because they don't believe in the meaningless meat bag theory like you do.
                          hey, im not putting it down.. im not an athiest. but belief in an imaginary being is crazy. i'm cool with that.

i do have a problem with organized religion... where dogma and rules override belief and ideas. people need to get a grip on themselves, stop and realize that they believe in an imaginary being whose existence can't be proved or disproved at all..

the way i see it... if you're religious and vocal, good for you... if you're preachy, go f#$& yourself. i can hallucinate an abstract ethereal apparition all on my own..

that being said... im perfectly fine with hamilton saying god told him he was going to hit a home run.. either he did speak to him (which cant be proved or disproved), or he has a really powerful imagination (which isn't a bad thing either)

as long as he doesnt take the hardcore right wing christian approach of being anti-gay or anything else bordering on hate... let him be however he wants to be

as long as you're not a douchebag about... all power to you

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                            hey, im not putting it down.. im not an athiest. but belief in an imaginary being is crazy. i'm cool with that.
                            It is no doubt crazy to believe in something imaginary. Now if you could please prove there is no such thing as a divine creator we'd be rolling. Thanks.

i do have a problem with organized religion... where dogma and rules override belief and ideas.
                            That's society Heinz. "Freedom" is the imaginary entity. Science fits your statement just as well as Christianity too by the way. You go against the mainstream dogma and you get ridiculed. Especially if you're a professional. Then they release the figurative hound to assassinate your character, integrity and overall public image.

people need to get a grip on themselves, stop and realize that they believe in an imaginary being whose existence can't be proved or disproved at all..
                            If it can't be disproved then how can you call it imaginary? What you're saying fails logic.

the way i see it... if you're religious and vocal, good for you... if you're preachy, go f#$& yourself. i can hallucinate an abstract ethereal apparition all on my own..
                            I agree that people should not be preachy and condescending. Bible thumpers who butt into other people's business are not being respectful. I think most people who believe in a God are respectful. I think those who are preachy are a small minority. I think, based on my own life experiences, the group that tends to be most disrespectful of others' beliefs are the atheists. From my experiences with atheists they generally feel they are more intelligent than anyone who would believe in some sort of divine being. They also seem far, far, far more likely to unload on anyone who doesn't believe the meat bag theory even though there is even less to support such a belief. But whatever, I'm not going to lose any sleep about some people who are that sensitive and defensive that they need to lash out. I feel, whatever you believe in, that's up to you and I'm not going to assault you because I don't share the belief. I might ask questions to try and understand it though.

that being said... im perfectly fine with hamilton saying god told him he was going to hit a home run.. either he did speak to him (which cant be proved or disproved), or he has a really powerful imagination (which isn't a bad thing either)
                            I agree with you 100%. The man is entitled to his own beliefs and opinions. People who don't like this system should move to China, Iran or North Korea to name a few.

as long as he doesnt take the hardcore right wing christian approach of being anti-gay or anything else bordering on hate... let him be however he wants to be
                            I agree, although if he did want to say something hateful he's certainly entitled to do so. I'm glad he didn't though because I'd feel like a pretty big ass if he had said something like that, I missed it, and defended him not knowing that he was a tool.

Comment

the only time i'd ever be against somebody being vocal about their religion is when their religion makes them a douchebag.

god is an abstract construct. if it wasn't, everyone would agree on one religion. but what people should take away from religion is the same for all of them... there are certain ways to be that make you a decent person.. there are certain ways to be that make you a dick.. don't be a dick.

it's pretty simple. stealing is bad, don't do it. if you do it, you're a dick.

i'm sure the bible/koran/etc etc say as much... in different words... but basically what i said

but the minute you use religion as a soapbox to hate.... go f$%$ yourself. you missed the point, and you're the dick.

but ya... bottomline, hamilton ain't being a dick about it... so whatever... let him say whatever

Comment

Working...
                              X