No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When all said and done the Rockets maybe a worse team since the season ended and whose gm worked his butt the hardest trying to be the "smartest" one in the L. And what of Bosh...he really must not like Houston...this is the second time he has stiffed them (the first when he was holding hands with Morey when he left the Raptors). Wonder what Morey has cost the Rockets in asset value in all the moves. Houston is actually not a very nice city to hang out in...fairly sterile and humid as hell.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      When all said and done the Rockets maybe a worse team since the season ended and whose gm worked his butt the hardest trying to be the "smartest" one in the L. And what of Bosh...he really must not like Houston...this is the second time he has stiffed them (the first when he was holding hands with Morey when he left the Raptors). Wonder what Morey has cost the Rockets in asset value in all the moves. Houston is actually not a very nice city to hang out in...fairly sterile and humid as hell.
      It was an incredibly easy decision for Bosh to stay in Miami once he got the max offer. He's got his 2 rings and now he's the man again with a credible partner in Wade (he never had a credible partner in Toronto).
      As someone who lives in Miami and has been to Houston, there is no competition. Miami blows it out of the fucking water.

I was a freshman at Georgia Tech at the same time Bosh was, and remember riding around on the bus with him. So I've always been a huge fan. I was ecstatic when the Raptors drafted him, and distraught after the way he left. Glad I can finally start rooting for him in earnest again. The Heat is his team now.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        It was an incredibly easy decision for Bosh to stay in Miami once he got the max offer. He's got his 2 rings and now he's the man again with a credible partner in Wade (he never had a credible partner in Toronto).
        As someone who lives in Miami and has been to Houston, there is no competition. Miami blows it out of the fucking water.

I was a freshman at Georgia Tech at the same time Bosh was, and remember riding around on the bus with him. So I've always been a huge fan. I was ecstatic when the Raptors drafted him, and distraught after the way he left. Glad I can finally start rooting for him in earnest again. The Heat is his team now.
        Still a bit weird. He would've given up that year....but a starting lineup with Howard, Bosh, Parsons and Harden has a chance to be a real contender for all 4 years he'd be there.

Not saying I don't understand his decision, but personally, if I were him, I'd go to Houston and play to win. Though he does have a stupidly expensive house even for an NBAer and maybe he really needs that extra year of max money to not go broke.

Comment

You live in the states and are a Raptors fan? That's awesome.

Comment

• Comment

• Is this guy for real?

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

timberwuuuuvs?!???1

Comment

• I really hope 20/10 Bosh comes back, I loved watching him score in Toronto in more ways than just spot up jumpshots like he got in Miami.

Comment

I on the other hand have no personal experience with Bosh but have a fairly negative view of him as a "professional". Not about the fact he decided to leave Toronto but how he did it. My opinion of him as a basketball player is that he is a very good one but there is something about his personality that is elusive for me. imv, he is not the alpha leader type he portrays/ed himself to be and he is really opting for the money by staying in Miami or mesmerized by Riley and Wade ...again. Cant begrudge him...a difficult decision considering the guaranteed difference. Now, that he will be the proverbial "man" in Miami it will be interesting to see him prove me wrong on the basketball side of things.

ps..he does have personal qualities though that may make him an interesting person...he reads, interested in IT, travels and inetrested in languages and the arts. Ironically all areas of interest personally. So this is paradoxical.

Comment

• Jordan Hill is worth 9m/year? holy fuck. I feel much better now with the Vazquez deal.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Jordan Hill is worth 9m/year? holy fuck. I feel much better now with the Vazquez deal.
                      The Lakers have decided to overpay the roster that got them one of the worst years in franchise history....Go Lakers

Comment

Jordan Hill is worth 9m/year? holy fuck. I feel much better now with the Vazquez deal.
                        Who in there right minds gives Jordan Hill, a Demar sized contract?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! This offseason marks a new era in contract sizes. Consider our free agents signed early as the biggest relief ever. Vasquez took the longest, and was overpaid the most. The players are waking up to new contract expectations.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I wonder if demar haters still think hes overpaid haha
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Wonder what Kobe thinks of the contract. Its all Lebron's fault...he held up the f/a process and once he dropped the bomb the gms were so astonished & excited & frightened at the prospect of being left out of the acquisition frenzy there was a stampede to the signing table. I am sure there were bidding wars behind the scenes we dont hear about that led to these numbers....or pretty smart agents.

Comment

• Bosh getting 118 million Wow, that man got paid.

Comment

• Rockets are the biggest losers of this summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X