Jeff Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Green

I couldn't find another thread about this, but if there is feel free to move this post to there.

Apparently Jeff Green is healthy after his heart condition.
    If this is true, should the Raptors try to sign him? How much would you pay?

He is only 25 years old, and can still grow, and could step in and immediately start for us.

What do you guys think?

This surely is an option we have to consider, but I think their are better and safer options out there. For our starting SF search I think our plan should go like this:
    1-Draft Barnes or MGK, if not:
    2-Try to trade for an elite SF (Gay, Iguodala, Smith, etc.) if not:
    3-Try to sign Batum, Wallace, Kirilenko or Green.

If nothing of those scenarios works out, then stick to JJ as our starting SF for at least the start of next season.
    Last edited by charlesnba23; Sun Jun 17, 2012, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Is he a true 3 or is he a combo forward? That is my big concern with him, he has shown he can play in the league, but what would his role be with Toronto?
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        This surely is an option we have to consider, but I think their are better and safer options out there. For our starting SF search I think our plan should go like this:

If nothing of those scenarios works out, then stick to JJ as our starting SF for at least the start of next season.
        Unless we move up MKG and Barnes will already be picked. Iggy seems to old or us at this stage in the rebuild, and I am not a big fan of smith, of course this being all opinion. I would like to see Gay here, but it appears like he would cost us a lot (DD, Ed and #8 pick ish?) And since Green is a free agent, we do not need to give up any assets for him. Personally I would rather DD, Ed, Green and our pick to develop together then to trade for Gay.

WJF wrote: View Post
        Is he a true 3 or is he a combo forward? That is my big concern with him, he has shown he can play in the league, but what would his role be with Toronto?
        I always thought he was undersized as a 4, and that he was better suited at the 3. Im not 100% about his quickness on defence, but I think he is an average defender there. I feel like he can start at the 3, but that is just my opinion.

One idea, if he is a combo-forward, it would open up a chance to trade JJ (and Amir or Ed?) for another player, well not depleting our rotation.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post

He is definitely a tweener. What I found interesting was that he was a PF in OKC with Durant at 3, even though Green was shorter. Even still he was a below average rebounder, an okay 3-point shooter, and isn't great defensively. Should we go after him? We already have enough tweeners, and really he doesn't make much sense in

Comment

stefan5301 wrote: View Post
            He is definitely a tweener. What I found interesting was that he was a PF in OKC with Durant at 3, even though Green was shorter. Even still he was a below average rebounder, an okay 3-point shooter, and isn't great defensively. Should we go after him? We already have enough tweeners, and really he doesn't make much sense in
            I think OKC played Durant at the three and Green at 4 because Durant is a much better player, and they wanted him to play in his proper position, leaving green as the odd man out.

Is he only below average rebounder and defender at the four only? Do you know how he played as a three? Just wondering, as I do not know myself.

Comment

he is a true 3 he played 4 in OKC because they went best player available instead of need
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                he is a true 3 he played 4 in OKC because they went best player available instead of need
                He played pf in college and mostly in the nba. No true sf whatsoever. Besides, hè has never proven to be any good, certainly not for the money he will probably be asking and somehow might even get. He is still nothing more than a tease.

Comment

I would take at run at him. $6-7mil a season seems about right.

Comment

I would go for him, he is better than the SF's we have. He is a legit SF, but had to play the 4 in OKC.

Comment

I always loved Green's game.

He should be a safety signing though. Make a move for Gay or a higher pick and if all that fails (which it probably will), make a play for Green.

Comment

Who cares. We could use both. The more versatile the better.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3209/jeff-green

not the greatest shooter

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/andre_iguodala/
                          looks like iggy is more than marginally better

as a consolation prize if we didnt trade the pick for one of the better players or barnes doesn't drop, at the right price he would be a good signing. i think that 6-7 is too high. a one or two year 3-5 million seems like what he should be getting to prove his heart is ok.

i can see a better team then us offering an exception at those prices.

Comment

Yeah I'm not going to throw money at a guy that just missed a entire season with a heart condition. Call me crazy.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I was just watching some of his highlights. He seems alright. I'm not sure how I feel about taking a run at a guy who had heart surgery. He's a big down-er from who I really want ... Rudy Gay. Also, if the contract he woul command is in the area of 5-6 million, I don't see why Boston would not want to offer him that. He wants to be a Celtic & a core of Rondo, Bass, Bradley, Jeff Green and 2 rookies is a good place to start.

Rudy Gay first. Iggy second. Batum third. Kirilenko fourth. Jeff Green next. Then if nothing else, James Johnson stays as our 3 & hopefully, he somehow gets his shot fixed (very flat and no rotation).
                              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Working...
                              X