No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do outlets keep thinking we need ANOTHER big man in the game? the roster may not be comparable by any means but drafting yet another forward/center will get the raptors no where.

BRING ON KEMBA and make some trades!

Comment

• BPA at #5 will be Kemba after kanter,williams,Irving and Knight are off the board

Comment

• Man...I still can't believe Cleveland won the fucking draft with the Clippers' pick. That's some serious bullshit.

Of all the teams that don't deserve such a gift, it's Cleveland. You might say they got screwed because of Lebron. And they did, to a degree, I suppose. But...I mean seriously...look who they expected him to win a championship with: Joey Graham, Anthony Parker, Jamario Flipping Moon? Castoffs from the Raptors!

Comment

• Next year we will have the coolest cripple there. Our cripple will be able to break dance and dunk.

Maybe even a little blind homless asian girl with a speech impediment.
          Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Wed May 18, 2011, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• HuskyRaptor wrote: View Post
            BPA at #5 will be Kemba after kanter,williams,Irving and Knight are off the board
            really? knight over the national champion.

i'm thinking kemba is going third after williams and irving and then kanter which leaves us with knight and the rest.

in that specific order.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
              really? knight over the national champion.

i'm thinking kemba is going third after williams and irving and then kanter which leaves us with knight and the rest.

in that specific order.
              FYI, the current consensus has it as Irving, Williams, Kanter, Walker, & THEN us with Knight. I'm torn between settling for him, or trading down to get another rotation player in addition to drafting Fredette at 14, for his shot & his scoring. Jimmer may be a little more ready to play on the NBA court than Brandon. And for BC, time IS of the essence ...

Comment

• but, is it your consensus is what I would like to know?
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Draftexpress has him at 8th, these guys are used to seeing hype and lovefests, and they are not biting (yet)... Chad Ford loved Gerrald Green if I recall, he seems to buy into the hype as much as us fans.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                    but, is it your consensus is what I would like to know?
                    http://www.nba.com/bobcats/11_mock_drafts.html reviews 11 different sites & is compiled & updated by the Bobcats ...

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      I just don't see Knight having much upside at all. Kanter (if available), Valanciunas, Vesely, Biyombo and Leonard all have much more upside, in my opinion. Knight has the physical tools, but for the PG position, I think that's not nearly as important. I think Bayless is probably a better prospect. He's got just as many physical tools as Knight, but as a better personality for a PG.
                      I could see that argument being made for A. Bradley and thus far you have been right on with that one. but B. Knight has plenty of upside and is more 1 than combo guard.

He was a highly touted recruit coming out of H.S. and the one year at Kentucky didn't diminish his stock other than the fact that he needs to make much better decisions as most young pg's have to. He does have upside though. Not sure how Bayless is a better prospect when Bayless is not a pg. He's a 2 guard in a pg's body. Knight is a pg.

Comment

• Boko wrote: View Post
                        http://www.nba.com/bobcats/11_mock_drafts.html reviews 11 different sites & is compiled & updated by the Bobcats ...
                        That was b4 the draft lottery a lot has changed.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
                          I could see that argument being made for A. Bradley and thus far you have been right on with that one. but B. Knight has plenty of upside and is more 1 than combo guard.

He was a highly touted recruit coming out of H.S. and the one year at Kentucky didn't diminish his stock other than the fact that he needs to make much better decisions as most young pg's have to. He does have upside though. Not sure how Bayless is a better prospect when Bayless is not a pg. He's a 2 guard in a pg's body. Knight is a pg.
                          Knight is more of a PG than Bradley, for sure. And I don't think he's got the bust potential that Avery did, but there are certain red flags that scare me off of PGs, and Knight has too many of them for me to be comfortable picking him. The one thing I disagree with is that Knight is a PG, currently. He hasn't shown the ability to run an offense, and in fact struggled when asked to do that at the beginning of the year. He makes poor decisions, which is probably not something you want from your PG, and he turns the ball over a lot without getting a lot of assists.

And by the way, Bradley was the highest ranked player coming out of college.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            That was b4 the draft lottery a lot has changed.
                            Right. It hasn't even been 24 hours since the lottery took place. The Bobcats care most about getting the update out there for us schmucks ... sheesh ...

Comment

• What are Knights "red flags" exactly?
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Do we draft Knight or Fredette or offer RFAs Felton or Sessions a contract this summer?

Comment

Working...
                                X