Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about Landry Fields next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about Landry Fields next season?

I think he can be a contributor hopefully.
    Maybe he can get his shot somewhat back and crack Dwane Casey's rotation.
    He is a great defender without a question
    He's in a contract year next season so maybe he will have more incentive to play better?

I'm glad he's an expiring.

Maybe get a second rounder for him?
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
      I'm glad he's an expiring.

Maybe get a second rounder for him?
      I hope BOTH things happen. I honestly like Landry (always have, even since new York, thanks to the Andy And Landry show) and want good things for him, and want him to get back to what he was. But for that contract, I also hope we get some value out of him in a trade. Maybe some team sees him and wants a defense first insurance policy?
      @Boymusic66

Comment

And second round picks can be used as trading assets, so it's good if we stockpile some.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
          And second round picks can be used as trading assets, so it's good if we stockpile some.
          Oh hey, Chicago/Houston/Sacramento/Cleveland/Suns/Celtics, you need a decent size expiring contract to make the salaries you send back work in your Kevin Love trade? Sure we'll throw in Landry for your second rounder!
          @Boymusic66

Comment

He is a third stringer/situational player making $8.5m with a cap hit of $6.23m on an expiring contract.

He has no value at this moment in a trade, in fact due to his contract, he is a liability.

To trade him would require a productive or valuable asset to be traded along with him.

I personally hope he can return to his rookie form but highly doubt that will happen in a raptors uniform...if ever.

And his wife is hot as balls.

Comment

Salmons +fields + Hansborough= Terence Jones +Asik + Lin. Toronto eats salary that is not on the cap but gains a piece with Terence Jones that replace Patrick Patterson.

Asik gets his money and fights it out to be the starting PF with Amir Johnson . Houston saves 10 million dollars of cap space

Personally don't like this trade , I would go after David Lee or Boozer. Prefer Lee and since everyone thinks Barnes is untouchable I will be pleased to take Draymond Green. The trade works $16.5 million from Tdot for $16.2 for lee and Greene.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                He is a third stringer/situational player making $8.5m with a cap hit of $6.23m on an expiring contract.

He has no value at this moment in a trade, in fact due to his contract, he is a liability.

To trade him would require a productive or valuable asset to be traded along with him.

I personally hope he can return to his rookie form but highly doubt that will happen in a raptors uniform...if ever.

And his wife is hot as balls.
                Actually that's not really correct.

He does have value to a team trying to free up cap space for 2015 free agency. They could send a long-term deal our way and a draft pick for his expiring contract.

That's about the only situation I can think of though.

Comment

We need to give him some run next season. If he is productive, then we can sell him high and/or even keep him on our roster.

Im leaning towards trading him, but given that the only value he currently has is on the defensive end, it would be better to try and get some sort of offensive showcasing from him early next season, and then seek to trade him while his value is up.
                  I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                  -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                    Actually that's not really correct.

He does have value to a team trying to free up cap space for 2015 free agency. They could send a long-term deal our way and a draft pick for his expiring contract.

That's about the only situation I can think of though.
                    I would imagine that type of deal is done closer to deadline when about 2/3s of his contract is already paid.

Also have to consider Raps might wish to be 2015 players as well.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Masai forces Casey to play him next season, by not getting a replacement for Salmons. Although, I bet Casey would choose to play De Colo instead, assuming we re-sign him. The best case scenario is that Fields contributes enough next season that we can package him in a larger deal as an attractive expiring that could contribute on another playoff team.
                      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I try not to.

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week.

Comment

Backup 3. He's more than capable of playing 15-20 MPG in the right lineups and being very effective, whether he can recover a portion of his prior shooting ability or not.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            I try not to.

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week.
                            lol

DanH wrote: View Post
                            Backup 3. He's more than capable of playing 15-20 MPG in the right lineups and being very effective, whether he can recover a portion of his prior shooting ability or not.
                            yeah... ish. he needs to be able to offer some offense. right now guys just clog the lane and keep him in their peripheral, it's too easy for the d.
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Nobody needs to be anywhere near Fields on the perimeter, it would just hurt AJ, JV, Hayes and Patman inside.

Comment

Working...
                              X