Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Picks Available (Update in post #93)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    If you draft a Dmaian Lilard/Irving/Wall/Parker/Burke/Iverson you start them, the talnt skill savvy will speak for itself.

If Raps can nab this pick they should go for it lots of PGs available.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/myck-kabongo

Nice fit right off the bench hes talented also has a "chip on his shoulder" Apparently he will go in the second round but I dont think he will.

Leo Westermann also a guy worth taking a look at pure pass first PG at 6'7 good post moves good midrange game has a floater.
    I like kabongo. I think he was marginalized last year playing with Brown. This year suspension was a joke but he should have told truth from beginning.

His talent is better than a 2nd rd pick IMO.

Comment

Kabongoooo!

Comment

k sharma

Do you think cleveland and dallas will trade their picks? If so i hope toronto jumps in.

Bill Ingram

The Mavs are already shopping their pick as a means of trading Shawn Marion to clear cap space. Not sure about Cleveland. Also not sure Toronto gets much help with the 13th pick from Dallas . . .

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...l-ingram-52613
        I was thinking you could add in a third team: Golden State. They are reportedly one of the teams who had interest in Bargnani.

Something like:

Dallas: Lowry
        Golden State: Bargnani, Marion
        Toronto: #13, Biedrins, Jefferson

Biedrins and Jefferson might have value at trade deadline and if not they have $9.5M in cap space (assuming cap goes up $3M over next 2 years) for 2014 summer. Assuming they spent $11M in previous summer, they would be going in to summer of 2015 with just $30M on the books (JV, TR, DD, QA, '13 pick, '14FA).

Comment

The easiest pick to obtain in the lottery, IMO would be Minnesota's #9. Love is getting unhappier by the minute. Another rookie in the line up is just going to get him madder.

AK47, Ridnour, #9 for Bargnani and DeRozan?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            The easiest pick to obtain in the lottery, IMO would be Minnesota's #9. Love is getting unhappier by the minute. Another rookie in the line up is just going to get him madder.

Supposedly the Wolves are looking for 3pt shooting. Not sure DeRozan fills that need (or Bargnani for that matter).

But I would totally make that trade.

Comment

Where did you hear that Love gets unhappier by the minute?

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                Where did you hear that Love gets unhappier by the minute?
                http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-...s--losing.html

Comment

'That's from a year ago.

Comment

'That's from a year ago.
                    Yes I know.. but the fact that they didn't make the playoffs again a year later would most likely be irritating for him. He may be over the moon happy that they failed to make the playoffs again and are looking at another lottery pick. But chances are he's not happy. Maybe I'm reading the tea leaves wrong, but if your superstar publicly was upset because of his team's win/loss record and if nothing really changed a year later I would think they would still be upset.

But again, maybe Minnesota doesn't care and will just continue to draft rookies. They only have a 2 year window with Love before he bails.

Comment

Yes I know.. but the fact that they didn't make the playoffs again a year later would most likely be irritating for him. He may be over the moon happy that they failed to make the playoffs again and are looking at another lottery pick. But chances are he's not happy. Maybe I'm reading the tea leaves wrong, but if your superstar publicly was upset because of his team's win/loss record and if nothing really changed a year later I would think they would still be upset.

But again, maybe Minnesota doesn't care and will just continue to draft rookies. They only have a 2 year window with Love before he bails.
                      They didn't make the play-offs because Love himself was hurt all year long...

Rubio was hurt almost half the year, Buddinger barely played.

They don't just sign rookies did get him some help by signing Kirilenko (and Shved).

Love might bail and sign with the Lakers after his contract, I don't know, but there is no indication that Love is getting unhappier by the minute if you base it on an article from a year ago. Amongst other things, I heard Love talking about how he hoped they would resign Pekovic (from all I know he's getting along with his teammates pretty well).

Comment

Or maybe you haven't paid attention to Minnesota firing Kahn, the guy Love had a problem with, and Saunders going out of his way to make Love feel wanted now.

Two random things I found quickly doing a search because I remembered seeing some stuff about this since the season ended.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/F...vin_Love051413

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...itting-it-off/

*Edit...Now I have no clue what it means for keeping a pick or not, but it doesn't seem that Love is really unhappy, which is a shame because I was hoping the situation might deteriorate enough for him to be traded...oh well. You could be right, and part of the reason he could be happy now is maybe Saunders promised to shake things up to make sure they would be a winning team now.
                        Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon May 27, 2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

They didn't make the play-offs because Love himself was hurt all year long...

Rubio was hurt almost half the year, Buddinger barely played.

They don't just sign rookies did get him some help by signing Kirilenko (and Shved).

Love might bail and sign with the Lakers after his contract, I don't know, but there is no indication that Love is getting unhappier by the minute if you base it on an article from a year ago. Amongst other things, I heard Love talking about how he hoped they would resign Pekovic (from all I know he's getting along with his teammates pretty well).
                          Fair enough.. perhaps he's not getting more and more upset. They do have a new GM as well which might change Love's stance from last year. But if they lose Pekovic and get a rookie I'm not sure how happy Love is going to be if they will struggle to get into the playoffs in a tough conference next year.

Comment

Oh, but regardless I don't think it makes sense to have Kirilenko on the roster with Gay.

Unless....
                            -You assume new management might also try to trade Gay for another star...??

-Or you assume Kirilenko isn't a long term piece, and will be traded before the end of the season because of his expiring contract...??

Oh, and I would also like to know, just out of curiosity, who you think the Raptors should be targeting with such a pick to also justify why they'd want to do the deal? Maybe 2 or 3 guys who'd be at the top of their board for that pick, and who will also likely not be taken higher?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Oh, but regardless I don't think it makes sense to have Kirilenko on the roster with Gay.

Unless....
                              -You assume new management might also try to trade Gay for another star...??

-Or you assume Kirilenko isn't a long term piece, and will be traded before the end of the season because of his expiring contract...??

Oh, and I would also like to know, just out of curiosity, who you think the Raptors should be targeting with such a pick to also justify why they'd want to do the deal? Maybe 2 or 3 guys who'd be at the top of their board for that pick, and who will also likely not be taken higher?
                              AK47 was simply to help unload Bargnani's contract. Would use him as depth at the 3 once Kleiza gets amnestied. Gay and Kirilenko could both be on the floor at the same time where one plays the 3, and the other the 4. Depends on match ups of course, but a line up of:

Lowry/#9/Ridnour
                              Fields/Ross
                              Gay/Kirilenko
                              Amir/Acy/(Gay or Kirilenko)
                              JV/Gray

For the 9th pick I'd want a PG. Either Burke, Schroeder, or Carter-Williams (in that order). It would also make it easier to trade Lowry now that we'd have a suitable PG (Ridnour) and a rookie that we can develop.

Comment

I'm also not sure why Minnesota wants to add Bargnani. In some ways I can see the appeal, but as long as they have Love, and I assume they also try to retain Pekovic, then it seems strange to get Bargs too.

Though I also feel like Demar for Kirilenko + 9th pick might even work.

Comment

Working...
                                X