• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a28zws9

Boozer/Robinson

for

Bargnani/Lucas

Draft pick included from Chicago and I'm good with it.
    This trade? Done! Let's get this signed and official

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I'm generally ok with it...we're still going to have issues at PG though. Robinson is an upgrade as a shoot-first PG...but we'd stil only be 2-deep. It would still leave a lot of pressure on Lowry to get people involved, and leave us needing a 3rd stringer...which is obviously better than needing a 2nd stringer though...
      Get Mr. Triple Double and get rid of Pietrus xD

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
        Yet they want to trade him for a 7' 3 pt shooter that "doesn't play team D well". Hmmmmmm, why does Chicago want to make this trade?
        Salary cap considerations and they can win without him.

Most of Chicago's perimeter guys including Deng are volume shooters. Andrea, when motivated, can shoot and he might add another dimension to that team in a specific role. If Thibs can't make him do what is needed, I doubt any coach can.

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
          How? Well, how does Boozer fit a team with high usage players who's main issue has been defence this year?

Boozer doesn't significantly upgrade this team defensively even if Andrea is the player going the other way. He might not blow rotations or be passive defensively but he's still an average to below average defender.

Bulls want to get rid of him because they don't want to pay that contract. And his contract IS large for a player of his productivity.

What's wrong with ending up like Memphis? Top 4-5 seed in the West no?

Most good teams (OKC, Miami, Memphis, SA) spend money on players that help them win, plain and simple. They don't overpay role players. Booozer is not going to impact winning that much on this Raps team.

I would agree with you that Boozer is better than Andrea but how good is he really and what will his impact be on the floor when it comes to w vs l's?
          When he meant "ending up like Memphis", he didn't mean playing as well as Memphis and being one of the top team in the NBA. He means the ownership being cheap and thinking more about not paying the luxury tax rather than trying to win a championship.

Comment

• I feel like Boozer is the sort of player who would complain and hate coming to Toronto... Just a vibe I get from his personality.

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post

Most of Chicago's perimeter guys including Deng are volume shooters. Andrea, when motivated, can shoot and he might add another dimension to that team in a specific role. If Thibs can't make him do what is needed, I doubt any coach can.
              It would be so hilarious if Thibs transforms Bargnani into a defensive player of the year candidate. I would laugh so hard at Casey and BC xD

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                Yet they want to trade him for a 7' 3 pt shooter that "doesn't play team D well". Hmmmmmm, why does Chicago want to make this trade?
                sleepz wrote: View Post

What Sleepz said, plus add that the perimeter shooting will be even more valuable when Rose, and his drive and kick game, come back. They also have a coach, and players in Noah, Gibson, Deng and Rose to hold him accountable. Toronto fired Mitchell, the only guy who tried, and I think any attempt to get him to play D for this team was a lost cause after that, especially as constructed with no real vets and a spineless coach in Triano for 2 years.

Comment

• take a look at this trade the salary total would be almost equal
                  the trade here also adresses chicagos 3 pt shooting by sending 2 players

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bqbnkv3

Comment

• Interesting Chicago perspective. People do weird things when it comes to the luxury tax.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bull...-inflexibility

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                      I feel like Boozer is the sort of player who would complain and hate coming to Toronto... Just a vibe I get from his personality.
                      Ya I get that feeling too Where Gay came in humble with legitimate look of finally somewhere new I want to be here I dont think Boozer would look thrilled...

Comment

• Boozer has 3 years left on his contract, this is considered moderate risk, high reward with his age given (31)
                        with the toughness he brings Toronto really needed inside since losing Ed Davis.
                        Either way, boozer has a contract that should keep our core group together

Contracts:

Derozan:5 yrs
                        Ross:4 yrs
                        Valanciunas:4 yrs
                        Amir:4 yrs
                        Rudy:3 yrs
                        Fields:3 yrs
                        Last edited by Reyaz123; Thu Feb 7, 2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• If I get this straight, according to Matt52's post at 6:47 (?), these "talks" aren't active at all. When the "talks" took place, Chicago initiated them, whatever the other details were, BC dismissed the proposal. Now Stein is speculating that maybe the Raps might be interested if the "sweeten the pot" with Nate.

We're talking about someone's speculation that Nate Robinson is suddenly going to change BC's mind by offering Lowry 2.0? Really? As I said in another post, internet NBA writers across the continent know how to up their hits, no matter how real/unreal the bullshit regarding the Raps is.

Comment

• Give us marquis Teague and a first round pick and we'll do it

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              With the injury to Rose, that has a trickle down effect on the rest of the team. Things aren't going to be as easy without a talent like Rose on the floor.

November and December was brutal to start the year but he came around in January.
                              Not including tonight's game, Boozer is 48.4% (125 for 258) from the floor in January and February, which would be the worse FG% of his career.

I am not confident he would regain his old form if traded and, at his salary, anything but his old self is overpaying.

Comment

• Update seems aptors are the ones holding back The deal would include Bargnani + "fan favorite" (shudders) JL3 for Boozer and Nate Robinson....

Chicago seems to be the ones pursuing this deal not Toronto as much. Interesting Maybe Boozer and that rookie guard of theirs would do it.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...-boozer-trade/

Comment

Working...
                                X