Welcome to your 2013/2014 Toronto Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    My guess is because there's been a noticeable drop in play when our bench comes in. Assuming we're a .500 team (post Gay trade), I could see an improved bench being good enough for 40-45 wins.
    Big range, yes. But still within the realm of possibility for the 6-8 seed (or 6-9 seed, if you will).

Comment

qb5PHILA@hotmail.com wrote: View Post
      Still not sure about Lowry as the pg of the future
      +1

Kevin Pangos, Aaron Craft, Myck Kabongo...I would love to see the Raps target any of these guys in the draft.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Big range, yes. But still within the realm of possibility for the 6-8 seed (or 6-9 seed, if you will).
        It seems too optimistic to me. Most of the teams above the Raps (Miami, Indy, Chicago, Brooklyn, NY, Atlanta, Boston(?)) aren't going into a tailspin next year. Then you have teams like Cleveland, Washington and Detroit who should all get better. Throw in complete wildcards like Philly and Milwaukee and it ain't going to be easy to win 40 games, let alone 45 games.

If they finish around 30 wins this year, 40 wins would be a huge improvement year over year with basically the same team. The whole "500 since Rudy has been here", well, not sold. Sorry.

Comment

Can't be completely sure of Derozan and Lowry. With Jose available in the FA market, I won't be surprised if they try to sign him. Trading Bargnani's got to be priority and the one way to do that is add assets. I won't be surprised to see Demar or/and Lowry added to a package to get something back. Fields is another player I expect to be gone.
          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I'm pretty excited to see what this team can do next year with this roster. I'm rarely optimistic at the season start, but next could be an entertaining one at least.

Also I have the feeling that no matter who we sign at PF, Amir will take back the starting spot next year.
            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Is Dalembert an option?

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                Is Dalembert an option?
                With Davis traded and Bargnani probably on the move, the need should be a starting caliber PF. Dalembert for one is a Center and not starting caliber any more.
                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Dalembert is not coming to Toronto.

The Raptors don't really need another centre anyway. Jonas will chew up a lot more minutes next season, Aaron Gray will still be here assuming he doesn't lose his mind and decline his player option, and Amir can always play the 5 in small ball lineups. Considering how little resources the team will have this summer to add new players, I don't expect them to burn them all up on a redundant piece. Plus there's always the Rautins-Dalembert beef from the National team that hangs overhead. I know Leo's a clown and doesn't hold an official title in the organization, but I'm sure he's shared the tales of Dalembert's diva behaviour from that summer with plenty of the front office.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                    Dalembert is not coming to Toronto.

The Raptors don't really need another centre anyway. Jonas will chew up a lot more minutes next season, Aaron Gray will still be here assuming he doesn't lose his mind and decline his player option, and Amir can always play the 5 in small ball lineups. Considering how little resources the team will have this summer to add new players, I don't expect them to burn them all up on a redundant piece. Plus there's always the Rautins-Dalembert beef from the National team that hangs overhead. I know Leo's a clown and doesn't hold an official title in the organization, but I'm sure he's shared the tales of Dalembert's diva behaviour from that summer with plenty of the front office.
                    Not to mention the fact Dalembert has been a whiner everywhere in the NBA.

He was not happy in Philly, SAC, HOU, or MIL.

Earlier this season he was griping over playing time in Milwaukee and hinting about trades from my recollection of HoopsHype.com news bits.

In my opinion, Dalembert is a guy who puts himself ahead of the team and is always wanting to be a bigger part than his talent and skill set deserve..... again my opinion.

Comment

I think the Raptors should package Ross with Bargnani this summer if the return is something good (i.e: a starter quality PF).

It should be painfully obvious by now that Bargs isn't fetching anything of value by himself and Ross is the team's most desirable trade piece not named JV when you factor in his upside/salary. It always confused me when BC said Ross was "untouchable" in the Gay discussions considering that if the trade went through, Ross would be completely squeezed for minutes. I know a lot of people on the forums are high on him but he may need to be sacrificed if Bargnani is going to be turned into anything tangible.

Comment

I think the Raptors should package Ross with Bargnani this summer if the return is something good (i.e: a starter quality PF).

It should be painfully obvious by now that Bargs isn't fetching anything of value by himself and Ross is the team's most desirable trade piece not named JV when you factor in his upside/salary. It always confused me when BC said Ross was "untouchable" in the Gay discussions considering that if the trade went through, Ross would be completely squeezed for minutes. I know a lot of people on the forums are high on him but he may need to be sacrificed if Bargnani is going to be turned into anything tangible.
                        I'd be more inclined to trade DeRozan. But given his contract, it's unknown if he'll draw as much interest as Ross.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Not to mention the fact Dalembert has been a whiner everywhere in the NBA.

He was not happy in Philly, SAC, HOU, or MIL.

Earlier this season he was griping over playing time in Milwaukee and hinting about trades from my recollection of HoopsHype.com news bits.

In my opinion, Dalembert is a guy who puts himself ahead of the team and is always wanting to be a bigger part than his talent and skill set deserve..... again my opinion.
                          Not just your opinion...I think the opinion of anybody who has followed his career. Dude is clearly a problem everywhere he goes.

Comment

I'd be more inclined to trade DeRozan. But given his contract, it's unknown if he'll draw as much interest as Ross.
                            What are you basing your preference for Ross over DD on?

Comment

What are you basing your preference for Ross over DD on?
                              I acknowledge it's a gamble choosing Ross's future "potential" over DeRozan's current production, but I'm just not a fan of DeRozan's game. I prefer Ross's pure athleticism, and hope that his jumper and defense make significant improvements this offseason. This future Ross seems like a much more balanced fit on the wing with Gay. Just my opinion.

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post
                                I'm pretty excited to see what this team can do next year with this roster. I'm rarely optimistic at the season start, but next could be an entertaining one at least.

Also I have the feeling that no matter who we sign at PF, Amir will take back the starting spot next year.
                                The little ounce of optimism I had came before the start of this season, and then the team went 4-19. I am not making that mistake again.

I am going into next season with a 'meh' attitude. I'll only be happy if the Raptors replaced their GM.

Comment

Working...
                                X