• Show
Clear All

• Mareese Speights
    Nate Robinson
    Samuel Dalembert
    Myck Kabongo

thoughts?

Comment

• I think it's going to be a quiet off-season in raptorland.

He'll maybe do some minor tweaks. But, I think his most significant move has already happened in trading Bargnani.

They're might be a big move mid-season. But, I think we are going in with the current team as is.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
        I think it's going to be a quiet off-season in raptorland.

He'll maybe do some minor tweaks. But, I think his most significant move has already happened in trading Bargnani.

They're might be a big move mid-season. But, I think we are going in with the current team as is.
        Yes, I tend to agree that we are going in with the same core as last year, but with Ujiri's holding pattern so far this off season I wonder if he's looking for one big trade to move us into a deep-ish playoff run, like say trying to get Rondo, or if he's going trade players for draft picks (other assets) and tank this season. At this time it could go either way, but considering there have been no rumors circulating at all I'm guessing it option 2.

Comment

• Anyone else depressed that our only adds have been Juylan Stone, Steve Novak, and Marcus Camby? Not even sure the Raps will get a PF this year and the PG list is dwindling fast.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• In the short term yes because those add ons hardly point to making a move in our division much less our conference. Novak could be a useful player off the bench if we can hold onto him. Matt Bonner role perhaps.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              In the short term yes because those add ons hardly point to making a move in our division much less our conference. Novak could be a useful player off the bench if we can hold onto him. Matt Bonner role perhaps.
              I agree about Novak, solid role player with an always in demand skill. I am really concerned about the back-up PG spot though. Lowry's injury history and the unproven Stone aren't exactly awe-inspiring. PG signings came fast and furious this weekend and none were even linked to the Raps.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Backup PG, backup PG..... hmmm. Quite difficult to find good ones. Concerning NBA, I don't know many available options, as it's the position I know very little about. Some possible options in Europe http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/22...s_Point_Guards
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  I agree about Novak, solid role player with an always in demand skill. I am really concerned about the back-up PG spot though. Lowry's injury history and the unproven Stone aren't exactly awe-inspiring. PG signings came fast and furious this weekend and none were even linked to the Raps.
                  I would worry about it.

Calathes rights are there in Dallas.

Ridnour and Barea are still looking for a new home.

Billups.

Augustin

Nate RObinson

Mo Williams

Will Bynum

AJ Price

Beno Udrih

Aaron Brooks

Who knows what else is on the trade market.

And I would definitely not worry about the silence. If we don't know what the Raptors are doing chances are most NBA front offices haven't a clue either.
                  Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Jul 8, 2013, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• I could even be happy if we would move along with the current roster. Just give them the second chance to make it real or screw it up and get us high draft pick. This team is actually entertaining to watch despite the fact that they cannot close out games. I'm not against watching this roster for another season, and letting Ujiri create opinion of what assets he currently have.
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• MU made his move, and I guess this is that 'patience' component now

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        Again: we are capped out. We have the basic exceptions everyone has: the MLE, the bi-annual, the veteran minimum. Only the MLE would have covered any of this weekend's PG signings (and not all of them), and if we use the MLE to full extent and then sign a few vets at minimum to bring our roster to full, we'll not only be capped out but in luxury tax.

We are not going to be making big moves for free agents. We are not going to be making even MEDIUM moves for free agents, because any team that really wants a free agent we want can simply offer a little more money (not even a lot more money, just a little) and we're screwed. That is what BC did to this team.

Comment

• its a bit frustrating to see that most of the bottomfeeder teams from last year have been active at the start of free agency to at least do something to improve their roster while the raptors have done nothing (bargnani trade although good was a pure salary dump)

what direction is this team going?

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                            Again: we are capped out. We have the basic exceptions everyone has: the MLE, the bi-annual, the veteran minimum. Only the MLE would have covered any of this weekend's PG signings (and not all of them), and if we use the MLE to full extent and then sign a few vets at minimum to bring our roster to full, we'll not only be capped out but in luxury tax.

We are not going to be making big moves for free agents. We are not going to be making even MEDIUM moves for free agents, because any team that really wants a free agent we want can simply offer a little more money (not even a lot more money, just a little) and we're screwed. That is what BC did to this team.
                            sign and trade?

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                              sign and trade?
                              Doable, but then we're back to a tank/rebuild model because nobody else wants Landry Fields' contract. A sign-and-trade with Toronto means trading one or more of Rudy, Demar, Lowry, TRoss, Amir, or Jonas because those are the only pieces other teams would conceivably want. And if we're doing that, why not just do a proper rebuild instead?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                I would worry about it.

Calathes rights are there in Dallas.

Ridnour and Barea are still looking for a new home.

Billups.

Augustin

Nate RObinson

Mo Williams

Will Bynum

AJ Price

Beno Udrih

Aaron Brooks

Who knows what else is on the trade market.

And I would definitely not worry about the silence. If we don't know what the Raptors are doing chances are most NBA front offices haven't a clue either.
                                My top two choices in bold.....and it's not even close to the rest of the herd. I would be happy with Ridnour for a year as well. I like Barea but I'm not sure what the plan is in getting him.

None of the other guys get me too excited. Mo Williams wants to start. Between limitations of personality and skills, I'm not that big on the other guys. Udrih's a nice fallback if he doesn't have other options.

*I have some minor interest in Price, but I'm not very familiar with his game....which might be why he piques my interest a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X