starting five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting five

As of today if the roster stay put who's in your staring five ? More precisly do you start tyler or amir ???

same starting 5 as last year i imagine, barring trades.

amir>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tyler
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think it's still too early to start planning the starting 5, as we could still see a significant roster move, if the right offer comes along. To play along, I think Johnson is the starting PF hands down.

Comment

99% of people are going to have the same S5 as it stands today: Lowry, DD, Gay, Amir, JV.

Comment

A better thread would be to talk about the bench. Last year's bench was brutal. Is this year going to be any better?

Stone/Buycks
          Ross/Richardson
          Fields/Acy/Kleiza
          Psycho-T/Novak
          Gray/Camby

With Kleiza/Camby/Richardson being question marks.

Seems like a pretty crappy bench to me. Ross needs to really step up his game if the team wants to get into the playoffs.

Comment

Stone - Ross - Novak - Fields - Camby
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              A better thread would be to talk about the bench. Last year's bench was brutal. Is this year going to be any better?

Stone/Buycks
              Ross/Richardson
              Fields/Acy/Kleiza
              Psycho-T/Novak
              Gray/Camby

Seems like a pretty crappy bench to me. Ross needs to really step up his game if the team wants to get into the playoffs.
              Ross, Hansbrough, Novak, Fields, and Acy all bring different skills off the bench, and we have yet to see what our backup PGs can bring. To me, its an upgrade compared to last years bench!
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Stone/Buycks
                Ross/Richardson
                Fields/Acy/Kleiza
                Psycho-T/Novak
                Gray/Camby

Without further changes, I could see the 2nd unit going small for the most part.

Stone, Ross, Fields, Novak, Hansborough

Gray can replace Fields/Novak/Hansborough when a true C is needed. Acy should also see time at PF/SF, depending on matchups and desire to go big/small.

I seriously doubt Camby, Kleiza or Richardson will see the court very often, if at all, if they're even on the roster come opening night.

Comment

Stone/Buycks
                  Ross/Richardson
                  Fields/Acy/Kleiza
                  Psycho-T/Novak
                  Gray/Camby

Yeah, that's a pretty unspectacular bench. A lot hinges on Ross improving. And also hopefully one of the PGs showing something that can be counted on consistently. Gray and Camby (if he has anything left and actually plays for Toronto) are solid, but unspectacular.

But you know, we all knew there would be little to no change on this roster, right? At least in terms of moving the guys who were already under contract. So it's hard to really add anything.

Seems to me Masai is basically putting the team in a position to go either way...

-The starters thrive and carry the team to a good record...they make the playoffs AND everybody's trade value probably goes up.

-One or two starters underachieve and/or get injured...the bench is weak and the team likely collapses. This gives Masai an excuse to make any big trades if he wants, and likely allows for some tanking, probably positioning Toronto for at least a top 10 pick.

I'm ok with this approach

Comment

We're in for some lower scoring games. Not Kevin O'Neil territory but not too far off it either.

Comment

a stone-ross-fields-acy-psycho t lineup would be hilarious to watch
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Hmmm... I'm probably going PVR/power watch this season.

Comment

I would actually start Psycho-T. Not because he's better than Amir but because Amir can actually play both the 4 and 5 spots. If you start Amir, your first center off the bench is Gray (Camby likely will be gone) which is awful.

Comment

Lowry
                            DD
                            Novak
                            Gay
                            JV

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
                              I would actually start Psycho-T. Not because he's better than Amir but because Amir can actually play both the 4 and 5 spots. If you start Amir, your first center off the bench is Gray (Camby likely will be gone) which is awful.
                              Yeah, I've been wondering about this too. It's tough though, since Amir plays so well with JV. You bench Amir, and you limit his time with JV, or at least make it much tougher to get them both on the floor for extended stretches. Tough call.

I think I'd start Amir, but sub him out fast...like at the 6 or 7 minute mark. Play JV as much of the 1st as possible to establish the low-post game. Then near the end of the 1st or at the start of the 2nd, put Amir back in for JV until some point near the mid-2nd, where JV comes back on for Hansbrough to close out the half with Amir.

*Also, I really like Hansbrough's energy off the bench. With unknowns at PG, and not the most expressive guys on this team (Ross, Fields, Gray, Novak...), it's nice to have him come out with that lunacy of his. Could be a nice spark.
                              Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Jul 12, 2013, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X