Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilson Chandler to Toronto? Forget about it (473)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuck who would we possibly take from Orlando? Redick? Jameer? Please dont tell me J-Rich...
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      Yuck who would we possibly take from Orlando? Redick? Jameer? Please dont tell me J-Rich...
      The trade would work with Toronto taking back NO salary.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        The trade would work with Toronto taking back NO salary.

Matt can you kindly explain how this would work with Toronto taking no salary back. I'd be okay with a collection of picks in return for Jose with us getting immediate salary relief.

Comment

• Oof then I'm all in!
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Phat Farmer wrote: View Post
            Matt can you kindly explain how this would work with Toronto taking no salary back. I'd be okay with a collection of picks in return for Jose with us getting immediate salary relief.
            It works like this in the ESPN Trade Machine

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6o556kw

TO LA
            - Howard
            - Turkoglu
            - Nelson
            - Davis (assuming he's why the trade can't go through until March 1st)

TO ORL
            - Bynum
            - Gasol
            - Calderon
            - $6.3M TPE (for Davis - had to use Reddick in the Trade Machine, who makes only $0.5M more than Davis)

TO TOR
            - $9.8M TPE (for Calderon)
            - at least one 1st round pick
            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Feb 27, 2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• Phat Farmer wrote: View Post
              Further to what CalgaryRapsFan wrote, for teams over the luxury tax, they are limited to executing a trade where the salaries must be within 125% + $100k of each other.

See this trade: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=blj87rj

Because the amount of money being sent out by Orlando is $37.7M, they would be able to take back up to approximately an additional $9.4M in salary. In the rumour the Magic are only taking $33.6 back from the Lakers. So they have the difference in salaries plus an additional $9.4M to take back for a total of $13.5M. That, of course, easily absorbs the salary of Calderon and it would create a TPE or cap space for the Raptors.

Rumoured trade would look like this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6wflfbu

Comment

Further to what CalgaryRapsFan wrote, for teams over the luxury tax, they are limited to executing a trade where the salaries must be within 125% + $100k of each other.

Because the amount of money being sent out by Orlando is $37.7M, they would be able to take back up to approximately an additional $9.4M in salary. In the rumour the Magic are only taking $33.6 back from the Lakers. So they have the difference in salaries plus an additional $9.4M to take back for a total of $13.5M. That, of course, easily absorbs the salary of Calderon and it would create a TPE or cap space for the Raptors.

Rumoured trade would look like this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6wflfbu

Thanks for clearing that up Matt & CalgaryRapsFan

Comment

I wonder what a massive 4-team trade might potentially look like, if Orlando really isn't interested in Bynum as they claim. I bet there'd be many teams lining up to get involved to try and land Bynum!

Comment

• Chandler still exploring options

What's up with Wilson?

That's the common question from Nuggets fans heading into the rest of this NBA season — will the Nuggets lock up Wilson Chandler to a long-term deal?

The forward is a restricted free agent, but if Denver signs him for just this season, Chandler would become unrestricted this summer — and then the Nuggets could possibly lose their valuable asset for what was basically just a few-months rental. A one-year deal is out, his agent, Chris Luchey, confirmed Monday.

Chandler has until Thursday to receive an offer sheet from another team — he met with Toronto last week but hasn't been made an offer. After Thursday, the only NBA team he could play for this season is Denver.

So if Chandler doesn't sign a long-term deal with the Nuggets, he won't play in the NBA until next fall. At that point, Chandler will have either re-signed long term with Denver in the summer or ended up elsewhere.

Luchey said "we're considering all options" and that it's realistic that Chandler could sign with a professional team in Italy this spring, in order to stay in shape and make some money. Chandler played in China during the NBA lockout and returned to the States this month.

In his NBA career, the 24-year-old has averaged 13.9 points and 5.2 rebounds. He came to Denver a year ago in the Nuggets' big Carmelo Anthony trade with the Knicks.

Read more: Nuggets' situation with Wilson Chandler is complicated - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...#ixzz1nhEehyTN
                    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
                    Most 'analysts' I've read have said Chandler will end up in Denver however the Italian bit is interesting. He has already made around $2.5M this year in China. Clearly there are a lot of games being played as part of the negotiations in Denver.

Comment

Most 'analysts' I've read have said Chandler will end up in Denver however the Italian bit is interesting. He has already made around $2.5M this year in China. Clearly there are a lot of games being played as part of the negotiations in Denver.
                      Sure, but unfortunately for Chandler, Denver holds a much better hand.

Comment

• If Colangelo is serious about acquiring Chandler, we should hear about a Barbosa or Calderon trade in the next 48 hrs.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                          The team always has the advantage in restricted free agency - that has never changed - but it is even worse in WC's case at this time.

However all is not lost for Chandler.

If Chandler waits until the summer, in my opinion, that hurts Denver and certainly adds leverage to Chandler. They might hold his NBA rights but they can't force him to play. Come this summer they are either going to lose him or sign him to a contract for more than they wanted - all the while missing a player that could help them make the playoffs and go beyond round 1 this year.

I'm not sure if anyone has checked the standings but after a fast start Denver is currently sitting out of the playoffs due to injuries. They could very much use Wilson Chandler at this time.
                          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Feb 28, 2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            If Colangelo is serious about acquiring Chandler, we should hear about a Barbosa or Calderon trade in the next 48 hrs.
                            They flew him in for a meeting, I think that shows their interest. I think if a deal doesn't go through it's because there was no deal there. Essentially the Raptors need a team to take Barbosa or Calderon and send little to no salary back. In the case of Calderon, just a cap dump isn't enough due to his level of play. They need to get something of value back for him beyond cap space. This is why I think it's either a Barbosa trade or nothing.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              If Colangelo is serious about acquiring Chandler, we should hear about a Barbosa or Calderon trade in the next 48 hrs.
                              Definitely agree. Trade early on Thursday with an offer sheet out later Thursday.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                                Only if Chandler is committed to coming back to the NBA right now. If he waits, his options get much better.

From a Raptors perspective, these delays are the best thing that could happen as they are going to save Colangelo from himself. The last thing this team needs to do is maneouver and spend a pile of money to bring in Wilson Chandler. It's like spending $100,000 to build a theatre room in your house when you still don't have a kitchen, any bathrooms and most walls upstairs are missing....

Comment

Working...
                                X