Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Would You Rank The Toronto Raptors' Young Gunz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is not a marketing scheme of any sort... One of the coaches started calling them the young guns because they are the youngest guys on the team and they showed up every night to work on there game. Let the season unfold, see how this team developes and then judge them. They may not win a lot of games but they want to be here and play entertaining basketball.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
      amir johnson is going to be the biggest disappointment in raps history... he should not be included in any teams plans for the future... unless those plans are to win the lottery

Love the caption.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
        btw, this 'yong gunz' nonsense is getting out of control.

accomplsih something, anything first before dubbing yourself or giving yourself nicknames.

nothing but a marketing scam for BC now that the team is in shambles.
        They (Weems,DD,Amir- Father Jack) didn't create the nickname Young Gunz themselves- Wills Richardson, a Raptor security consultant came up with it: http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...rs-some-sizzle
        Folks have no idea yet talking like they do- get a clue.lol

Comment

You know what, I'm just gonna answer his question. I'm super bored anyways.

Best would undoubtedly go to the OKC trio which scares the shit out of me. They pretty much have a 50 win franchise for the next 10 years, and they were so good last year. And they are still so young...

Then Chicago. Noah and Rose don't even need a third guy pretty much. Noah counts as two.

Memphis, Gay should be there, he's still young.

Indiana, if you include Granger (27) he's not "as" young, but still.

Philly definitely have the worst young trio...

We are somewhere in the middle or bottom... Amir is just HAHA

Comment

amir johnson is going to be the biggest disappointment in raps history... he should not be included in any teams plans for the future... unless those plans are to win the lottery
            hmmm I think the Hakeem siging and the Araujo drafting are much worse. Even if Amir comes off the bench for all contracted years

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

Love the caption.
              hah! beat me to it

Comment

this is what happens when you hire the son of a billionaire. bc's a rich kid who only got a job b/c his dad owned the team.
                BC's very experienced at what he does. 2 time executive of the year (once with the raps if you all forgot).

He's also been a GM in a couple different sports. He didn't just walk into the front office

Comment

Arajuo was on a rookie contract and so did not cost the team as much.
                  I agree with Hakeem, that was really bad signing.

Amir will join the list next summer and we all will be talking about how to trade him and ...

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                    Arajuo was on a rookie contract and so did not cost the team as much.
                    I agree with Hakeem, that was really bad signing.

Amir will join the list next summer and we all will be talking about how to trade him and ...
                    Araujo was a top ten pick who wasn't even rated in the top 20. We drafted him 8th and Igoudala went 9th. Jefferson, Josh Smith all went before the top 20. It's one thing to miss a player in the draft, its another to take a gamble on someone no one else wanted when there is plenty left on the board

I'd say that pick had its cost

Comment

RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
                      Araujo was a top ten pick who wasn't even rated in the top 20. We drafted him 8th and Igoudala went 9th. Jefferson, Josh Smith all went before the top 20. It's one thing to miss a player in the draft, its another to take a gamble on someone no one else wanted when there is plenty left on the board

I'd say that pick had its cost
                      If by cost you mean setting the franchise back 10 years, I agree.

Comment

Hey, I know NOW this is pointless, but anyways. We did get Bosh and not Darko. If the Pistons took Bosh/Melo/Wade the next best player would've been Darko, scary to think about it... But yeah, Araujo was super epic fail.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                          Hey, I know NOW this is pointless, but anyways. We did get Bosh and not Darko. If the Pistons took Bosh/Melo/Wade the next best player would've been Darko, scary to think about it... But yeah, Araujo was super epic fail.
                          Didn't we have fourth pick? James, Wade, Melo or Bosh would've been available, but Grunwald was our GM and Darko was ranked highly so who knows what he would've done

Comment

lol that security guard would be a billionaire by now if he got paid 10 cents everytime someone uses the term "Young Gunz"

Comment

RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
                              hmmm I think the Hakeem siging and the Araujo drafting are much worse. Even if Amir comes off the bench for all contracted years
                              hakeem and araujo werent here for more thana a year or two... when we're in years 3, 4, n 5 of amir johnson just wearing a suit and taking his 6 mill or w/e it will be a an ever worse disappointment.

especially if a new gm comes in gets us to the 1st or 2nd round, and we are a player away from being a contender but cant cuz amir's eating up our cap.

Comment

hakeem and araujo werent here for more thana a year or two... when we're in years 3, 4, n 5 of amir johnson just wearing a suit and taking his 6 mill or w/e it will be a an ever worse disappointment.

especially if a new gm comes in gets us to the 1st or 2nd round, and we are a player away from being a contender but cant cuz amir's eating up our cap.
                                Meh, Amir's contract isn't that bad. He's not an "untradable" asset. Worst case scenario is he is an over paid "energy" guy

Comment

Working...
                                X