Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #58: Washington Wizards 134 - Toronto Raptors 129 (3OT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Dwane Casey cost the Raps this game as far as i'm concerned. The play calling late in the game(4th and OT) were just mind boggling bad. Raps had 2 chances to win this game and they fucking blew it.

5 seconds late in the game in the 4th, a chance to win the game. What did they do? they gave the ball to Lowry on the OTHER SIDE OF THE COURT. What the fuck was that all about??

Then in OT, tie game. 23 secs left. Raps had the final shot, a chance AGAIN to win the game. What did they do? they gave the ball to Vasquez and Vasquez for some reason was still dribbling the ball on half court with under 10 remaining on the clock. Are u kidding me?? didn't even get a good chance to get a good shot.

So many bad possessions. Just give the fucking ball to Lowry or DeRozan late in the game and let them create. If they miss they miss.

Can't blame Casey though for not playing JV in the OT. The guy is just FLAT OUT HORRIBLE. Raps made their run in the 3rd when they put JV on the bench.
    I can't see why people support him either...not just for end of game calls

What about when Ross went down...Casey still did not even attempt to use De Colo, like WTF!!? De Colo is a completely serviceable player. How about when Lowry went out as well? Nope, Fields...and Novak at the 4.

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    Someone needs to Gif that Amier Johnson Windmill it was RAW as fuck
    PLZ! He did it with ease too...

Comment

• I'm very concerned about JV now. He's just never played THIS badly before from what I remember.
      Part of it might be that people now know what to expect from him when he posts up.
      Maybe he just isn't used to the full grind of the NBA season yet.
      What's really getting to me is the (general) lack of effort out there from him. Honestly, he's really reminding me of how T Ross kind of played last year. Maybe they decided to do a trade off?
      OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
        I'm very concerned about JV now. He's just never played THIS badly before from what I remember.
        Part of it might be that people now know what to expect from him when he posts up.
        Maybe he just isn't used to the full grind of the NBA season yet.
        What's really getting to me is the (general) lack of effort out there from him. Honestly, he's really reminding me of how T Ross kind of played last year. Maybe they decided to do a trade off?
        Ive seen some tweets that JV is butting heads with Casey and JV isn't liking the way Casey uses him and I still don't understand why Casey continually talks about growth when he never lets JV learn from his mistakes( Today was an anomaly) . Even though JV was playing insanely bad why was Chuck hayes in the game in 3OT?? That was ridiculous we need to get rid of Casey this offseason foreal! He talks about the young guys learning and growing but never lets them do it It seems to me he's going for as many wins possible so he can get another job with us! FUCK CASEY AND HIS RETARDED SUBS
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
          gortat just murdered us. a smart big. something i really doubt JV will ever turn into.
          Gortat's been in the league for years, JV is a sophomore. Step away from the ledge.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• It seems like the Raptors lack a bread and butter play to run during crunch time. The Wizards got whatever they wanted out of the high Wall/Gortat pick and roll down. Whereas down the stretch, Toronto only got forced Vasquez floaters and DD iso's. Fortunately, DeMar did a good job getting to the line and carried the offense in the third OT. I have to put this on Casey, he should have run more pick and rolls during the year with Val or Amir to develop this play.

Also, the Raptors are very passive defending the pick and role. Why don't they run ICE like other teams do (e.g., Miami)?

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
              Ive seen some tweets that JV is butting heads with Casey and JV isn't liking the way Casey uses him and I still don't understand why Casey continually talks about growth when he never lets JV learn from his mistakes( Today was an anomaly) . Even though JV was playing insanely bad why was Chuck hayes in the game in 3OT?? That was ridiculous we need to get rid of Casey this offseason foreal! He talks about the young guys learning and growing but never lets them do it It seems to me he's going for as many wins possible so he can get another job with us! FUCK CASEY AND HIS RETARDED SUBS
              Nah. Can't really blame Casey for putting in Hayes/Hansbrough in the 3rd OT over JV. I would do it too if i was the coach. JV was that bad.

My problem w/ Casey tonight is on the offensive side of the ball. Bad executions cost them this game. They had 2 chances to win this game in the 4th and 1OT and they couldn't even get a good shot.
              Last edited by The Great One; Fri Feb 28, 2014, 01:59 AM.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The key to the loss was Ross' injury.. he would have hit some daggar 3's and snuffed out Wall on D.... oh well - can't win 'em all.

Comment

• Btw, i have a feeling we'll see the Wizards again this season.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• JV must've played just awfully poorly in the last period and overtimes. I had to leave in the 3rd quarter but up until that point I thought he was doing a fine job all around.

Was gutting to see Terrence go down. He was stringing together some great games on both ends and was on track for another one tonight Hopefully it's not bad.....
                    Last edited by BigCamB; Fri Feb 28, 2014, 02:24 AM.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                      JV must've played just awfully poorly in the last period and overtimes. I had to leave in the 3rd quarter but up until that point I thought he was doing a fine job all around.

Was gutting to see Terrence go down. He was stringing together some great games on both ends and was on track for another one tonight Hopefully it's not bad.....
                      That's pretty much right for JV. He was awful in OT though (didn't play in the 4th).

Really bad news about Ross. Hopefully nothing serious at all. He's becoming this team's best defensive weapon.

Comment

• Jack_Bauer wrote: View Post
                        It seems like the Raptors lack a bread and butter play to run during crunch time. The Wizards got whatever they wanted out of the high Wall/Gortat pick and roll down. Whereas down the stretch, Toronto only got forced Vasquez floaters and DD iso's. Fortunately, DeMar did a good job getting to the line and carried the offense in the third OT. I have to put this on Casey, he should have run more pick and rolls during the year with Val or Amir to develop this play.

Also, the Raptors are very passive defending the pick and role. Why don't they run ICE like other teams do (e.g., Miami)?
                        We lack the PnR so much...Val is a good PnR guy and Amir is a GREAT one with his ability to catch and finish so easily. Unfortunately Casey's system does not run it and our bigs no longer even roll, because they know they never get the ball...I don't blame our bigs for giving inconsistent effort and lack intensity sometimes. That would be brutal to play with.

ICE is for side screen and rolls where you can use the baseline for the third defender...we got torn apart from the screen and roll from the top, which you can't ICE with the lack of the baseline. This leaves you with two options, you can either jump the screen and hedge hard (which Val is too slow to do, and is hard to do in general), or have the big sag and have the guard fight over the top to challenge the pull up. This is what Casey has his team do and I think it's the right defensive call and can't blame Casey for any wrong doing here.

Comment

• Charles Barkley nut hugging the Wiz right now on inside the NBA ! Ahaha

Comment

• Patrick Patterson is the funniest guy to follow on twitter hahahaha! He's just tweeted that he's gonna wear a black mask next game! He said he never knew you could wear colored masks

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              Gortat's been in the league for years, JV is a sophomore. Step away from the ledge.
                              Yep. Gortat wasn't even in the NBA at JV age and in his second season at the NBA the age of 25, he was only avg 3.6 ppg and 4 rpg.

Big men take time. Also this is what Gortat looked like when he first entered the NBA at the age of 23-24 it took time until he bulked up and became what he is today.

Comment

• rly? Looks like Alex Len lol

Comment

Working...
                                X