No announcement yet.

Tmac and Vince on OTR - TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would probably have Alvin William's jersey retired.

Im not sure what the criteria is, but his 11 years as a player and his continued service to the Raps front office, IMO, warrants his jersey retired.

For hardcore Raptors fans, Alvin William's name is quite legendary

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
      that's easy... there's only one raptor alum deserving of getting their jersey hung up in the rafters...

Primoz Brezec.

/end conversation
      No no, it's Bargnani when he retires a Raptor in 2021 after having been a Raptor for 15 years and being the Raptors alltime leader in rebounds by a landslide (he is in 5th place at the moment).

Comment

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=379584

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          they were with us for a couple years and got us to the playoffs twice. Who in their right mind would retire they're jersey's. If they had won us a championship then maybe. Speaking of retiring jersey's when Jose retires do you guys think we should retire his jersey, he's always been loyal to this team and is probably the best PG we have had(so far...).
          I'm as big a Calderon fan as anyone, but there's no way I'd retire his jersey. The only two in the conversation should be Vince and Bosh.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

DeMar will probably end up being the all time leading scorer for the raps. If he stays a raptor for most of his career his jersey will most likely be retired.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
              This would actually be a good thread, Which past Raps players' jerseys would you want retired and not?

Wanna start it props?
              Sure i'll start it

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                This!
                you know when he edits his post it just ends up making you look dumb and not him.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  they were with us for a couple years and got us to the playoffs twice. Who in their right mind would retire they're jersey's. If they had won us a championship then maybe. Speaking of retiring jersey's when Jose retires do you guys think we should retire his jersey, he's always been loyal to this team and is probably the best PG we have had(so far...).
                  oh, well you're at it.

why don't we just go ahead and retire that of Camby,Stoudamire,Bosh,Ford, Mo-Pete,JYD,hell even Zan Tabak.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

I think Carter 100% deserves some sort of Recognition for what he did as an Ambassador for the Sport in the Canada.

Whether thats a Jersey in the Rafter I don't care. He deserves something though. In my opinion anyway.
                    And as a lifelong VC fan, I will admit to being severely biased. I will love Vince til the day I die. (No homo)

Comment

Simple Question: VC gets into the hall, you still not going to retire his jersey?

He's scored over 20,000 career points and every man that's done that previous is in the hall.

After all this time, I think the basketball reference profile picture says it all

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...cartevi01.html

Roberto Alomar physically spits on an umpire and gets his jersey retired as well as getting into the hall.

well, Vince Carter may have virtually spit on this franchise. Get the fuck over it! as all of baseball did for Alomar's sake.

You's should do for Vince. Now ofcourse we're going to get that bullshit argument that alomar won championships and blah blah blah...

Ignore that fact and tell me why you wouldn't move on and honur a man who deserves to be honoured.
                      Last edited by LBF; Fri Nov 4, 2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        Simple Question: VC gets into the hall, you still not going to retire his jersey?

He's scored over 20,000 career points and every man that's done that previous is in the hall.

After all this time, I think the basketball reference profile picture says it all

Roberto Alomar physically spits on an umpire and gets his jersey retired as well as getting into the hall.

well, Vince Carter may have virtually spit on this franchise. Get the fuck over it! as all of baseball did for Alomar's sake.

You's should do for Vince. Now ofcourse we're going to get that bullshit argument that alomar won championships and blah blah blah...

Ignore that fact and tell me why you wouldn't move on and honur a man who deserves to be honoured.

Carter quit on the franchise. His actions in leaving the franchise caused considerable harm both on the court and with the perception of the only non-American franchise. He got by on his natural abilities and never put the work in to truly achieve greatness - whether in Toronto or elsewhere.

I have a big problem with retiring a jersey and ignoring the aforementioned.

I could do a VC bobble head night or a VC fan appreciation night but not much else.

I don't think great popularity, dunk contest championships, and three trips to the playoffs with one series win deserves a jersey retirement.

I am biased because I don't like the guy but I really am trying to be objective in this post.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

Wow. I thought I'd be the only one arguing this side ... Thanks for the backup LBF!! haha

Completely agree.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Wow. I thought I'd be the only one arguing this side ... Thanks for the backup LBF!! haha

Completely agree.
                            i agree too... as much as i hate VC... if forced to pick one player in raptors history to date, and retire their jersey... there is nobody else

if not a retired jersey... there should be some kind of memorial for him... he was the first big name raptor

something like "the Vince Carter Memorial Women's Washroom"

Comment

There's no obligation to honour VC just because he played for Toronto for 6 seasons and was the most productive player they've had so far. He gave up on Toronto; I wouldn't honour him here, either. If he goes into the Hall on the merit of scoring 20k points, that's fine -- just put him in there as a Net or something.

The NBA Hall of Fame can do whatever they want. The Toronto Raptors, on the other hand, were undoubtedly wronged by Vince Carter, so the team should feel no need to shower him with roses now. If there are jerseys to hang in the rafters, they should go to players of exemplary character and dedication to the team, not just on-court production (Alvin, Calderon, guys like that -- and I'm not suggesting they SHOULD be honoured, just that they should be honoured long before a guy like VC). That's how I feel, anyway, and I imagine most other long-suffering TO fans feel the same.

It's not petty. It's a matter of opinion re: what's worthy of honour and what's not.
                              Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                                i agree too... as much as i hate VC... if forced to pick one player in raptors history to date, and retire their jersey... there is nobody else

if not a retired jersey... there should be some kind of memorial for him... he was the first big name raptor

something like "the Vince Carter Memorial Women's Washroom"
                                "the Vince Carter Memorial Tampon Dispenser"
                                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X