Reggie Reggie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie Reggie!

After watching the first 15 games or so I think Reggie should be in Toronto's future plans and should perhaps look into signing him to a contract extention. It's clear he dedicated himself this summer and the results have showed he is a monster and other teams fear the beast.!!
    I would sign him to 3-4 yrs, by that time Ed Davis should be ready to start.
    Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Mon Nov 22, 2010, 03:13 AM.

Of course we should sign him for long term...he is only 30...

Comment

That makes absolutely no sense... if you're even the least bit interested in the long-term growth of this team!

Reggie is already 30 years old and there are already 2 younger, more skilled PFs on the roster that need playing time to realize their full potential - Johnson and Davis. Evans should be nothing more than a stop-gap measure. His true value for the Raptors is him using the first half of this season to increase his market value as an asset come the trade deadline! With his excellent rebounding and hustle, decent man-to-man defense and $5M expiring contract, BC damn well better trade him to improve this team for the long-term!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        That makes absolutely no sense... if you're even the least bit interested in the long-term growth of this team!

Reggie is already 30 years old and there are already 2 younger, more skilled PFs on the roster that need playing time to realize their full potential - Johnson and Davis. Evans should be nothing more than a stop-gap measure. His true value for the Raptors is him using the first half of this season to increase his market value as an asset come the trade deadline! With his excellent rebounding and hustle, decent man-to-man defense and $5M expiring contract, BC damn well better trade him to improve this team for the long-term!
        30 years old mean very little. Reggie is younger than 90% of Boston team. Every contending team needs a player like Evans who brings the intangibles of hustle, heart, and swagger if you want to compete against the best teams. Is it a coincidence we hadn't beaten Boston in 3 years, yet the first time a healthy Reggie starts for us he pulls down 16 boards makes garnett a non factor and we win ...

I agree that Amir and Davis need time. But Evans can be a good mentor for Davis and if Davis gets stronger hecan play pf/centre which mean Evans wont affect either johnsons are davis developlement if anything he can only help.

Comment

I would re-sign him, thing is that we have Amir and Ed playing the 4. Unless it's one year, veteran minimum then no.

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
            30 years old mean very little. Reggie is younger than 90% of Boston team. Every contending team needs a player like Evans who brings the intangibles of hustle, heart, and swagger if you want to compete against the best teams. Is it a coincidence we hadn't beaten Boston in 3 years, yet the first time a healthy Reggie starts for us he pulls down 16 boards makes garnett a non factor and we win ...

I agree that Amir and Davis need time. But Evans can be a good mentor for Davis and if Davis gets stronger hecan play pf/centre which mean Evans wont affect either johnsons are davis developlement if anything he can only help.
            DunkinDerozan,
            im gonna say this very nicely...
            Based on the your posts and forums so far during your brief time as a member it is very evident that you dont have much of a basketball IQ. No offense, and i know this will sound rude but jsut because you think something; doesnt mean you should say it aloud. Again, no offense but forums like these are a waste. sorry
            Ps reggie will be gone by the dead line IMO. if not then signed to a 1 year vet min

Comment

What Reggie has done for the team has been great, his hustle and grittiness has been somewhat contagious. Amir, although very young, is on his 6th year in the league, he has had plenty of mentoring from some very good players in Detroit and Toronto. It is time, and we have seen it the last 2 games, for Amir to gain some consistency. Davis is still an unknown and it would be nice to have a vet for him to learn from, but Evans may be more valuable to a contending team then he is as a babysitter to our young players. Reggie's 5 million deal that expires this year may bring in a late first round pick from a top team in need of a banger, package him with a Wright and it may be a pick and a decent prospect.

I cheer what Reggie has done, and is doing, but I am not sure he has a future with the club.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

It's insane that everyone wants Reggie gone. For the first time in like a decade the Raps have a banger, a guy who grabs boards, plays tough, and, most importantly, provides the heart and hustle that compels the team to play harder. He is their unquestioned glue guy and floor leader. It is sad to see so many willing to toss him on the heap of players whose value consists of only of being trade fodder. He should be a Raptor next year. He doesn't necessarily need to play a lot, but the team is better with him for the intangibles he brings. Davis hasn't played a minute. It will take time. Reggie can still be effective for a few more seasons. He's not going to get the money he's making now from any team. But for 2-3m, it'd be foolish not to want him to stick around.

Comment

I would keep him as well for under 4 million. People don't realize if he wasn't on our team, other teams would beat the crap out of the raptors because they are a bunch of pansies. He does a lot of good things that goes unnoticed (Setting picks, taking charges, intimidating other teams by threatening to beat them up!) Everyone on the raptors can go out and play tougher because they know Uncle Reggie will kick their ass! I call it the "Oakley" factor. He goes toe to toe with Dwight Howard and isn't scared to body slam him! Again one of the main reasons we were close in the boston game is because of Reggie. Boston has the toughest team in the league. They win games by bullying and intimidating. The Lakers had to go out and get Ron Artest to toughen them up so Boston wouldn't push them around. So not to go off on anymore tangents, the take home point is, without Reggie Evans we would get beaten up and pushed around every game!

If only we can combine Reggie and Andrea into one person, and then we can start Amir or Ed Davis at the 4. Life would be good for a raptor fan!

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                    DunkinDerozan,
                    Based on the your posts and forums so far during your brief time as a member it is very evident that you dont have much of a basketball IQ. No offense, and i know this will sound rude but jsut because you think something; doesnt mean you should say it aloud. Again, no offense but forums like these are a waste. sorry
                    Ps reggie will be gone by the dead line IMO. if not then signed to a 1 year vet min
                    Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black then I don't know what is. Listen to your own advice next time.

These are forums guys where everyone is entitled to an opinion. Let's cut him some slack. God knows I read worse over the last year.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                      DunkinDerozan,
                      Don't be a hater! Listen to your own words, just because YOU think something doesn't mean you should write it publicly! It's a public forum where all raptor fans can bitch and complain together because we love our team so much and think we can do a better job than BC. It's our safe place!

Comment

I like Reggie, he is a solid contributer to this team and brings some of that toughness we've needed since the Bosh era started. I am also not sure he is going to be moved this season anymore because Anderson is gone. Suddenly we have 4 bigs on the roster including Davis and since Ed is going to take some time to get into heavy minutes, I think we need Reggie on this team right now. I would like him to be traded to make more playing time once we bring in a good back up center, maybe Alabi after his D-league stint, or Oden this summer if we can get him.
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Reg The Fierce MOST DEFINITELY serves a purpose on this team!

Comment

Reggie also love sToronto. That's something we have a hard time finding. Even if he is signed to the vet's minimum and plays 14-15 minutes a game, those young guns will still have to bang with him in practice. I like the idea of keeping him around. He's a good leader and role model for these kids and that should not be overlooked.

Comment

I would definitely sign Reggie, but not for an extension. I'd sign him for less money to mentor the young guys on the team, specifically the bigs. If he wants a bigger contract on another team, then so be it. But I hope BC doesn't give him the "Turkoglu" contract. We need Reggie to be the way he is until Davis (and maybe Alabi) develops.

Comment

Working...
                              X