Playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Why? What has Toronto done with cap space and financial flexibility? Who says crappy deals have to play? Say the current squad makes the playoffs next year, how deep will they go?

Talent is still an issue. The only difference now is guys are buying in to the system.
    Matt I'm with you on this. I'm all for taking on salary as long as there is some sweetener in the deal like young talent or draft picks. Last thing I want TO to have is cap space and financial flexibility.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
      Matt I'm with you on this. I'm all for taking on salary as long as there is some sweetener in the deal like young talent or draft picks. Last thing I want TO to have is cap space and financial flexibility.
      You keep pulling this wagon, 'cause I'm jumping on board. I just want the players with the bad contracts to be marginally useful and entertaining. Guys who looked great for a year, got signed to ridiculous deals, and who will continue to play hard, but just not be very good. And Bargs has to go for one of the deals.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        You keep pulling this wagon, 'cause I'm jumping on board. I just want the players with the bad contracts to be marginally useful and entertaining. Guys who looked great for a year, got signed to ridiculous deals, and who will continue to play hard, but just not be very good. And Bargs has to go for one of the deals.
        If the player is useful I'll be over the moon happy to be honest. If the sweetner is worth while we're going to need to take it on the chin with a bad deal. Someone like Biedrins, Jefferson, Boozer, Walton, Shawn Marion, Charlie V, Prince, Gasol, Blake, Duhon, Gay (talent going out), Mike Miller, Udrih, Gooden, Amare, Perkins (Something worth while), Hedo, Harrington, Frye, Salmons, Garcia, Jackson, Bell and Okafor. Some of those guys can play and some of them can barely walk. Those are the types of names I'd expect to see a sweetner attached to or could be had for a reasonable price. BC and flexibility dont mix well.

Comment

As bleak as things may seem, I'm not ready to write off the playoffs. And this isn't inspired by this 5 game win streak. Remember, I'm the guy who predicted last month that we would go 4-11 over our last 15 games (we went 6-9), so I'm a realist. The east is full of teams like the sixers, bucks, pacers, bulls, celtics etc. Not teams worse than us but middling teams that are just beating eachother on any given night. If they keep plodding away at win one/lose one, there may be a way to sneak in. Stay tuned. We still haven't proven we could beat those teams yet.

Comment

Working...
          X