No announcement yet.

More Reggie Evans is What This Team Needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reg The Fierce is one tough SOB. ANY team needs someone like that! He plays the game the way it should be paid. Cut loose the soft Euro pussys and get more like Reg on the squad. I am glad Dorsey wasn't the last cut.

Comment

Karl Marx wrote: View Post
      Reg The Fierce is one tough SOB. ANY team needs someone like that! He plays the game the way it should be paid. Cut loose the soft Euro pussys and get more like Reg on the squad. I am glad Dorsey wasn't the last cut.
      "Soft Euro pussys"? Who exactly would you be referring to? Kleiza is anything but soft. Calderon isn't a good defensive player, but I don't think anyone would call him soft. The only other European on the roster is Bargnani. As far as I know, you don't pluralize when referring to one person.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Ok, now I am clear on that part but one thing. There is a lockout looming. How difficult will it be for them to use this after the trade deadline? There was a draft during the last lock out year but I don't think there was a free agency. So my thoughts would be their last opportunity to turn the TPE in to something is the draft unless PA and Stern come to an agreement.
        Very true and probable. There is definitely a dark cloud of uncertainty hanging over the NBA when the CBA expires - I believe it is June 30 could be wrong here.

Comment

Brain Colangelo wrote: View Post
          Can someone please articulate what Reggie does that Joey Dorsey does not?
          Nothing, but that doesn't mean we should trade him for more mediocrity. Parlaying our assets (cap space in summer, TPE) and turning it into something big is the way to go, can't be getting the Kleiza's of the world every year. Got to hit a home run and I ain't talking about Hedo either.

Comment

What happens if there's a lockout and the cap number is dropped? Then the Raptors are out of luck. I think they need to make their moves before the deadline. The cap space we're talking about probably wouldn't be much more than the MLE and BAE that may or may not exist after this year.

Comment

Ugh lets clear this up euros are not any more skilled than most american collegiate/pro players.....that myth is always perpetuated by fans who are jealous or agry about there own players or countrymens lack of athleticism and success compred to others in the NBA...

The highest skilled and "fundamentally" sound american players are above and beyond any euro player you can name....NBA players with the best shot stroke and form are american..i put fundamental in quotes cuz its a fable that certain players are more fundamental than players over here..its an outright myth....its one of those codewords..you cant play in the NBA and be successful if you dont have fundamentals..again kids dont buy that trick...

Kobe,Wade,Shuttlesworth,LeBron,KD always were athletically and fundamentally superior which is why they are BETTER...

and Jose Calderon is most definitely the definition of soft....Kevin Garnett and Anthony Johnson KNOW so

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                Nothing, but that doesn't mean we should trade him for more mediocrity. Parlaying our assets (cap space in summer, TPE) and turning it into something big is the way to go, can't be getting the Kleiza's of the world every year. Got to hit a home run and I ain't talking about Hedo either.
                I would settle for Reggie not playing. There is upside to playing Reggie over Joey - showcase Reggie for a trade and keep Joey off the floor so that they can bring him back for cheap next year. Both are reasons to play Reggie, but are only marginal benefits to the team. I agree - don't trade Reggie for nothing, don't take on long term baggage, but he's worse than Joey and not part of the future of the team so he should ride the pine.

Comment

Working...
                X