Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1: Brooklyn Nets 94 - Toronto Raptors 87 (Nets 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be hard. But I believe our guys got this. The Nets are overtly cocky and it's gonna destroy them. Our guys have to be aggressive from the get-go. And that means DeMar can't let the game "come to him". It works during the regular season but during the playoffs, I'm not convinced it does.

Comment

Im not sure Im gonna make it to Saturday. I love playoff basketball, let's go raps! Lets kill these nets.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
        Bah I won't be able to catch the game.

I'll sneak a few peeks at work somehow... we'll be able to take them methinks.
        A real fan calls in sick. DO IT... seriously, DO IT!

Comment

Comment

As long as Casey doesn't fall into JKidds trap of playing Small Ball, I think we got this.
            Casey's favourite thing early in the season was to match small for small...

Oh and Rasual Butler scored 19 points for the Pacers last night ... Whaaat?!

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              As long as Casey doesn't fall into JKidds trap of playing Small Ball, I think we got this.
              Casey's favourite thing early in the season was to match small for small...

Oh and Rasual Butler scored 19 points for the Pacers last night ... Whaaat?!
              lol? I thought he's retired

Comment

A few random thoughts. It's kind of crazy that it's like we're really playing the C*ltics in the first round. The nets may have finished strong but I remember that when everyone pointed out how easy our post all star schedule was, there's was just as easy. Lastly, we are playing with house money. No one expects us to beat the heat. We are not built for a championship. This is all gravy. The nets need to beat us to get to their main objective of beating the heat. If we lose, it sucks but it's on with the growth. If they lose, it's a people get deported to Siberia disaster. That's got to help for something.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  A few random thoughts. It's kind of crazy that it's like we're really playing the C*ltics in the first round. The nets may have finished strong but I remember that when everyone pointed out how easy our post all star schedule was, there's was just as easy. Lastly, we are playing with house money. No one expects us to beat the heat. We are not built for a championship. This is all gravy. The nets need to beat us to get to their main objective of beating the heat. If we lose, it sucks but it's on with the growth. If they lose, it's a people get deported to Siberia disaster. That's got to help for something.
                  Lets send those muh'fuckas to Siberia then!

Comment

Oh, and easy on the swearing people...

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

I hate Peddie, but I love this tweet!

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                        new jersey did this to us with their red jerseys... I hope we do this as well
                        I don't think any other team's promo and marketing team is as dumb as ours have been.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          I don't think any other team's promo and marketing team is as dumb as ours have been.
                          What, you didn't like Beyonce's "Crazy in Love" as our intro music in 2007???

Comment

I appear to be in the minority here, but our overconfidence is a little extreme at the moment. While I can appreciate the enthusiasm, these "old farts" have been well rested for these last couple weeks and bring alot of post-season experience to the table. I can't shake my own pessimism. Youth and speed are one thing, but when it comes to playoffs its tough to beat experience.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                              I appear to be in the minority here, but our overconfidence is a little extreme at the moment. While I can appreciate the enthusiasm, these "old farts" have been well rested for these last couple weeks and bring alot of post-season experience to the table. I can't shake my own pessimism. Youth and speed are one thing, but when it comes to playoffs its tough to beat experience.
                              Most fans are living vicariously through the players right now, feeling insulted by the Nets' actions, and wanting to destroy them as a result (which is understandable).

But the reality of the situation is, this will be a very, VERY tough series. We're the underdog despite being the higher seed.
                              Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Apr 17, 2014, 10:48 AM.

Comment

we win in six
                                nets got nothing on us
                                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                                X