Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is everyone ready for the worst offseason ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Not making the Boozer deal was the blunder of the season..... If he did it asap he porbably could have been in some GM of the year talks but thats probably going to Houston? GSW??? I dont know but BC would have looked like a genius and signed a fat extension after the year is out.

Really makes me wonder whats going through his mind right now? What is his plan for Bargnani? whats he going to do first? nobody knows cause BC is on the borderline of madness and genius.
    Expecting anything in return for Bargs is just foolish. If we trade him, and get little back, please do not be surprised or disappointed. His value is extremely low. The Boozer deal may still be available, but do you think this would be a good idea? He will make 15.3 mil and 16.8 mil over the next two seasons. His production isn't that much greater than Amir's. And Chicago doesn't want him. They signed him, they gave him the contract (via a sign and trade with Utah), and yet they don't want him anymore. Were they short-sighted? Did they plan on putting him on the market before his contract ended? Did they not realize that Boozer's contract would put them into the luxary tax in a few years? They knew what was coming I believe, yet now they want to part ways with him. Obviously, they are not getting out of him what they wanted or expected. They don't see value in his play relative to his cost. So they want to move him. And yet, some of you guys actually think it would be a good idea to pick him up. The Gay acquistion has given the Raps very little wiggle room (or maybe it's the Bargnani, Derozan or Fields contracts), adding Boozer would just make this much much worse going forward. And for what? To make the playoffs next year. Boozer certainly wouldn't elevate the team that significantly. In any event, the current Raps club should be good enough to make the playoffs next year, adding a Boozer won;t make that much of a difference and ultimately screw us financially. Smartest thing BC has done yet is not pulling the trigger on that trade. I want Bargnani out as much as anyone, and I would accept anything in return except another overinflated contract, especially one that exceeds Bargs by 4-5 mil/yr. Adding Boozer, and moving Bargs, would give the Raps a payroll around 70 mil next year, putting us in the top ten team payrolls. Do you think that team would finish in the top ten overall? I doubt it would finish top 5 in the East.

Here's another point. Adding Boozer would give us a legitimate low post scorer, which is something we desperately need. But isn't that the role we want JV to take on? Boozer would only take from JV's touches, and may limit his development as a low post scorer. Personally, I want JV to get as many touches down low as possible, because I think he can be a dominant big guy in a few years. Anyways, leave Boozer where he is is my opinion.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I can't argue with that (in theory). I trust Carter to be a more humble vet than Anderson...Man I want that guy off this team
      Whats wrong with Alan anderson? Alot of people don't seem to like him or his game, what am I missing?

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
        Whats wrong with Alan anderson? Alot of people don't seem to like him or his game, what am I missing?
        he's a slightly above average player with an all-star level chucking rate.

i personally don't dislike him... and only get mildly annoyed by him... but i can see how he's drawn the ire of other fans

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
          he's a slightly above average player with an all-star level chucking rate.

i personally don't dislike him... and only get mildly annoyed by him... but i can see how he's drawn the ire of other fans
          The only times he gets on my nerves are: when he first enters the game and, first time he touches the ball, throws up the contested three (I swear this happens every game); and, when he goes nuts late in games and won't pass the ball to anyone.

I don't mind the guy otherwise. He plays on a crappy team going nowhere and wants to stick in the NBA knowing there are a thousand guys just like him angling for his job. He's out for himself. I get it.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
            Positives:

- I think Rudy Gay is a tremendous talent. He's an all-star caliber talent imo. Shot selection needs to be better though as well as his 3pt shooting.
            - JV is a big time talent. He'll be an all-star one day there's no question in my mind.
            - Ross is still an unknown but i like his skillset alot.
            - Love what i'm seeing from Amir this season. MIP candidate this year and i think he's good enough to be a starting PF in this league. Also, he's only 25 years old.

Negatives:

- Coaching. I don't want to sound like a broken record but the coaching this year has been really bad.
            - Kyle Lowry needs to get his shit together. His decision making on defense and offense needs to be better. Way better. He also needs to be smarter with his selection. His random 3's drives me nuts.
            - DeRozan needs to be more aggressive and assertive on offense. Needs to be TOUGHER, needs to be a better finisher, if he can dunk the ball DUNK IT. His SOFT finger rolls drives me nuts. Needs to develop a 3pt game. This is DeMar's 4th year in the league and to be honest i'm seeing very LITTLE improvement.
            - Bench needs to be more consistent.
            Have to disagree here. While he hasn't become a superstar, he has vastly improved. His jump shot, handle, aggression, ability to absorb contact and free throw shooting/attempts have all improved. I think contracts and corporate chatter give players unrealistic expectations. DeMar is better than I thought he'd be at this point. He gets a lot of respect from defences around the league. The dunk in traffic is also a lot harder than it appears. One small bump and players react with a softer finish as it takes speed and height out of their jump. His 3 point game is slowly developing and with his work ethic should improve over the summer.
            There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

And your point is? Why would we have drafted Drummond? when we had JV coming in as our Center piece (pun intended)
              We drafted based on position need, not talent. That is how we got Rafael Araújo too. Not saying that Ross isn't talented, but hard to tell with the 5 min of PT Casey gives him.

BTW anyone else hold Casey accountable for the reason JV wasn't in the rookie/sophomore game. Lack of playing time.

Comment

robert parrish 00 wrote: View Post
                We drafted based on position need, not talent. That is how we got Rafael Araújo too. Not saying that Ross isn't talented, but hard to tell with the 5 min of PT Casey gives him.

BTW anyone else hold Casey accountable for the reason JV wasn't in the rookie/sophomore game. Lack of playing time.
                It's not Casey...he really isn't known that well around the league. He was also injured prior to selection.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                  It's not Casey...he really isn't known that well around the league. He was also injured prior to selection.
                  Yeah, but word is that Casey's shouting at him in practice has contributed to the hole in the ozone layer, which in turn contributed to JV's injury.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                    The only times he gets on my nerves are: when he first enters the game and, first time he touches the ball, throws up the contested three (I swear this happens every game); and, when he goes nuts late in games and won't pass the ball to anyone.

I don't mind the guy otherwise. He plays on a crappy team going nowhere and wants to stick in the NBA knowing there are a thousand guys just like him angling for his job. He's out for himself. I get it.
                    Its been rather evident that the single greatest way to get minutes, keep your roster spot and get payed within this franchise is to take alot of shots.

Humans are great at adapting to their environment and Alan Anderson is just doing what works. Its Raptor style survival of the fittest.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I'm not giving up hope. Colangelo and Bargnani will be gone this summer.
                      +1

It'll all be fine

Besides, how is last year at this point any worse than this year? At least now we know Bargs will be gone

Comment

I don't think it will be the worst. It will likely be a quiet one with limited flexibility and no 1st rounder.

If the team comes back fully intact, it wont be the apocalypse. Moving Bargnani is definitely a priority, but if it doesn't happen immediately doesn't mean it wont eventually. The Boozer option is still likely on the table.

Bringing in another PG to back-up Lowry is realistically going to be the 'biggest' move the team makes.

BC should go but wont go until into next season at the earliest.

Casey should remain. We can't keep changing coaches every other season and expect results.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          Expecting anything in return for Bargs is just foolish. If we trade him, and get little back, please do not be surprised or disappointed. His value is extremely low. The Boozer deal may still be available, but do you think this would be a good idea? He will make 15.3 mil and 16.8 mil over the next two seasons. His production isn't that much greater than Amir's. And Chicago doesn't want him. They signed him, they gave him the contract (via a sign and trade with Utah), and yet they don't want him anymore. Were they short-sighted? Did they plan on putting him on the market before his contract ended? Did they not realize that Boozer's contract would put them into the luxary tax in a few years? They knew what was coming I believe, yet now they want to part ways with him. Obviously, they are not getting out of him what they wanted or expected. They don't see value in his play relative to his cost. So they want to move him. And yet, some of you guys actually think it would be a good idea to pick him up. The Gay acquistion has given the Raps very little wiggle room (or maybe it's the Bargnani, Derozan or Fields contracts), adding Boozer would just make this much much worse going forward. And for what? To make the playoffs next year. Boozer certainly wouldn't elevate the team that significantly. In any event, the current Raps club should be good enough to make the playoffs next year, adding a Boozer won;t make that much of a difference and ultimately screw us financially. Smartest thing BC has done yet is not pulling the trigger on that trade. I want Bargnani out as much as anyone, and I would accept anything in return except another overinflated contract, especially one that exceeds Bargs by 4-5 mil/yr. Adding Boozer, and moving Bargs, would give the Raps a payroll around 70 mil next year, putting us in the top ten team payrolls. Do you think that team would finish in the top ten overall? I doubt it would finish top 5 in the East.

Here's another point. Adding Boozer would give us a legitimate low post scorer, which is something we desperately need. But isn't that the role we want JV to take on? Boozer would only take from JV's touches, and may limit his development as a low post scorer. Personally, I want JV to get as many touches down low as possible, because I think he can be a dominant big guy in a few years. Anyways, leave Boozer where he is is my opinion.
                          I have a different take on this. Raps desperately want to move ab and bulls seem intent in staying under the cap. The deal would make sense for both teams assuming MLSE willing to pay luxury tax. Boozer has some legitimate concerns but you cannot tell me we would not be much improved with boozer here and ab gone. Come on......

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
                            Have to disagree here. While he hasn't become a superstar, he has vastly improved. His jump shot, handle, aggression, ability to absorb contact and free throw shooting/attempts have all improved. I think contracts and corporate chatter give players unrealistic expectations. DeMar is better than I thought he'd be at this point. He gets a lot of respect from defences around the league. The dunk in traffic is also a lot harder than it appears. One small bump and players react with a softer finish as it takes speed and height out of their jump. His 3 point game is slowly developing and with his work ethic should improve over the summer.
                            He hasn't really improved all that much though. Ofcourse he's passing better than he ever has, and that's a positive.

However, he's still shooting a poor TS% and his USG% hasn't even gone up. He has no 3 point shot and he hasn't improved his ability to get to the free throw line whatsoever. Infact, he's gotten slightly worse in that regard from last year. He's still extremely unimpressive on the glass. Defensively, he has never stood out. Where's the improvement?

It looks like you're cherry picking a game here and a game there where it looks like he's turned the corner. I could have done that last year as well. High volume chuckers like Derozan and Gay are bound to have one good game for every 3 bad games. They get all the touches they want.

Comment

Im a Carter fan its not a troll comment if he can be a Raptor cheap, and Id rather him over AA off the bench. I wouldnt want him in the way of Ross development though. I dont think just having him however would hurt the roster as a whole though hes always ready to play.

But ya I do agree with you over all I just threw that out there to know what people thought about Carter being a Raptor again.
                              I'd say that would be a pretty big distraction, but this club is a circus anyway so I can be convinced.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                                I'd say that would be a pretty big distraction, but this club is a circus anyway so I can be convinced.
                                can say the same about if we had landed Steve Nash lol

Comment

Working...
                                X