Which Bigs to keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Zach Randolph? ZACH RANDLOPH????? Shouldn't the Raptors be GETTING RID OF players who don't play defense, not getting more of them?

Shall we look at getting Al Jefferson or Corey Maggette, too?
    Actually I wouldn't mind getting Maggette to play off the bench. He would solve our offensive problems at the 3, and he would definitely get to the line a lot. Cause a lot of foul trouble to the opposition and sometimes even get double teamed. With him, it would give Bargnani and DeRozan more space on offense. But yeah, Corey Maggette is still Corey Maggette.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
      Actually I wouldn't mind getting Maggette to play off the bench. He would solve our offensive problems at the 3, and he would definitely get to the line a lot. Cause a lot of foul trouble to the opposition and sometimes even get double teamed. With him, it would give Bargnani and DeRozan more space on offense. But yeah, Corey Maggette is still Corey Maggette.
      The last time Maggette played any defense was when he was at Duke. Instant offense is nice, but I've had enough with these no-defense guys. When a team is at the bottom of the league on defense, but basically in the middle of the pack on offense, the last thing you need to do is bring in another offensive player who can't defend.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The last time Maggette played any defense was when he was at Duke. Instant offense is nice, but I've had enough with these no-defense guys. When a team is at the bottom of the league on defense, but basically in the middle of the pack on offense, the last thing you need to do is bring in another offensive player who can't defend.
        True dat.
        “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
          I like Ed, BUT, that woudl be a no brainer.
          You're right about the brain part. None.
          Last edited by Maleko; Fri Mar 18, 2011, 01:47 PM.

Comment

It really depends on his contract. I wouldn't mind having him a year to make our games more exciting! Obviously he's not a player you want to build with.

Comment

It really depends on his contract. I wouldn't mind having him a year to make our games more exciting! Obviously he's not a player you want to build with.
              True that you don't want to build with him, but I wouldn't take him no matter what the contract. With a young team like the Raptors, you need to create the right atmosphere and mindset among the players. They need to learn how to play the right way, and having guys on the team who simply don't care about defense will hurt the development of the team as a whole. Besides, I don't think high scoring games with bad defense is exciting.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

True that you don't want to build with him, but I wouldn't take him no matter what the contract. With a young team like the Raptors, you need to create the right atmosphere and mindset among the players. They need to learn how to play the right way, and having guys on the team who simply don't care about defense will hurt the development of the team as a whole. Besides, I don't think high scoring games with bad defense is exciting.
                I think that him being on a team won't really affect the guys on the team, and their mindset. That's more of the coach's role. I didn't really see Milwaukee play bad on D with Maggette there?
                Well when you consider we go crazy when DeRozan goes for a slam, with Maggette around there would be a lot more drives and dunks Anyways, I think Barnes would solve our problem at the 3. After that we'd only need a good PG and a defensive center. Seems so easy, damn. Takes me a couple trades on 2k11 to make the Raptors a contending team

Comment

I think that him being on a team won't really affect the guys on the team, and their mindset. That's more of the coach's role. I didn't really see Milwaukee play bad on D with Maggette there?
                  Well when you consider we go crazy when DeRozan goes for a slam, with Maggette around there would be a lot more drives and dunks Anyways, I think Barnes would solve our problem at the 3. After that we'd only need a good PG and a defensive center. Seems so easy, damn. Takes me a couple trades on 2k11 to make the Raptors a contending team
                  Ha true. However easy it appears, it still takes the GM doing it and behind the whole defensive center thing. Hopefully we see that this summer.

Comment

Another Solid game by Evans off the bench !! It is getting harder and harder trying to justify why we want to Keep Amir Johnson and let Evans to walk away.

BC move Amir and fix ur mistake.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                      Defense...yes...defense.
                      wow, I actually agree with MP for once. Bierdrins blocks some shots but he's always hurt, can't hit a FT to save his life (makes Reggie look like Nash) and can't handle bulky guys at all. His game is incredibly overrated IMO.
                      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• Lets see Bargs+ Amir for Robin Lopez+ Pietrus
                        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
                          Lets see Bargs+ Amir for Robin Lopez+ Pietrus
                          Suns fan here ??!!

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                            Suns fan here ??!!
                            Dude wouldn't that help both teams out and we can sell them while they are kinda high, defensive minded SF veteran Pietrus , and young ,versatile C Lopez for jump shooting Bargs and Amir tha hustla. Seems like a win win situation if you ask me.
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• I think they should keep Andrea Bargnani, Ed Davis, Amir Johnson, Reggie Evans and Joey Dorsey, then there's some good options on the market this summer like Sam Dalembert and Tyson Chandler. And why not give a try at Yao and Greg Oden? Also there is good power forwards like Zach Randolph and Kris Humphries who is now a lot better than when he was with the Raps (he averages a double-double)! I still think the best and the more realistic option would be Samuel Dalembert.

Comment

• I'm not married to any of the bigs but this is my order of preference:

1) Ed
                                2) Andrea (controversial but given the right teammates *cough*Josh Smith*cough* he could crreate some serious match up nightmares while having others clean up his shortcomings. I also hold out hope he might 'get it' at some point - although I have nothing to base this hope on).
                                3) Amir
                                4) Ajinca (every team needs a project and I'd much rather him than Alabi - same age but Ajinca can move, Alabi should be in a lumber yard)
                                5) Reggie (at the right price.)
                                6) Dorsey (seems like a great teammate but sometimes that just isn't enough)
                                7) Alabi (take him back Ujiri, he was your project!)

Comment

Working...
                                X