• Steps In The Right Direction

Points In The Paint
    2009 Ranking: 16th w/ 42.3 PPG
    2010 Ranking: 4th w/ 45.9 PPG

Fast Break Points

2009 Ranking: 13th w/ 14.8 PPG
    2010 Ranking: 1st w/ 20.3 PPG

Source: TeamRankings.com

May between now and February 24 bring a few more steps and the draft bring a giant leap.

Comment

are those the 09-10 and 10-11 season stats or are those by year Jan-Dec?

Comment

It depends on what stats you want to look at. It is no secret that Triano wants to use his teams quickness and athleticism for fast break points and points in the paint. Unfortunately, its not corresponding in the team being a league leader in FT attempts.

Last time I checked this team was last in the league in 3-points attempted. Also, last year this team was 5th(?) in offensive officiency and this year is 14th. Last year the team was 30th in defensive efficiency and this year we're 29th.

Also, on defense I believe we're still number 1 in points given up in the paint. 1 in opponents field goal percentage. And last in number of blocks.

So defensively not much has changed and our offense has decreased. Since, we changed from a jump shooting to a slashing team.
        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
          are those the 09-10 and 10-11 season stats or are those by year Jan-Dec?
          Definitely by season. Two very key catergories. I'm impressed. Now for the defense.
          Last edited by Joey; Fri Jan 14, 2011, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Points In The Paint
            2009 Ranking: 16th w/ 42.3 PPG
            2010 Ranking: 4th w/ 45.9 PPG

Fast Break Points

2009 Ranking: 13th w/ 14.8 PPG
            2010 Ranking: 1st w/ 20.3 PPG

Source: TeamRankings.com
            Wow, I didn't know that we're 4th in points in the paint. I was always critical of the Rap not being able to get it done inside the paint. The fastbreak points also counts towards the points in the paint btw (well most fastbreak lay-ups that is). Like I've said a million times, the team just needs to shave a few points on what they give up to close to 100 and things should look up.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Many think Bargnani camps at the three, well he doesn't anymore. And it's really good for the Raptors. Plus our wings are attacking the basket a lot better.

Comment

we definetly need a SF that will do a "ariza like" job and we will step up
                Let's go Raptors!

Comment

I would have hoped those offensive stats would translate to more wins. But alas, it seems that unless defence is improved, it doesn't matter how you come by your offence.

Comment

Well, does it not seem we've been blown out a lot less? This team, rebounds, this team plays hard. As this team and Ed Davis, gets bigger and stronger, DeMar gets bigger and stronger and becomes a smarter defneder, and we get a three point shooter on the wing, (we're like one of the worst 3pt shooting teams) we'll make strides. We don't have the talent to compete with the top top teams for titles, but we may have guys peaking and ready to take off, when MIA has to renew or extend those contracts. Boston and Orlando will age, and Amar'e's got a shelf life too. So given where we are now, our future doesn't look bad.

It's actually encouraging to me how little losing Bosh set us back. By not re-signing him, I think we dodged a bullet. A very effeminate bullet.
                    The one and only

Comment

teoserio wrote: View Post
                      we definetly need a SF that will do a "ariza like" job and we will step up
                      There's a reason why he lasted only one season in Houston. Ariza is a chucker. The Raptors play with lots of ball movement and regardless of differences in systems, so too do the Rockets... I think they need a guy like Thabo Sefolosha. He plays strong defense and just blends in and only takes shots when needed.

Comment

wow, amazing stats. if we can keep the same crew together for 2-3 yrs, we could create something pretty special.

Comment

There's a reason why he lasted only one season in Houston. Ariza is a chucker. The Raptors play with lots of ball movement and regardless of differences in systems, so too do the Rockets... I think they need a guy like Thabo Sefolosha. He plays strong defense and just blends in and only takes shots when needed.
                          I've written about this somewhere else. But I think Ariza would fit with the Raptors. He would be maybe the 3rd option on offense, and would be more of a defensive presence and fastbreak guy. Like he was on the Lakers. In Houston he was given too big of a role, and he couldn't handle it. He is a good player, only he is one of those players that shouldn't force anything. He should have tried to learn a thing or two from Battier.

Comment

I don't see him working well next to DeMar. Ariza can't shoot. He's shooting 39% from the field over the last two seasons. Teams would clog the paint and dare those two to hit shots all night. That's bad for Bargnani as well because he's really developed a lot more consistency since he's be getting inside more.

Comment

I don't see him working well next to DeMar. Ariza can't shoot. He's shooting 39% from the field over the last two seasons. Teams would clog the paint and dare those two to hit shots all night. That's bad for Bargnani as well because he's really developed a lot more consistency since he's be getting inside more.
                              True, but we really need a good defensive player. And it would be even better if it was a wing. And we obviously need a good defensive center. I still feel a bit bitter about the Chandler trade, would have been perfect. But then again, I'm happy to have hung on to Jose.

Comment

Working...
                              X