Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"DeMar DeRozan - Greatness": A Fan made video tribute.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    #TeamFollowback?

Lol I kid.
    loooooooool
    Last edited by lilmamba_; Fri Aug 30, 2013, 10:13 PM.
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

O my bad lol
      https://www.youtube.com/user/TdotRaptorsTV

Comment

This was doooooppe.. this track should be used by whoever makes the preview video ..good job dude.

Comment

We live in a throw away instant gratification era. Young people have huge entitlement issues.

You want "greatness" and to pay tribute.....and to what?

An average to slightly average player that has played on a losing team the majority of his career????

I do not feel as if there is any reason to pay tribute to DD

Not even a little...and I like the guy!

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
            We live in a throw away instant gratification era. Young people have huge entitlement issues.

You want "greatness" and to pay tribute.....and to what?

An average to slightly average player that has played on a losing team the majority of his career????

I do not feel as if there is any reason to pay tribute to DD

Not even a little...and I like the guy!
            I have no idea what instant gratification and entitlement issues has anything to do with this (need some help with that?), but "I do not feel as if there's any reason" to criticism someone that is expressing their view in such a manner. However strongly you feel your opinions are the right ones, I'm personally glad that others have different ones and are allowed to express them without considering the need to satisfy yours.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
              I have no idea what instant gratification and entitlement issues has anything to do with this (need some help with that?), but "I do not feel as if there's any reason" to criticism someone that is expressing their view in such a manner. However strongly you feel your opinions are the right ones, I'm personally glad that others have different ones and are allowed to express them without considering the need to satisfy yours.
              Meh, I didnt read the whole thread, I didnt know that was just the name of the tune playing. My Bad.

As for entitlement issues...well that a much bigger topic. Its very apparent that todays youth are being shaped into little spoiled Kiddults that seem to believe you can just "have" things. So when you take a moment to reflect upon how this can often be manifested in their sports behavior, it can become pretty clear. A prime example would be "paying tribute" to DD's "greatness". In this particular case I will concede that the guy that made the video (a good one at that, cheers) wasn't doing this, but, it does happen quite a bit. It can even be seen in some athletes, Nazem KAdri comes to mind "I have paid my dues, I have more than seen my share of hardships". Ray Bourke saw his share of hardships....play 20 years, not 20 games before you say that....in comparison, lets set higher goals, as in the past for what we deem "greatness". Demar Derozan isn't great. He's a good player, but he has done shit in his career... no tribute need be given.

But kids want all this shit nowadays, they want their "own" great player, they want their own MJ, or, MAgic vs. Birds. Sadly what they get is "The Decisio".

Comment

Its a good video. The guy has good video editing skills.
                Why do so many people need to be dicks about it just because they don't like Derozan? Honestly, who fucking cares? lol
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Meh, I didnt read the whole thread, I didnt know that was just the name of the tune playing. My Bad.
                  In this particular case I will concede that the guy that made the video (a good one at that, cheers) wasn't doing this, but, it does happen quite a bit.
                  Not to dwell on this Craig, but that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a man admits he was wrong.
                  Doesn't happen around here enough. *slow clap* Haha

Though I completely agree with your other points, I would add however, that if a fan wants to pay tribute to their favourite player, who are you to say that they shouldn't? Just because there are 'better' players out there, Demar doesn't deserve fan appreciation?

Comment

Someone can make a Solomon Alibi tribute video if they feel so inclined. It's really none of my business how they decide to fill their time and it's not like I'm being forced to watch it if I don't want to.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Not to dwell on this Craig, but that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a man admits he was wrong.
                      Doesn't happen around here enough. *slow clap* Haha

Though I completely agree with your other points, I would add however, that if a fan wants to pay tribute to their favourite player, who are you to say that they shouldn't? Just because there are 'better' players out there, Demar doesn't deserve fan appreciation?
                      A few things;

1) Thanks, I don't mind being wrong...happens.

2) Usually a tribute has a time factor, and is attached to a celebration of an entire body of work. I personally wouldn't pay tribute to a young sports star, rather I'd save it for a retired Vet.

3) It was never a dislike for DD, I like him, a lot actually, nor was it a cry out against a tribute (as short sighted and pre-mature as it may be) to DD, it was the concept of a TRIBUTE O HIS GREATNESS that irked me a bit. He isn't great, he hasnt had time to be great, give the poor guy another decade, then lets re-visit "Great".

Comment

A few things;

1) Thanks, I don't mind being wrong...happens.

2) Usually a tribute has a time factor, and is attached to a celebration of an entire body of work. I personally wouldn't pay tribute to a young sports star, rather I'd save it for a retired Vet.

3) It was never a dislike for DD, I like him, a lot actually, nor was it a cry out against a tribute (as short sighted and pre-mature as it may be) to DD, it was the concept of a TRIBUTE O HIS GREATNESS that irked me a bit. He isn't great, he hasnt had time to be great, give the poor guy another decade, then lets re-visit "Great".
                        I've been on the 'trade DeRozan' bandwagon for quite some time, but I still thought the video montage was excellently done and was a fantastic way to highlight many of DeRozan's best plays. I've been silent in this thread thus far, but think kudos on the video are well deserved. The video was created to be a highlight reel for a particular player, which it was; nothing more, nothing less. I can't believe this thread is up to 60 comments of anything more than "good job" and "cool vid" type comments.

Hell, I actually found myself getting pumped for DeRozan, wishing he would be that aggressive on a more consistent basis, because he's exactly the kind of player/guy I'd love to root for! haha It was also a reminder that any player could be made to look like a HOF'er in a 3 minute montage! lol
                        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Sep 3, 2013, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Hey Bud, its a forum. We got passed the "great vid" part long ago, thats a given.

Were just having a civil conversation about something a bit different now is all

Comment

TdotRaptorsTV wrote: View Post
                            O my bad lol
                            thats alright
                            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                            X