Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Kanter get a promise from the Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zach Randolph
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I am certainly impressed that a teen who has not played a competitive game in over a year draws comparisons to Hall Of Famer Moses Malone!

One wonders why he is projected as low as eight in a weak draft year...

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        No one's seen him play a game of significance for quite a long time now. Combine measurements should always be taken with a grain of salt as it is just a random set of stats from one day. Some guys could have a bad day, some a good day. An enormous amount of scouting goes into the draft process, and the fact that Kanter's reach is slightly longer than expected won't factor into the decision to draft him by any team. I think in a stronger draft he would slide a few spots because of the lost year, but because he's a big and it's a weak draft, he'll definitely be a top 5 pick.

Also, I think you misunderstand my comparison, I chose "hoffa" mostly because Araujo is a posterboy for stiff Cs. Could have chosen POB, or Yogi Stewart. To put the importance of that into perspective, I'd even consider Kevin Love a stiff. He's a 5th overall pick and a 20-15 guy, but man do his feet stay still on D. Even a slightly less stiff guy like David Lee is still a terrible defender. It's one thing if a guy tests quickness well, it's another if he naturally responds that way to action on the court.
        1. Yes, but if we're talking things like LENGTH, which was one of the things you were unsure about, it's not exactly something that changes negatively. Either he's long enough or he's not.

2. I think it's pretty easy to misunderstand your comparison when you picked one of the worst bigs ever, with only strength and motor being his positive traits, and even the latter probably worked against him.

Comment

Well, all I'm really saying is don't get your hopes up. Every pick seems to be a bit of a gamble and I think much like the Bargnani year, it's hard to know if our pick will make us a better team. Even with Bargs' progress we still debate, and many believe, we'd be better off without him.
          Getting back to Kanter and the whole promise issue, I think he just knows he'll go top 5. Most think it'd be surprising if he fell to 5th, and everyone knows Washington loves him and would pick him even without a workout if he fell to 6. Knight may be gone as well by the time we pick, and if BC isn't sold on Kemba, I could easily see him trading down but staying within the top 10 to nab someone else.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Well, all I'm really saying is don't get your hopes up. Every pick seems to be a bit of a gamble and I think much like the Bargnani year, it's hard to know if our pick will make us a better team. Even with Bargs' progress we still debate, and many believe, we'd be better off without him.
            Getting back to Kanter and the whole promise issue, I think he just knows he'll go top 5. Most think it'd be surprising if he fell to 5th, and everyone knows Washington loves him and would pick him even without a workout if he fell to 6. Knight may be gone as well by the time we pick, and if BC isn't sold on Kemba, I could easily see him trading down but staying within the top 10 to nab someone else.
            Like you said, every pick is a gamble. It's hard to be upset unless the team goes for a safe pick.

Comment

Working...
            X