Clear All

• New lineup asap

STARTERS:

LOWRY
    DEMAR
    ROSS
    DAVIS
    JV

Im tired of Casey's thought process of starting shit veterans like McGuire. Like it or not, were no making playoffs. Lets get down to it, and start these kids.

#FreeRoss
    #FreeDavis
    #TradeBargnani
    #FireBC

Reverend !!!

Comment

wtfraps wrote: View Post
      STARTERS:

LOWRY
      DEMAR
      ROSS
      DAVIS
      JV

Im tired of Casey's thought process of starting shit veterans like McGuire. Like it or not, were no making playoffs. Lets get down to it, and start these kids.

#FreeRoss
      #FreeDavis
      #TradeBargnani
      #FireBC
      And even if we were in the playoff hunt, I think Ross at 2 and DeMar at 3 gives us the best chance to win. Even when Landry gets back, tighten up the bench to just Calderon-Landry-Davis-Amir. Now we have a team.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

This thread seems to be a good place for new RR members to start posting. Other threads are too scary.

Comment

Ross should definitely be starting. At this point, why not?
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

So everyone wants Bargnani gone (which I do as well), but no one wants him to start or play significant minutes?

How can we expect to get anything decent for him if he does not play? Let him start and play until the trade deadline (when I believe a trade should happen), and then we can commit to ED.

While I think Ross is earning minutes for sure (that one dunk where his foot was near the free throw line was fucking insane), I dont know if we can work him in to start yet. With Demar playing so well at the 2 (specifically posting up the usually smaller 2s), do we really want to move him to the 3? I dont think Ross can play the three. What is the plan here? Sacrificing a facet Demar's game to have a better scoring starting five is worth it?

Comment

What's wrong with Ross coming off the bench? I think it's the best situation for him in his rookie year. Less pressure, gets to play with Jose, etc.

Comment

Michel G wrote: View Post
                What's wrong with Ross coming off the bench? I think it's the best situation for him in his rookie year. Less pressure, gets to play with Jose, etc.
                I agree, no need to start him as long as he can get consistent minutes every game.

What we really need is a starting 3 that can do something, anything. If Landry comes back able to hit a jumper and make a lay-up we will be fine....even with Andrea being Andrea.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I still have no idea why a career journeyman 12th man in McGuire has any business whatsoever in our starting lineup. It's beyond asinine.

The only thing more questionable is deciding to run an ISO post-up for McGuire in the 1st quarter. But that could never happen.....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I still have no idea why a career journeyman 12th man in McGuire has any business whatsoever in our starting lineup. It's beyond asinine.

The only thing more questionable is deciding to run an ISO post-up for McGuire in the 1st quarter. But that could never happen.....

Or if it is not there....give him a re post....now that would never happen.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                      [/B]

Or if it is not there....give him a re post....now that would never happen.
                      Hahaha, wow. I can't believe I forgot about the re-post. Incredible!

Comment

wtfraps wrote: View Post
                        STARTERS:

LOWRY
                        DEMAR
                        ROSS
                        DAVIS
                        JV

#FreeRoss
                        #FreeDavis
                        #TradeBargnani
                        #FireBC

There is no GD way that I would consider starting Ross or ED yet. No way at all. Bargs, Demar and KL are our horses right now whether you like it or not. They have to be given the chance to start the game and get into the flow of the game. IF they are having a rough outing, then sure pull them mid first quarter and see if one of the other guys can get it going. But in no way should our bench players supplant our starters.
                        Welp, that sucked.

Comment

accountability needs to be spread through out the roster..even with the vets.. if there not performing yank them. simple!!! its not just the rookies that need to be earning there minutes!!!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Hahaha, wow. I can't believe I forgot about the re-post. Incredible!
                            They ran as many post plays for McGuire as they did for JV.

As for the lineup, I think you're mostly just shuffling pieces no matter what but I agree with just throwing Ross out there. As ceez said, why not? It's not like the current starting SF is offering anything. Not sure how it could be worse than it already is.
                            Last edited by slaw; Wed Nov 28, 2012, 11:46 AM.

Comment

After sleeping on it I think I found the problem. Casey has too much trust in the depth of this team. He believes he has the luxury of randomly throwing out players 1-10 based on the nights matchup. The fact is players 1-10 are not that talented, and mixing and matching them doesn't allow the best players to develop chemistry with each other. Leading to the debacle yesterday. On top of that he plays rookies limited minutes, even though ross and valanciunas are two of the more talented players.

Casey is being smart, but just seems to have outsmarted himself in assuming we have depth.

Comment

Working...
                              X