Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bargnani to Lakers for Gasol. Other peices involved.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani to Lakers for Gasol. Other peices involved.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/41956

Was on ESPN and came across this. What do you guys think? I think it's crazy actually.

81Jonny
    Can bargnani be a good fit for a contender right now? can a contender team trade for Andrea before deadline?
    16 Minutes Ago

John.HollingerESPN
    He would thrive in a Ryan Anderson type role. Lakers brass is considering shipping Pau and Fisher to Toronto for Bargnani and Calderon. Spurs are interested as well.
    9 Minutes Ago

kobnk2007
    Fisher ain't going anywhere.
    4 Minutes Ago

chadridgeway
    Wow Hollinger replies in the comments sections, sweet! Can you tell me if the Thunder are gonna win the championship?
    4 Minutes Ago

albertan_10
    Why would Toronto make a trade like that? Fisher is washed up and pau is getting old. How does that help their rebuild?
    5 Minutes Ago

Except that he's finally thriving right now in a lead role. If they've stuck with Bargs this long it makes absolutely no sense to move him now. Swapping Calderon for Fisher makes exactly zero sense as well. Joh Hollinger, trolling?

Comment

Bryan Colangelo: Laughs and hangs up the phone.

Comment

Ya, that's not happening. Why would we want/need Pau (who is very soft and coming to mid/end of his career) when we have Jonas coming in next year?

Fisher is a huge downgrade to Calderon.

Comment

malefax wrote: View Post
          Bryan Colangelo: Laughs and hangs up the phone.
          /we hope...

i like hollinger in that he looks at the statistical output from an objective perspective. but i reaaally find him lacking when it comes to REAL basketball & all it's machinations, specifically with things like trade scenarios. this is so silly, it's absurd. and that's coming from me, a bargs hater.
          TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            Ya, that's not happening. Why would we want/need Pau (who is very soft and coming to mid/end of his career) when we have Jonas coming in next year?

because it's a move that would help LA, and that's all that matters?

pau is only 31, so yeah, he's in the middle of his career, and has likely peaked, but he's not done. he just has no value on the raptors. and certainly including jose makes no sense...wouldn't any fake trade rumour be joining the two spaniards, not seeing them traded for each other?

Comment

Bargnani's figure is more cap-friendly for his production. Gasol makes 19 million this season and the next 2 seasons after. No thanks. This trade doesn't even help Toronto.

Comment

Lol thats not the real dude, its a well determined troll who tricked you vybz.
                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post

Gasol earlier in his career was considered soft, but I don't say how you can say that now.

Comment

and then there's this:

'Lee (Indy)

Is that really you replying in the comments section below?

John Hollinger (12:09 PM)

I can't see it right now but I have never, ever commented on any of my stories.'

Comment

If this happened, disappointed would not be the word. I would certainly change my avatar.

Comment

Thread title gave me a anxiety attack
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

funny thing is , I was on that board and I knew right away it was a troll, Vybz tried to troll us too and he did to some.
                          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Rockets are a team with some assets we would actually want that I could see asking about Bargs
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Ain't it funny that after 6 games people are scoffing at swapping the PF-PG combo from an NBA champion for Bargnani-Calderon. Maybe those two don't suck quite so much after all. Bargnani has always had talent, and he has never been a jerk. So it shouldn't be a real surprise that a good coach and the right role would allow him to thrive. Remember, the last couple of years he was asked to play the C position, which plays against his strengths. It's early, but it looks like Casey has figured out who Bargnani is as a player, and how to use him. As for Calderon, he has deficiencies on defence but over the past 3 years his Asst/TO ratio has been well above 4. Dude runs the offence, scores efficiently (0.574 career TS%, in Paul/Kidd/Nash territory) and doesn't squander possessions. An efficient offence that doesn't turn the ball over is important for defensive performance. He would absolutely kill it with the Lakers. Now, if only he could stay healthy...

Comment

Working...
                              X