Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't the media support the Canadian U18 basketball team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bubble has been burst. The match up with the US team is not happening. Canada plays Argentina for third place tomorrow. The good news is that Canada has qualified for the U19 World Championship next year.

The U17 World Championships are at the end of this month in Lithuania. Lyles and Wiggins are eligible age wise. I am wondering if they will join the Cadet team.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
      The bubble has been burst. The match up with the US team is not happening. Canada plays Argentina for third place tomorrow. The good news is that Canada has qualified for the U19 World Championship next year.

The U17 World Championships are at the end of this month in Lithuania. Lyles and Wiggins are eligible age wise. I am wondering if they will join the Cadet team.
      To answer my own question, Lyles and Wiggins are not on Canada's U17 team that's going to Lithuania. The roster was announced today.

http://www.basketball.ca/2012-cmnt-r...ounced-p150949

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
        To answer my own question, Lyles and Wiggins are not on Canada's U17 team that's going to Lithuania. The roster was announced today.

http://www.basketball.ca/2012-cmnt-r...ounced-p150949
        But could they be added late? I thought Wiggins or Pangos did that last year.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I am not sure but with only a week until the event I am thinking that the roster is set with the twelve names. The USA U17 roster was announced a few days ago also.
          Last edited by stretch; Wed Jun 20, 2012, 02:54 PM.

Comment

That loss to Brazil was tough...they really couldn't have shot the ball any worse. Talent wise they should've been in the gold medal game against the US, but bad games happen :/.
            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
              That loss to Brazil was tough...they really couldn't have shot the ball any worse. Talent wise they should've been in the gold medal game against the US, but bad games happen :/.
              disappointing I agree - grass roots ball is still on the rise in Canada though.
              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Canada gets the bronze at the Fiba Americas U18 tournament with a two point victory over Argentina. The US won the gold easily over Brazil.

http://www.basketball.ca/jmnt-wins-b...as-u18-p150975

Men's U17 World Championship is next week with Women's Senior team trying to qualify for the Olympics soon after that.

Comment

Working...
                X