• Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    DeMar has never started a season hot:

slow start in one year at USC,
    slow start to rookie year,
    slow start to year 2,
    slow start to year 3.
    But he also has the tendency to finish strong. i.e Last season and in USC.

He was one of the most raw rookies, turning into one of the top 3 sophomores. He's finished every season strong, let's hope he gets his confidence back.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      But he also has the tendency to finish strong. i.e Last season and in USC.

He was one of the most raw rookies, turning into one of the top 3 sophomores. He's finished every season strong, let's hope he gets his confidence back.
      No doubt. But it would be nice if he could play some good ball November through January before coming alive from February onwards. It would save me some of my natural hair colour at the very least and for others it might keep more hair attached to their scalp.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Fear not Matt for the Raptors have a new foreign rookie big man on the way who currently has unrealistic rookie year expectations on his shoulders. Q4 should allow Home Hardware rebound and finish the year strong.
        unfortunately so very true...buy stocks now folks.

Comment

No doubt. But it would be nice if he could play some good ball November through January before coming alive from February onwards. It would save me some of my natural hair colour at the very least and for others it might keep more hair attached to their scalp.
          Oh I know how you feel my man :P I think we really have to be patient as Raptor fans, and know that this season is development and growing in a new culture. Our talent looks very bright and with Val & a top pick in the 2012 draft, it's all good.

Comment

• DeMar was very raw coming outta USC. The way he has improved his great and at this rate he could be on his way to a couple of all star games. As he gets more time with dwane casey over the summer and gets time to work on his weaknesses i'm sure he'll come out next season lookin like andrea this year.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              DeMar was very raw coming outta USC. The way he has improved his great and at this rate he could be on his way to a couple of all star games. As he gets more time with dwane casey over the summer and gets time to work on his weaknesses i'm sure he'll come out next season lookin like andrea this year.
              People don't understand that there was no coaching staff over the break, no practice time to clean up mistakes, and no training camp!

Ed Davis hasn't had a real NBA Traning camp yet, Demar Derozan didn't get the right time and advice on helping out his individual game, and practice time has hurt the two because if they are making mistakes, there are no real times to clean up and perfect. Look at the homestand! Ed Davis AND Demar Derozan have picked it up! They've had time and practice to spend and now they are playing hard individually and making difference in the games!

Raptor Fans, be patient!

Comment

• Ya'll always bitch. He's athletic, but not an all-around player like Dwayne Wade. He's no Dwayne Wade.

He's a raw athletic talent. High potential. He added a very dangerous jump-shot & a couple of mid-range post moves (Kobe like moves) and is averaging near 16 points, near 4 rebounds, and 2 assists.

Summary: He has athleticism, a mid-range jump-shot, and mid-post moves. What else? Nothing, and he's doing better than most expected on draft night, everyone thought he was JUST a dunker. He has a high ceiling, but maybe we are asking TOO much. But his defense is no excuse, his athleticism should push that. He has been regressing from last season's performances, but he has a tendency to start slow, and finish strong i.e USC Tournament, last season. Let him grow, be patient. Ya'll are acting as if you want another VC/T-Mac/Stoudemire situation. Sure, let's go off another good potential talent and attain shitty bums.

Comment

• DeMar's no superstar but as he adds weight and experience he'll be very good wing player

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    DeMar's no superstar but as he adds weight and experience he'll be very good wing player
                    Don't forget about continuing to develop the three-point shot and ball-handling.

Agreed though, he can have a very good career. MAYBE make an all-star game, but not a superstar.

Comment

Don't forget about continuing to develop the three-point shot and ball-handling.

Agreed though, he can have a very good career. MAYBE make an all-star game, but not a superstar.
                      i think he'll make a couple of all star games. Both Joe johnson and Wade are getting up there in age

Comment

• Well hopefully he can continue this momentum into February and ride it through to the end of the season.

I guess it's probably fair to look at it like Demar is a young player who went 5+ months without any real coaching during the past off-season. Not to mention played a ton of streetball. I just hope that he spends the next off-season working on his dribbling and defence. Being athletic doesn't mean much when you can't break down your man off the dribble.

Comment

• AJ360 wrote: View Post
                          Well hopefully he can continue this momentum into February and ride it through to the end of the season.

I guess it's probably fair to look at it like Demar is a young player who went 5+ months without any real coaching during the past off-season. Not to mention played a ton of streetball. I just hope that he spends the next off-season working on his dribbling and defence. Being athletic doesn't mean much when you can't break down your man off the dribble.
                          .... and spends more time in the weight room than in the gym.

Comment

.... and spends more time in the weight room than in the gym.
                            I don't think it's going to be hard for him because he is a gym rat. He's going to get things done with the coaching staff, and LESS streetball, except the fact he killed the Drew League.

I just want him to continue to be aggressive, that right now is all I ask, because dribbling or not, big ass body or not, he can get to the rim.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Dwayne Casey "I've told Demar, he's got to live in the weight room this summer. ...All the other guys in his position hand out the contact. They don't receive it, they hand it out..."

Beautiful
                              im surprised he didn't talk about his ball-handling...

Comment

I don't think it's going to be hard for him because he is a gym rat. He's going to get things done with the coaching staff, and LESS streetball, except the fact he killed the Drew League.

I just want him to continue to be aggressive, that right now is all I ask, because dribbling or not, big ass body or not, he can get to the rim.
                                I don't think it is a given.

Colangelo expressed frustration with DeMar about the things required to be a solid pro outside of being a gym rat. Strength training was the biggest culprit from what I recall of the interview.

Comment

Working...
                                X